PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone watching the Zimmerman Trial?

Hulamoon
July 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
I try not to, but I got caught up in it. I'm not fond of Nancy Grace though. She screams too much.

I sure would hate to be on that jury.

GuitarGramma
July 3rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
I haven't seen any of it -- though I did catch Nancy Grace screaming at someone as I was flipping channels.

The whole situation is so sad, though. One young man dead, another who is either innocent by reason of self defense, or who has committed a horrible, horrible crime. Either way, his life will be forever changed, and not for the better.

Too, too sad.

What's your take on it?

bubba
July 3rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
I think the witnesses for the prosecution are all liars....that man defended himself, he has been made to look like he is a bad person.

starapple54
July 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
I think the witnesses for the prosecution are all liars....that man defended himself, he has been made to look like he is a bad person.
If That Was Your Son Will You Be Saying That

K. McEuen
July 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm not watching it, don't even know what's going on, don't really care. I stopped watching the news over 10 years ago after I worked at the newspaper. Most news stories we can't do anything about and it's all needless worry to me for the most part.

I will say this, everyone has their own opinion on things and if this discussion takes a bad turn it will be shut down.

Cat n bull
July 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
I don't watch tv and especially not the news, but I have been reading about it.

From the 911 recordings and this guy's record, it looks to me like he should have listened to the dispatcher and let the police handle it instead of stalking the kid, forcing a confrontation. Sometimes when you pick a fight with someone that someone turns out to be a better fighter than you. That boy had a RIGHT to defend himself also against some man stalking him at night. He was unarmed. Zimmerman should have LISTENED and backed off and let the police handle it. The police were informed and were on their way.

This is why vigilante justice has been outlawed for what, centuries?

MartinaG
July 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle and sadly the jury probably will not get full disclosure. So the only thing that matters is that one young man is dead and another one's life is ruined, no matter what the verdict. So sad.

Hulamoon
July 3rd, 2013, 09:06 PM
I think when he was asked why are you following me he should of said I'm on the neighborhood watch, are we all good here? If he insisted on following him he could of just said that.

Cat n bull
July 3rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Exactly Lorie! He had NO BUSINESS stalking that boy when the police were on the way and he was told not to! At ANY point he could have identified himself as the neighborhood watch.

It is ridiculous for him to try to say he did nothing wrong. The purpose of the neighborhood watch is to DETER crime, NOT to walk around ARMED and play cops and try to catch bad guys.

He killed a young boy, I do not have sympathy for him. It was HIS reckless decision that cost that boy his LIFE. If he had stayed in his car and LISTENED to what he was told, that boy would be alive.

SallyO'Sews
July 3rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
Just praying for all concerned. So very sad. What's truly disgraceful is that there are so many media folks who are making money on this story.

pcbatiks
July 3rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
I'm not watching it, don't even know what's going on, don't really care. I stopped watching the news over 10 years ago after I worked at the newspaper. Most news stories we can't do anything about and it's all needless worry to me for the most part.

I will say this, everyone has their own opinion on things and if this discussion takes a bad turn it will be shut down.

I agree with you Karen..........I don't watch much of the news either. Can't take the second by second coverage even when the reporters don't have anything new to say. But speaking of Nancy Grace & TV media.........I thought some of you would find this interesting. The trial that Nancy and the other woman reporter are talking about it not funny but.............you can't help but laugh at what CNN did on this video clip........just another reason not to watch 24 hour coverage of the news. I decided to post this because it shows how absurd media and reporters can be sometime.....

The Standlot - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/08/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-8-2013/the-standlot)

Over40momma
July 3rd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Here in Canada, we get a lot of highlights and not as much of the minute-by-minute coverage. One thing I have learned over my years is that the truth rarely gets into a courtroom.

We do not know the background of the months leading up to this particular incident, so maybe this man thought he needed to take action of some kind. Everything I have heard so far leads me to ask more questions rather than getting the answers as a court of law is supposed to.

As I see it, there were some bad choices and decisions made that night and it cost a young man his life and another facing serious charges. And we may never know the 'why' of it all or how to prevent it from happening again. So very sad.

grandma of 6
July 4th, 2013, 01:31 AM
It certainly is a sad situation. There are things the prosecution has brought out and things the defense has brought out. I see both of the individuals made some bad decisions in the situation. I think Zimmerman made a huge mistake getting out of the car instead of waiting there until the police responded. I am lucky though that I don't live in an area where there are the crimes and burglary that apparently took place in the area. I think Martin was a young man who had an attitude that possibly caused a physical confrontation. That certainly DID NOT deserve a shooting, but if it got out of hand and Zimmerman feared for his life, then his choice was to pull a gun.
I'm not condemning or defending either individual...just pointing out that there were mistakes all the way around. That being said, if it was my young son, I would also want answers.
Prayers to both families to be able to feel some sense of peace regardless of the outcome.

bubba
July 4th, 2013, 03:18 AM
He should have listened to the commofficer, you are right. I can't say if I would feel the same way if it were my son. Neither one of them were right, it's a case of he said/she said. I watched the girl testify and I truly feel she was very untruthful. Anytime you take the law into your own hands, you can and will be held accountable. You do have the right to protect yourself and your property, but what you do can be held against you.

bubba
July 4th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I can't say what I would say if it was my child who got killed. Hopefully I have raised my children (and they are now adults in their 30's) to know the difference between right and wrong. It appears to clearly be a case of he said/she said and nothing good will come of it. When we talk to someone on the phone who wants to take matters into their own hands, they are ALWAYS told, you can do what you need to to protect yourself and your property, but you can also be held responsible for whatever action you take.

auntiemern
July 4th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the media showed more 'good news' stories. Just don't know why they have to show all the negative, bad, tragic and horrible news. Show more about people paying it forward or just being good upstanding citizens by trying to make a small difference in someone else's life. The world is obsessed with all of this drama. Personally I just don't care as long as it doesn't affect me or my family. And the media would stop showing all of this BS if people would turn it off and just not watch it.

Monique
July 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the media showed more 'good news' stories. Just don't know why they have to show all the negative, bad, tragic and horrible news. Show more about people paying it forward or just being good upstanding citizens by trying to make a small difference in someone else's life. The world is obsessed with all of this drama. Personally I just don't care as long as it doesn't affect me or my family. And the media would stop showing all of this BS if people would turn it off and just not watch it.

Because bad news draws more fans.

Iris Girl
July 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I have to agree 100%. Instead of focusing always on the negative , why not settle on the positive.

Suzette
July 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
The real bottom line here, whether self defense or vigilante justice, Zimmerman was told to do nothing and let the police handle it. He didn't do that (which screams to me that he was itching for a fight) and it turned out very, very badly. At the very least, he should be made to suffer the consequences of taking this matter into his own hands when he was told to back off by the real authority figures.

The whole thing is horrible and sad, no matter which side of this matter you're on.