PDA

View Full Version : A brief peep into Daisy World

Divine Daisy
July 7th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Jean emailed me this week and said she missed my stories. Truthfully there have been no new stories in a while............that is until Friday.

Many of you know about Seamus, my Maine Coon who attends church every Sunday and brownies on a Wednesday. When the church bell begins to ring he trots off, he was banned for a while but managed to flirt his way back in.

On Friday, I was walking back from the village, the church bell was ringing and when I turned the corner I saw that a funeral was about to begin. the hearse was outside the church and the undertakers where loading the coffin onto the trolley. (no carrying of coffins these days apparently............health and safety) They were arranging the flowers on top of the coffin, the vicar was standing waiting to lead it into the church. Mourners were inside waiting. As I walked I saw the stripy vision that is Seamus trotting down the street, resplendent in his T Shirt (has a bad back). I knew what was going to happen, everything went into slow motion as I began to run. A long tormented 'noooooooooooooo' escaped from me but no one was listening. As if he had read the script in my head Seamus uttered a chirp, launched himself gracefully and landed on top of the coffin. That is where all grace ended. He hit the polished surface of the wood, skidded knocking all the flowers off the top, one undertaker dived to save them (failed), the vicar uttered the holy words 'oh bloody hell Seamus' and the second undertaker began to polish the coffin top with his sleeve to try to remove the skid marks.

I arrived too late to prevent the inevitable so I gathered up my cat and apologised over and over. The vicar was by now giggling, both undertakers were frantically rearranging flowers and the church bell continued to toll. I backed away..........still apologising. Seamus was nuzzling my neck delighted to be carried and the coffin finally made a dignified entrance into the church.

What can I say? My cat loves sitting on boxes..............things are never dull in Daisy World.

K. McEuen
July 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM
At least he didn't knock it over!

Glad to hear from you, hope you are doing well. Going to have to look for a little t-shirt with a tuxedo printed on it for Seamus, just for special occasions.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I am howling with laughter over the picture you painted in my head! That cat, always needs to be in thick of things! And it sounds like he lightened the mood of the funeral goers with his leap to glory, and inevitable walk of shame ( only for his owner!) to get him back home!

You just made my day by sharing this little story! Thanks so much for telling it to your forum friends! We all do miss you so!

janluna
July 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Oh Daisy, that is too funny! I love Seamus stories. What a great book his life story would be! I could just see it, you write so well. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Jan L.

cyndiofthevortex
July 7th, 2013, 04:59 PM
What a hilarious story! It is so good to hear from you again. I think of you and Mr. Daisy often. You have a wonderful way of weaving your stories to make me feel like I'm right there!

lilmouse
July 7th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I have missed you...hope you are feeling ok! Poor Seamus sure does have his adventures doesn't he!

rebeccas-sewing
July 7th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Oh my goodness, Alison, hysterical! You're quite the storyteller. I miss you. I need to send you photos of the quilts for my mother-in-law so you can see the fabrics you helped me pick out to compliment the neckties. I will make sure to do so tomorrow. Love and hugs. Hi to the big guy!

shannonsaulter
July 7th, 2013, 05:08 PM
OMG Daisy I can just see it...LOL I bet this will go down in kitty hall of fame

pcbatiks
July 7th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Good to hear from you Daisy! What a funny story...............I could picture the whole thing as if I was there! I agree with Karen....Seamus needs a tuxedo shirt for special occasions. Community involvement seems to be important to Seamus! :D

Thanks for sharing that story with us!

Iris Girl
July 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Glad the community seems to love him as much as he loves the community! And yes he needs a tuxedo shirt! so funny.

mamaquilt
July 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I'm glad to hear from you. How about writing a book about Seamus? I'm sure you and Seamus would be bestsellers.
Have a nice week

bec
July 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Too funny! Good to hear from you. I like Michele's idea about a book. It would be a great childrens book. :)

Precious1
July 7th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I really enjoyed reading about Seamus. I was laughing so hard, I choked. I can just picture it happening as you describe it. Still laughing. I agree with whoever said about a book. I would read it.

Now, I'm gonna see if I can find any more Seamus stories.:icon_bigsmile:

HdWench
July 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM
oh Seamus!!! Love reading your stories and the Adventures of Seamus are always a delight (well maybe not to the mourners hehehe)

Glad to hear you are back at it, and Seamus is having fun enjoying his life :-)

mommadeb
July 7th, 2013, 08:17 PM
What a laugh! It gave me a much needed bright spot in my day.

Loonwatcher
July 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM
OMG you brightened my day. I love your stories.

BellasQuilts
July 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I have missed your stories. I was so worried that he knocked the whole thing off the trolley...what a cat! Hugs to you and himself.

Poppytree
July 7th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Daisy, I laughed till I cried - you painted a wonderful word picture and I'll go through the day chuckling now. So glad to have you back.

MRoy
July 7th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Daisy, you're a wonderful storyteller. I laughed out loud picturing Seamus scrambling around on the coffin. I hope you and Mr D are doing well. We've missed you here. There's only one Divine Daisy!

PeggyM
July 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Howling! My sister has a Maine Coon, and works in funeral service. I'll have to tell her your story.

Patrice
July 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Enjoyed reading that. To funny

auntiemern
July 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Oh my dearest DD. Such a wonderful Seamus story. The way you tell it, I can see it unfolding in my head. Good to hear from you. Pop in and say hi occasionally. We miss you.

GuitarGramma
July 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Dear Miss Daisy,

Your stories always warm my heart. Thank you for shaing this with us here on the forum. It is good to hear from you again.

Ginny B
July 7th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Oh my goodness, what a great story! I think a book about Seamus and his adventures would be a best seller for sure. You tell stories so well. I had it pictured perfectly in my head -- could even hear your long "nooooooooo" as you saw what was about to happen.

I don't know about other families, but it seems like there is always some sort of funny story that happens whenever there is a funeral in our family. I think that family (or maybe just a few of them) will have a chuckle when they think back on the day and say "remember that cat that came out of nowhere!"

Nice to hear from you.

Ginny B

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Here's a special movie of Seamus and friends - he even does sound effects:

Watch Skidding Funny Cats Video | Break.com (http://www.break.com/video/ugc/skidding-funny-cats-2015238)

ilive2craft2
July 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Miss Daisy, it is so nice to hear from you! I love your stories. Hope you and Mr. D. are doing well. I think of you both often.

phoots
July 8th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Daisy, thank you for sharing that story with us! I visualized the whole thing and it was great!!!

Pam in Vegas

bakermom
July 8th, 2013, 03:25 AM
hey, the deceased was probably a cat lover and Seamus wanted to give him a proper sendoff.

Granny Judy
July 8th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Love your story, DD. It's so good to hear from you. Miss you and the big guy!! Sending you both lots of cyber hugs.

Wwena
July 8th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Daisy, THANK YOU for sharing that. I've got tears in my eyes form laughing. I can picture it so clearly!!! LOVE.

Genny
July 9th, 2013, 08:41 AM
LOVE your story:lol: We truly do miss you!

Madeforyouinma11
July 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
I don't know how I missed this story. I was thinking of you and looked to see when you posted last and this is what I found. Hubby and I were in stitches laughing at your story. Seamus is such an adventurous cat, how could anyone get mad at him for saying goodbye to what may have been one of his dear friends...lol
I think of you and Mr D often. Sending (((hugs))) and prayers to you both and hope you are able to visit soon.