PDA

View Full Version : So thankfu!

SallyO'Sews
July 4th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Hello, Everyone! Happy Independence Day!

Today I am thankful for my country. The United States is far from perfect, but I am thankful to live in a place where I have a roof over my head and food on the table, and where I can worship God freely. I am thankful that I can vote for our leaders, and thankful that if I disagree with someone else, I can express my opinion in the public square and at the polling place. I am thankful that our founders had the wisdom and foresight to make provision for changing laws that need to be changed, and for the checks and balances that are woven into our governmental system. That said, I am only here as a sojourner; my true citizenship is in Heaven, by the mercies of Almighty God.

I am also thankful for a day off from work. To those of you who must work, have a wonderful day, and as Blondie would say, don't forget to smile!

Blessings and hugs,
~ Sally \0/

Precious1
July 4th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Well said!!

Momofmonsters5
July 4th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Happy Independence Day!! We have a full day planned of celebrating. Your right the US is not perfect but it's where we call home and that's worth celebrating!

Musical_Starling
July 4th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Happy Independence Day to all of my "Merrican" friends :D

I've missed a few "thanksdays", but today I'm thankful that I am a homeowner :) Being able to wash clothes at any hour and without needing quarters; being able to decorate to my own tastes, even if it means doing something "bad" like leaving a screw or nail hole in a wall; and being able to make (reasonable) amounts of noise at any hour without worrying about waking others. I've only had this luxury for a little over two years, and while it means having to cut my own grass and shovel my own snow, it is SO worth it! I'm also thankful for a hubby who enjoys cutting said grass and shovelling (blowing) said snow :icon_giggle:

grannyann
July 4th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Happy Fourth of July . Have a great day and a safe day. May God continue to Bless our United States of America One Nation Under God.

nana margaret
July 4th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I wish all my American friends a very happy fourth of July, I hope you all have a wonderful day!:icon_bigsmile:

Monique
July 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I am thankful for family and friends. Without them I would be lost.

pcbatiks
July 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Happy Independence Day to all of my "Merrican" friends :D

I've missed a few "thanksdays", but today I'm thankful that I am a homeowner :) Being able to wash clothes at any hour and without needing quarters; being able to decorate to my own tastes, even if it means doing something "bad" like leaving a screw or nail hole in a wall; and being able to make (reasonable) amounts of noise at any hour without worrying about waking others. I've only had this luxury for a little over two years, and while it means having to cut my own grass and shovel my own snow, it is SO worth it! I'm also thankful for a hubby who enjoys cutting said grass and shovelling (blowing) said snow :icon_giggle:

I remember those days of rounding up quarters to head to the laundramat. You could always tell when it was time to wash....because you start reaching in the back of the closet for the ugly clothes. So on that note, I am so thankful for our home.......we moved in a day after our first anniversary......after months of work on a house that was a "fixer upper". We have been here 28 years...........so thankful for my home and my family. Also thankful for everything that Sally mentioned in her post! Happy 4th of July!

baslp
July 4th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I second the comment-- Well said! My feelings exactly. Happy 4th