PDA

View Full Version : Getting frustrated!!

Karena1984
July 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM
So my daughters father is in from Afghanistan on r&r they were supposed to spend the weekend together. We got up early and put her new site and sensor in (diabetic) and off she went to Lancaster with her dad! I get a call a few hours later that her pump was acting up. So I talked him through how to reset everything. Worked for a few more hours then her sensor dies!! My fiancée and I then Drove over two hours down there to replace them! Changed the sensor and started to head home but we got turned around. The poor girl had to come home with me. I feel so awful because she doesn't get to spend a lot of time with her dad these days and now this! Needless to say everyone is really bummed out! I'm hoping the company expresses her a new transmitter ASAP! I want her to be able to spend time with her dad while he's in the country! I guess worse case senerio I have a house guest for the week! Lol thankfully I adore my ex and we all get along haha ok I feel better!

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Sending hugs. At least you and ex are not throwing stones. She will adjust - after all, look at all she's faced in her young life. She's a trooper and I'm certain her Dad understands the problems she's up against. Hugs to you!!

bakermom
July 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
aw that must have been so disappointing for her. hope you get things straightened out

Karena1984
July 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
The company is sending a new one. Thankfully it will be here tomorrow and its under warranty!! I'm hoping Tuesday i can drive her back out there!

Karena1984
July 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Sending hugs. At least you and ex are not throwing stones. She will adjust - after all, look at all she's faced in her young life. She's a trooper and I'm certain her Dad understands the problems she's up against. Hugs to you!!

Lol we don't throw stones it's more like bullets! Haha he and I have always got along well! We didn't function well married but I'm thankful we ended the marriage before bitterness and resentment set in! Married or not the man still raids my fridge and I will continue to annoy him for the rest of his life! Haha

auntiemern
July 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sorry that happened to your DD. But since you do get along well, maybe he could just stay with you til the new pump comes in, then she ca go with her dad.

rebeccas-sewing
July 7th, 2013, 12:47 PM
You're so lucky to have a good relationship with your ex. Gosh, some of the stories I hear from folks who are divorced or trying to divorce are a real eye opener. So glad I've got a good marriage. I just don't know if I could deal with the stress if it hadn't worked out.

K. McEuen
July 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
You realize this kind of stuff always happens on the weekend or a holiday. Hopefully it will all work right with the new one.

mom4him
July 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Praying they will still get to spend a lot of time together. I know how important it is.
I praise you for keeping a good relationship with her father.

Mpyles
July 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Glad to hear you are getting it replaced!! Hope she gets to spend some wonderful time with her dad!!

shannonsaulter
July 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM
WOW that's just rough I hope that the co does get her a new one..at least you all get along unlike so many divorced families nowadays