PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness this is Saturday

Monique
July 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Good morning friends. Just a short day today and then I am done until Monday. Planning on going out for lunch with friends. It is supposed to be another hot and muggy day. I need to get laundry hung out to dry. I finished quilting the big quilt yesterday. Now to decide how to finish it.

I would like to wish you all a lovely weekend.

Mpyles
July 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning everyone! Monique, a half day sounds lovely! We have I been going thru a cool spell, but I think we are suppose start climbing back up today. It sure was nice whiles it lasted. When it gets hot out, I often find myself asking...am I hot or is this a hot flash?
Saturdays are busy days for me...as it is kids eat free on the weekends....it being a holiday weekend we should be covered up. Just gonna have a cup 'o coffee and motivate myself to go.

BOM was last night and I ended up buying a Christmas quilt kit...looks fairly easy and it's very pretty...can't wait to get the current projects done!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Ginny B
July 6th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Good Morning everyone. Happy Saturday. Going to be another hot, humid day today. DH got the front and back yards mowed last night when the sun was going down so that's out of the way. I should get out there and do some weeding but I think we will put that off until tomorrow morning. This morning we will head to a farm market and then dh will do the grocery shopping and I will do a bit of laundry and head up to my sewing room. Would love to head to the beach again but since we have been there twice since last Sunday, I guess I need to give some attention to my house.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Ginny B

RFREE
July 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone. Been up since 4 can't sleep. Back is killing me. Not much planned today other than getting ready to go camping tomorrow with the nieces. Have never done this before a bit apprehensive how it will all turn out. Anyway I may try to lay back down a bit to see if my back eases up. Yall have a great weekend!
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

cyndiofthevortex
July 6th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Good morning, all. We are dying up here in the northeast! I felt weak yesterday at the ocean from the terrible heat. It wasn't much cooler since there was no sea breeze. The fireworks we saw were great, though.

Today DH and I are stuck home as the boys are using both cars. I will do some sewing before it is too hot in my sewing room. I was tempted to call it a "studio" but as it is only 5' by 10' it should be called my sewing nook! DH is out doing some early morning yard work before the temps go back up to the 90's. I wish we could spend the day outside in the yard but we would both wilt with this humidity. Have I mentioned yet that it's hot up here? Yep, it sure is.

MayinJerset
July 6th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Need to do some yard and deck work too and should get a move on before it gets too hot. Garden weeding might not get done at all as the weeds are now 2 feet high and blooming with pretty little flowers. Between the heat and the fact the DH and I can't get on our knees or bend too long to weed I think these little suckers will now be considered ground cover. They do look nice in between the tall orange day lilies and the short yellow ones.

Had a nice luncheon with my Granny cousins yesterday, hostess cousin Ann invited a friend to join us and it was nice getting to know someone new. Grannys have decided to research and find out exactly where our grandparents are buried in an old Brooklyn cemetery so we can plan a visit to their grave site. I'm doing the research and will also try to locate the church where some of our parents were baptized. When plans are set we will invite any and all cousins to join us for the visits to the church and cemetery and as a surprise treat them to lunch afterwards. There are a few cousins that we never hear from and this may be a perfect way to touch base with them. Went to the cemetery years ago as my fraternal grandparents are also buried there but couldn't find neither of my grandparent's graves. It was on the weekend so there wasn't anyone on duty to help, hopefully I can get a map of the layout.

BellasQuilts
July 6th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Good Saturday morning to all. Took my baby in for servicing. Had it now 2 years (wow!) and I thought it should get a good cleaning and servicing since it never sat idle in two years. Got my back up machine so I can at least sew a few blocks. Today I am making plum jam. Had to buy some since the birdies ate all the ones on the tree while we were on vacation. Hoping to get some peaches from the neighbor. Hugs to all and prayers for those that are in need.

sally
July 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Good morning...Slightly overcast here but still going to be a nice one. I have a wedding to go to this afternoon. Two days ago it hit me that I didn't have a wedding present. I had a lap quilt top done that I thought would be nice for the couple so I began a marathon quilting event. I did stitch in the ditch with some tying for contrast and I got it all done last night...binding included. PHEW. It is a heart shaped pattern similar to this one done by fellow forum member Shirley http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/members/shirley-albums-quilts-things-picture42019t-our-heart-quilt-2.jpg
Well must get my you know what in gear

Have a lovely day everyone!

Shauna

alliek
July 6th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Good afternoon All, took a break to have another cup of coffee and see what's what on the forum. You all sound busy, hot here also but the sun has maintained all morning although there are grey clouds in the west. I expect we will have more rain. I really have to clean but I am trying to become motivated, I really want to sew! DD went home yesterday, she keeps me busy running around. I just love her to be with me. Well, love to stay longer but I have a huge bag of green beans that need to be blanched and frozen and some dust bunnies that need to be rounded up. Everyone have a good one. Stay cool!

toggpine
July 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
It's now afternoon here too. I started out great.
Then the neighbor called and she had locked herself out of her house. So she came up to get her key. We had a cup of coffee and visited for a bit. When we went to find her key, we realized she had taken it when she sold her car and not brought us back the house key.
We walked back to her house, pried off a screen and popped Em through the window so she could open the front door! It's now 1PM and I haven't gotten as much done as I hoped.

I shall go get on with it and hopefully make up some time. It wasn't "lost" or "wasted" time as it was good to see her and catch up with her. We decided we need to do it more often.

Here is to hoping I can whip through and get some sewing in today!
You all have a great day, or make it one!
Hugs, Cathy