PDA

View Full Version : Medical Update.

auntiemern
July 5th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with me. I got the results from my PET scan. They weren't great, but could have been worse. The nodule in my right lung showed active cells, which is most likely malignant. Will have it biopsied tomorrow (Fri). The scan also showed that I didn't have anything anywhere else, so if it is cancer it hasn't spread to any other organs or brain. The nodule had also shrunk .4 cm between the CT scan and the PET scan. I won't have any results from the biopsy until Monday, at which time I guess we will discuss a plan of attack. Could still use your prayers. I am praying that they can just remove the nodule, do a little radiation or chemo, and be one of the 10% that live over 5 yrs after being diagnosed, and be cancer free. After all, God does provide miracles.
Hugs to you all.

Jen7
July 5th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Prayers and all good thoughts are on their way. Not all bad news, but not news you wanted I am sure. Keep the faith...

turena65
July 5th, 2013, 02:25 AM
You got it.... prayers on the way....

Mpyles
July 5th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Prayers!!!!

dwil23
July 5th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Absolutely have you in my prayers, Marilyn. (((HUGS)))

Madeforyouinma11
July 5th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Marilyn, I will keep you in my prayers that all turns out to be good news. Please keep us posted, and know that we are all here praying for you.

brook
July 5th, 2013, 02:46 AM
May you draw strength from God during this time.

Evilynn
July 5th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Oh Marilyn... I still have you in my thoughts!

Andrea F
July 5th, 2013, 04:20 AM
I will have you in my thoughts too! Sending strength and lots of hugs.

Iris Girl
July 5th, 2013, 05:47 AM
sending well wishes good thoughts and positive energy your way with some added hugs.

rebeccas-sewing
July 5th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Wishing for a good outcome for you, Marilyn. We're all keeping you in our prayers.

quilter.martha
July 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Prayers being said for you. May God give your comfort as you walk this path.

Blondie
July 5th, 2013, 07:19 AM

Loving you like a monkey loves bananas.
Praying for you daily.
You know where I am.

Big fat squishy arms hugs from me to you.

HandsOffItsMine
July 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM
(((Marilyn))) you know we're continuing to pray for you and I'm still holding your hand in cyberspace.

Much love, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zander, Oliver and Penny

Slamelung
July 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you

MayinJerset
July 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Prayers from me also that the news is good news, Hugs, May

pcbatiks
July 5th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Prayers from me too........

Gayle Russell
July 5th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Prayers coming your way for healing and strength. Blessings to you.

Over40momma
July 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Marilyn, my prayers and thoughts are with you. You have early detection on your side; you have no signs of it migrating elsewhere (big, huge happy dance for that!!) and you have a lot of people praying for you.

Take heart, for 18 years I have been living with active cancers that every doctor said would kill me within 6 months. Do what they tell you, support your body's immune system, but never underestimate the power of sheer stubbornness! God will work miracles, but He expects us to do our part too. And if you ever need to just shake your fist and rail at the wind......pm me, I can give you pointers. ;) Best medicines I have ever found to work 100% with no side effects........laughter and love.:icon_hug:

MRoy
July 5th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for you! ((((HUGS))))

Sandy Navas
July 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkkz6wbcDw1qb5wbbo1_500.jpg (http://www.tumblr.com/ZK1xOy4oBbCn)

nana margaret
July 5th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I wish only the best for you, stay strong.

Bubby
July 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
My diligent prayers are asking God for a good report for you, Marilyn. I can't imagine what you are going through but I believe in miracles. HUGS, Barb

grannyann
July 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I was hoping for the news you were so hoping for. But you know we woman can be stubborn and refuse to give in or give up and I know that is you. May God give you that inner peace you so need while waiting for the results. Praying for you along with all your quilting sisters.Hugs

Jean Sewing Machine
July 5th, 2013, 09:54 AM
You have so many prayers from friends and family, my God lift you up and hold you in the palm of His hand, as you go through this.

Suzette
July 5th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Keeping you lifted in prayer, Marilyn!

Lissau
July 5th, 2013, 10:04 AM
(((((((((((((Marilyn)))))))))))))))) .............chin up buddy

Grandma G
July 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with me. I got the results from my PET scan. They weren't great, but could have been worse. The nodule in my right lung showed active cells, which is most likely malignant. Will have it biopsied tomorrow (Fri). The scan also showed that I didn't have anything anywhere else, so if it is cancer it hasn't spread to any other organs or brain. The nodule had also shrunk .4 cm between the CT scan and the PET scan. I won't have any results from the biopsy until Monday, at which time I guess we will discuss a plan of attack. Could still use your prayers. I am praying that they can just remove the nodule, do a little radiation or chemo, and be one of the 10% that live over 5 yrs after being diagnosed, and be cancer free. After all, God does provide miracles.
Hugs to you all.

And if anyone is deserving of a miracle, you are. My continued prayers that this, too, shall pass.

Sew Perfect
July 5th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Awe, Marilyn, I'm so sorry. I will keep praying for you. Will look for your next post on Monday.

GrammaBabs
July 5th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Your in my heart and mind...if anyone deserves the miracle,, it's you... go show em' GF!!

lilmouse
July 5th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Holding you in my heart and in my prayers...you can do this!

Cat n bull
July 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM
{{{hugs}}} and prayers.

mom4him
July 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Marilyn, I some how missed this. I want you to know that I am in agreement with you that you will be one of the 10% for sure. I am also praying for wisdom from the medical staff, that they do only what they need to do and they will know exactly what that is. Keep strong in the Lord. He has a plan for your life and it is a plan for good.

cyndiofthevortex
July 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Marilyn, I wish all the news was good. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know you are a strong lady and can beat this thing.

K. McEuen
July 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I got nothing witty on this one. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Kaytessa
July 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Praying daily for you, and keep your fighting spirit, depend on God and we're praying for wisdom and knowledge for you and the doctors in this. You can prove them wrong about the time limit.

Our Father is still in the miracle business!!

Mimis-quilts
July 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way...

GuitarGramma
July 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Dearest Marilyn,

You will be in my prayers. Early detection is your first blessing. I pray for many more.

Much love,
Toni

quiltingtrish
July 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I've got my prayers coming too Marilyn.

(((((HUGS))))),

Lindagie
July 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Positive vibes and prayers being sent your way. Stay strong!

RFREE
July 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM
You have been on my mind alot lately.My prayers continue for you.

Cathy F
July 5th, 2013, 06:00 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome. Hugs.

HdWench
July 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
not horrible, but I'm sure not great news either! God has long-term plans for you Marilyn, he can't take you now :-) Prayers for you and your family during this stressful time.

Monique
July 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Prayers being said.

bhaggerty
July 5th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Praying for you!!

alliek
July 5th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Marilyn, healing prayers being said, healing thoughts sending your way. God Bless. Expect a miracle!

GinnyKNC
July 5th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Hugs and Prayers Marilyn!

phoots
July 6th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Glad to hear whatever it is hasn't spread! And I'm glad it's shrunk! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Pam in Vegas

BellasQuilts
July 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Marilyn, praying for you every day. My mom beat cancer and you can too. Never give in to it. Sending you a big hug.

Miss Sheri
July 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Marilyn, Here's a ((Hug)) and lots of Love! I gladly continue in my faith and prayers in your behalf. In my faith, we fast the first Sunday of the month for those with heavy burdens and tough medical needs. I will be fasting for YOU tomorrow. May you feel your Heavenly Father's great love for you and be at peace. ~Sheri

mommadeb
July 6th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Prayers and hugs to you.

sewbizzy
July 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM
You bet...Sending prayers your way...

buckeyequilter
July 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
My prayers are with you.

ilive2craft2
July 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Marilyn, I continue to have you and your family in my prayers. Good news that it has already shrunk and has not spread.

SallyO'Sews
July 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Praying for you, Marilyn. May the good Lord give you many more years of quilting for your little friends.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

janluna
July 7th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Marilyn, I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this. We will pray for your healing, and for you and your family to get through this. God Bless you dear one. Love and Hugs, Jan L.