PDA

View Full Version : Post Office woes

SallyO'Sews
July 3rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Two years ago, DS#3 and his wife and their then 1-yr-old moved in with us so they could save up their shekels and buy a home of their own, which they did last year. DIL went to the local post office to fill out a change of address form (they were moving to the next town over from us), and the post office began to re-route ALL of the mail that had been addressed to our house to them. Easy mistake to make, I suppose, because we all have the same last name, and there are a lot of us. So DIL goes to the post office in the new town and tries to explain that only the mail for DS, DIL, and DGS should be coming to them; the rest of it needs to go to us. So then all of their mail came to us...

Well, this has been going on for a year, now. We get some of their mail and they get some of ours. No big deal once we convinced the electric and credit card companies we hadn't moved, since we see DS and DIL a few times a week anyway, and it's just a matter of remembering to bring the stack of stuff to church and doing a swap.

Anyhoo, we took them out to dinner the other night for DIL's birthday, and she said she has a stack of stuff for me. Didn't appear to be anything important; a bunch of college advertising for DD#10, and some coupons for JoAnn's. So simultaneously, DH and I react:
Me: Oh, please don't throw those out!
DH: Oh, please throw those out!

So now both DS and DIL are laughing at us. And because she is a really good girl, she is saving the coupons for me. :icon_heh:

toggpine
July 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Too funny!

Except the part about you fighting with the P.O. on getting your own mail. That's a PITA.

pcbatiks
July 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Now that is a good DIL..............saving the coupons for you! Hope you get the mail situation straightened out.

Precious1
July 4th, 2013, 03:14 AM
That was a good chuckle. Lol

dwil23
July 4th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Have you tried to talk to the mail carrier that is on your route? He/she is the one who forwards the mail. You may still have an issue is there is a sub on the route, but your regular carrier should get it right.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 4th, 2013, 07:27 AM
This happened to me when my son moved away after he graduated from college. Some evil computer program changed all of our mail to go to Iowa. Then, some companies who saved addresses insisted that I lived in Iowa. I was surprised how far and wide this change was spread. You just aren't fighting the local P.O.

Monique
July 4th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Save those coupons no matter what.