PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for DH 50th birthday present

Renate
July 4th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Hi dears,

you are my last saving. My beloved Markus has his 50th birthday in about 6 weeks and I have no idea for a present. He has no wishes (besides some I cannot afford) and if he needs something, he buys it. My last Joker was a very nice watch, but yesterday my FIL called me and told me, that he bought a watch for my DH birthday .... grgrgrgr.

Do you have any good ideas? What did you gave your beloved for a special bithday? Ideas?

Precious1
July 4th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Since I'm new to quilting, I'm making my hubby two throw quilts for his birthday. He likes Superman and I call him ,my Superman, so I found some fabric with Superman on it. The quilts are for when he is watching TV in the basement. It gets really cold up here.

Now, you can make him a special quilt, or you can throw him a surprise 50th birthday party. Maybe have a few of your friends cook one of his favorite dishes and bring to the party as a gift. Sometimes, it's not the things, it's the memories. Or, you can do a romantic picnic for two. Or a guys day, where he can go out with the guys and do the stuff he likes to do. Or, if he likes sports, you can take him to see a game. I'm sorry I can't think of anything else but since I don't know you guys personally its a little harder to make more suggestions. I'm making suggestions based on what I would do.

I'd like to hear what you came up with. God bless

brook
July 4th, 2013, 03:04 AM
What about an ipad, iphone or something along those lines? That may be too expensive, though. I don't know there price. Ohh! I know, give him a trip for 2 to Missouri! : )

Evilynn
July 4th, 2013, 03:10 AM
How about something golf related? Does he have everything for his own gear? Or a weekend trip for both of you to golf somewhere? ;) (I know you just came back from Ireland but STILL... :D)

Was that any help?

bubba
July 4th, 2013, 03:14 AM
For my husbands 50th, he got a surprise party (and he was really surprised!) and I paid for him to go parasailing. He was surprised about that too!

DCM
July 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Does he have a favorite book or artist -- maybe you could find something like a signed or first edition book or special item made by his favorite artist? Or make a donation to cause that is very special to him in his honor.

nana margaret
July 4th, 2013, 08:39 AM
For my sixtieth birthday my two daughters came home for the weekend and took me away on a surprise trip, my husband knew about it and had packed an overnight bag which he handed to me on the way out! They had booked a spa break at a beautiful hotel in Yorkshire which is only 45mins drive away and we all had some wonderful treatments and in the evening a wonderful birthday meal. Two days later was my actual birthday and my husband took me to our favourite restaurant and when we walked in all my friends and family were there to greet me! It was a birthday to remember, spread out over the course of five days. Perhaps you could do something similar, maybe golf related.

slamb13
July 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
The ipad is a great idea because then you can sew him a custom ipad case in his favorite colors! :D

I understand your trouble though, my husband has his 40th coming up and he's hard to buy for too!

Susan

Renate
July 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks dear, very good ideas. Of course he will get his party, all his Family and friends are invited and we will have a Barbecue.

My gift will be a long Weekend trip to Amsterdam.

that`s what I think in the Moment, maybe it can Change :-)

SallyO'Sews
July 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I agree with the others... at our age (over 40), we don't need more things; but spending time celebrating with family and friends never gets old. For my sister's 60th a few years ago, her daughters gave her a surprise party that included a couple of us flying in from other parts of the country. Such fun, and she was totally surprised. Enjoy the party, Renate!

bhaggerty
July 5th, 2013, 12:58 AM
For my DH's 50th I gave him 4 tickets to his favorite team's sporting event (in his case 4 tickets to a home football game from his college). I also included some tailgating gear/items.

HdWench
July 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
You are so sweet to try hard to find him something different! Agree sometimes with age comes the right to just go out and buy what you need instead of waiting for a Birthday or Christmas, so the best things to give is special time and memories. Does he have a special dish he likes you to make, or a restaurant? Maybe fill the Bedroom with colors balloons and rose petals and offer to wash his back :D

(((Renate))) Good luck can't wait to hear how it goes and Happy Birthday to your very special man

Evilynn
July 6th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I bet he'll love the trip to Amsterdam, it's a really great city! Have fun there!