PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Monique?



janluna
July 7th, 2013, 01:20 AM
I'm worried about Monique. She lives in Quebec and they have had to evacuate many people from their homes due to a train carrying toxic chemicals derailed. Just wondered if anyone heard from her? They said some homes have been damaged by the fire and a few people haven't been accounted for. Saying prayers for Monique and her family and for all the people in Quebec that have breathed in any of those fumes, or who have lost a home to the ensuing fires. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

kelliedi
July 7th, 2013, 01:24 AM
she posted this mornings thread and saw her comment on a few too

Monique
July 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I AM OKAY!!

Thanks for the concern, but I am very far away from this tragedy. About 7 hours. My son would be closer but not close enough to be affected.

It is nice to know you are thinking of me just the same.

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
We've all been thinking of our northern neighbors and friends!!!

MayinJerset
July 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear you are OK. May

nyscpa2be
July 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
When I first saw the news story, I looked it up on Google Maps, and saw that it was the other side of the province! But then I realized what the cars were carrying, and got very scared. The main line from Montreal to NYC runs by my parents house - maybe 500 ft away, and we get two trains a day carrying crude petroleum from the oil fields in North Dakota. Just the thought of a derailment is scary scary scary!!!! Other trains carry ethanol, and lots more flammable materials.

Over40momma
July 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
It's an awful mess, but glad to know you are ok Monique. Will keep those poor folks and all the first responders in my prayers and thoughts.

janluna
July 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Oh Thank Goodness You are OK!!!!!! I was worried about you. Amy is right, you don't know what you are breathing in, when stuff like this happens. I had to take a hazardous materials course when I was a firefighter. Even if the stuff in one tank may not be real real bad, it can mix with some other chemical and become something deadly. Because I live in a farming community, we had to know what we could be walking into on a barn fire for instance. Farmers use all kind of chemicals and when a fire happens if they mix together they can create chemicals that haven't even been invented yet! We also have two major interstate running through town. The trucks that pass through can do the same thing. That's why I was worried for you and all the people in Quebec. Love you Sweetie, glad you are ok. Hugs, Jan L.

lilmouse
July 7th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Glad to hear that you are ok Monique

shannonsaulter
July 7th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Glad you are ok prayers for those closer to it!

sally
July 7th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Monique I was worried too! C'est tres Terrible. My thoughts and prayers to those affected!