PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday and The 4th of July !

Blondie
July 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM

HAPPY 4TH AMERICA

Monique
July 4th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Good morning Blondie. Happy 4th of all my friends on the other side of the border. Have a safe and happy holiday.

Yesterday there was a funeral at the church where I work at. The post office is attached to the church. So needless to say I bolted before the service. I did get a chance to talk to the priest and ask if I could use one of the rooms. It has a long table and I need it to finish the quilt I am working on. He gave me permission and I will probably do that next week. I need to pack up a whole lot of supplies first. Only two more squares to work on.

Starting today I was asked to feed the neighbour's cat. At least Conrad is an outdoor cat.

On the weekend when Jodi and I were shopping, I bought them a hose, kiddy pool and some kind of splash pad. Well Maizyn and Sadie just LOVE it. They spent a lot of time splashing about.

Well another work week just about over. Another two more to go.

Have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe.

Bubby
July 4th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th of July!! My DD arrived with Dottie and Olive...both are too cute and they're so funny together. We will cook on the grill today and spend the day at home until dark and we will go watch a local fireworks display. It should be a great day!

DD and I had a nice girls day yesterday. DH took the day off work and watched the doggies so DD and I could spend the day away from the house. We had a wonderful lunch at the local tea room and then went shopping...fun day!

Huggs, Barb

shermur
July 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Happy birthday, America!
I feel so blessed me and my family are citizens of this country; grateful to my Navy daughter for serving our country. I miss her and have high hopes I'll get to speak with her today! My youngest is biting at the bit to shoot off her fireworks today. The comp softball team that my DH assistance coaches have had a fireworks tent to raise funds for next season; youngest daughter and I helped with a shift last night. DH and the head coach put an all nighter last night to secure the tent. He'll be tired today! My DD decided to spend her allowance at the fireworks tent last night of $10.00; the head coach looked in the bag and stated"Is this all she's getting?" I affirmed she was spending $10.00; he in turn stated "I'm going shopping; I'm runnin' the cash register on this one". She was very surprised to look into her bag of fireworks goodies and see that there was more. I explained why. Our softball family is so very bonded.
I have a baby quilt to get sandwiched and binded today for a shower on Saturday. And attend a dog adoption event and go to a 4th get together all in the same day! Being off 4 days will result in busy, busy!
Everyone be safe this 4th of July and I'll say it...God Bless America and may we always uphold the statutes that make it great!

Nidan_07
July 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hi All,
Happy 4th of July to all my American quilting buddies. It is only about one and a half hours until the 5th down here. Just returned home from a workshop on the Glacier Star quilt (Judy Neimeyer). Have not done a foundation piecing project for a long time, and I don't rememer it being this confusing... Head is spinning. Am going to have to sit down with no distractions whatsoever over the weekend and go through the pattern very slowly. Will be armed with coffee for this. Off to the office as usual tomorrow, and my 8yr old is having her second sewing lesson. They are making a drawstring bag. She gets to come into the office and draw on the whiteboard for a while before her lesson, then I drop her off and go back to work for a few hours before I have to pick her up again and take her off to a birthday party......aahhh the social life of an 8 yr old. I have a 13 yr old son also, who would love to spend most of his winter holidays time on game consoles (I'm sure he's not the only teenager like that). Both my kids are back to school next week.....that 2 weeks went quick.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Happy 4th! Have a fun and safe time!

MayinJerset
July 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Happy 4th of July Everyone. The past few days have had a few surprises, First I received an email from a long lost 2nd cousin and yesterday my brother Jim called to thank me for the card I sent him for his Bday. He hardly ever makes calls as he doesn't like to wear his hearing aids. He is 74 years old today, said he gave up setting off fireworks to celebrate a few years ago. 3rd surprise is that someone gave me the telephone number of a long lost high school friend. Gal wasn't sure the phone number was my old friends but I told her although Brooklyn has about 4 million people living there how many women named Liberta could be married to a Bill Morrissey. Will give her a call later today and hope we can reconnect.

This morning I am going to work on some gifties for my Secret Pal and putter around my sewing room checking out some UFO's and getting a few of them ready to finish. I don't have a big stash but I do have lots of fabric that doesn't go with anything so it is time to weed some of them out, probably use them for UFO backings. It feels good not to have any thing that needs to be done ASAP, might only last for today but I'll be happy with that.

Enjoy your 4th gals, May

aliaslaceygreen
July 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning! Happy 4th! Have to head to the store to get carrots so I can make carrot cake for tonight..then I think I will try to quilt until it's time to go to the BBQ.... but first, I might head back to bed for a nap...not feeling at all like I am ready for the day yet...

Take care and be safe!

kelliedi
July 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
to those in the US...HAPPY 237TH...PARTY LIKE IT'S A BIRTHDAY CAUSE IT IS....and to those who have served or are serving i say a big THANK YOU. It is because of you that we are the country we are today please don't forget the reason for the holiday.

cyndiofthevortex
July 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone! What a great day to celebrate! Thanks to my daughter who served in the military faithfully for 7 years and is now home raising my three adorable DGDs. May God bless America.

I woke with a migraine this morning but am so happy to report I took my meds soon enough to head it off at the pass. I feel much better and will be able to function just fine today, I hope. I have blocks on the kitchen table all ready to sew into a top along with coupons for a fabric sale at Ben Franklin tomorrow to buy borders and backing. I'll finish the top this morning then DH and I will head to the beach to ward off the beginning of our next heat wave - 90 degrees or higher expected for at least the next five days. Hello, my friend summer! I'm so glad you're here to stay for a while!

Hope you all have a safe, happy and blessed 4th of July.

grannyann
July 4th, 2013, 10:22 AM

Have a wonderful Fourth of July

Madeforyouinma11
July 4th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Be safe everyone!

lilmouse
July 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone and a big thank you to all who have served, are serving and/or who have family members serving this great country that we live in......hope everyone has a happy and SAFE 4th of July!

Over40momma
July 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
To my sisters and brothers south of the border...Happy Independence Day!!!! May this day find you surrounded by those you love, uplifted by the cherished memories of those whom have gone on and guarded by the hope that tomorrow's possibilities bring.

MRoy
July 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Happy 4th of July everyone! It's 100% rain here today...yucky weather for son to be driving in from Northern KY. I hope he gets here before the predicted thunderstorms later today. The grill is on the porch so some grilling can be done later .

Precious1
July 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Happy 4th of July. I want to thank everyone who served in the US Military, especially my two sons who are currently in the US Navy. I sure am gonna miss my fireworks this year. May everyone have a safe and blessed day. God bless America.

Mpyles
July 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Good morning everyone!

In late...again!! Happy 4 th of July!! Thank you to all who serve or have served for my freedom!

Not much going on around here today....off work...Thursday is my normal day off. Kids and DH are both at work....prolly just go outside tonight and peek at the neighborhood fireworks!

Today is my brothers 52nd birthday! Rarely see him anymore, makes me sad.

Everyone have a great 4th!!

bakermom
July 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Happy 4th!
I thought it would be a quite day for us but DD3called and wanted to get together. She has rounded up most of the family for a cokout at her house so......... I increased the amount of cole slaw i was making for us and sent DH out to get ice cream ingredients. gotta get busy!

auntiemern
July 4th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Happy Independence Day to all. Have a great time, but stay safe.

HdWench
July 4th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Happy Independence Day to all of America - We sure are blessed and thank you to all the military for keeping us this way!

Neck still giving me grief, so am happy to just pull fabric stashed in almost every nook and cranny here just to Touch it!!! I can't believe I haven't sewn anything since we left June 15th -- *sob* I need a sewing fix -- off to find a Jenny tut to kick me into gear :-)

Be Happy and Stay Safe - Keep ALL your animals inside as the mental midgits attempt to light every firework known to make terrifying noises for our animals!!!

:-Debbie

Ginny B
July 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hi all. Hope everyone is enjoying this 4th of July. We went to the beach early this morning, stayed until about 1:45 and then headed home. Nice bbq, just the 2 of us and then just a nice relaxing evening. Since tomorrow is a work day, my sister and her boyfriend, and dh and I will be getting together with cousins on Sunday for a bbq.

Got some time up in my sewing room today to get some projects organized for Saturday and the rest of the week. I've got lots to do: another purple kindle cover, pillow shams, 2 crayon/coloring book tote bags and a set of soft blocks.

Have a wonderful evening. Enjoy fireworks if you are going to see them ( I will be watching on tv) and be safe.

Ginny B