PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday? It can't be, the week just started yesterday

Monique
July 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
That's what happens when you have a day off I guess. I came home at lunch time yesterday to see the kidos off. Maizyn wanted me to come with her. I have an absolutely wonderful weekend with them all. I just can't get enough of time with all my family around me. They are the best times.

Another work day, what else. Another quilt day too, what else. I will soon be done. WOOHOO. I still need to get some pictures done.

I was waiting for Blondie this morning but I need to get ready for work. She may have slept in this morning. Have a wonderful day friends and SMILE SMILE SMILE.

Mpyles
July 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Wednesday it is! I work up in Lebanon again today...seems I will spend more of my time there for a while...:(.

Yesterday...I did as planned...a whole lot of nothing...washed the bed clothes, worked on dd quilt, and went for a swim with DH. We also rented...Bruce Willis " a good day to die hard" very cheesy slow moving movie...1 star!

Well that's all I know! Everyone have a great day!!!

shermur
July 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Wednesday...YAY! Last day at work and then 4 days off! With lots of busy in there! Everyone have a safe 4th of July and enjoy your families!

Blondie
July 3rd, 2013, 08:49 AM

Hello Folksies! Hello Monique!

Yes, I did sleep in. As in I am still trying to hold the coffee cup in my hands to get a good sip, my sleep was that deep. I stayed up rather late last night, which is rather unusual for me. I had been down at Mom's in between the rain. Hubs just told me today is another rainy day and I want that singer! I may have to find some big old shower curtain and old blankets to wrap it up in. And then get my BIL to help carry in back in the house here once it is home. My arms and shoulders will not be able to help there. Okay, enough about that stuff. When I get it, I will post pics. For now, I am zipping my lip.

So, last night I was ripping out some FMQ on a table runner. It just was too wonky, even for me. So, while ripping it out I thought about just plan old stitching, and be happy with that. It will take longer but I do think I will be happier with it.

Where's my coffee cup you ask? I put it down somewhere. Oh, there it is. Gracie likes it too. She just learned that I do not share my coffee well.

Hugs, blessings, prayers and smiles.

Blondie

MayinJerset
July 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Everyone seems to be sleeping in late this morning. Me too, got up tired and like Blondie having trouble getting my coffee mug up to my lips. Had a nice small book/quilt meeting last night, had no trouble finding hostess's house but did get a bit lost on the way home as I made a wrong turn somewhere. It was so dark I couldn't read the street signs and took a little trip around the town before finding the major highway. Nothing like getting lost in an unfamiliar area in the dark and with heavy rain falling.

Bright and sunny this morning and hope that sunshine and my coffee wake me up. Received a nice message via Facebook from the DD of one of my cousins on my father's side. My father and his brother Andy (her grandfather) didn't get along so my brothers and sisters didn't have much contact our cousins when we were growing up. Sometime after our parents passed we somehow connected again with our cousins but unfortunately they all passed away pretty quickly after and we lost contact with their children. We have no idea what the problem was that kept us all apart but now that some contact has been established with our 2nd cousins we can celebrate that we are connected.

laf512
July 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Good morning! We are about to head out the door here in a bit. My 8yo dd has basketball this morning at church. After we drop her off, the boys and I are headed to the farm store to pick out a new toy tractor for my 2yo ds. We started potty training on Friday, and he is already totally out of diapers even at night! So the tractor is his little reward. I'm so glad he was quick and painless to train...I was sooo nervous after the ordeal of training my older son. Haha! Anyway, it's a big moment for our house because this is the first time in over 8 years that someone hasn't been in diapers. Woohoo! More money for fabric ;)

We also need to hit the grocery store as the pickins are pretty slim around here. A friend posted a recipe for unstuffed cabbage rolls that I think I am going to make for dinner. It sounds so yummy to me!

Hope everyone has a great day!

aliaslaceygreen
July 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Everyone seems to be sleeping in late this morning. Me too, got up tired and like Blondie having trouble getting my coffee mug up to my lips. Had a nice small book/quilt meeting last night, had no trouble finding hostess's house but did get a bit lost on the way home as I made a wrong turn somewhere. It was so dark I couldn't read the street signs and took a little trip around the town before finding the major highway. Nothing like getting lost in an unfamiliar area in the dark and with heavy rain falling.

Bright and sunny this morning and hope that sunshine and my coffee wake me up. Received a nice message via Facebook from the DD of one of my cousins on my father's side. My father and his brother Andy (her grandfather) didn't get along so my brothers and sisters didn't have much contact our cousins when we were growing up. Sometime after our parents passed we somehow connected again with our cousins but unfortunately they all passed away pretty quickly after and we lost contact with their children. We have no idea what the problem was that kept us all apart but now that some contact has been established with our 2nd cousins we can celebrate that we are connected.

It's good to know that even NJrs get lost in NJ!! I have traveled to many places accidentally in NJ over the course of my life!!!

Off today, not up particularly early... heading to a new quilt shop in Mechanicsville today and then outlet shopping in Williamsburg...

Hope there will not be the daily 3pm rainfall

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Got visitors (?) in the house today as we have a heat pump and coils replaced. Talk about a shot in the foot - lotta moola headed out the door this morning. DRATS - and here our 'local' Hancocks is having a liquidation sale. Guess I should be happy that there isn't anything I need. Considering I haven't been in my sewing room for the past five or six days I guess that's a sign that nothing is needed . . . but I do have projects.

Nice cool and bright day so far. I'll see where that leads me. I haven't had much gumption recently so yesterday I made up my mind that I would spend about 15 minutes a day working in the flower beds. That's about all the time I can stand bending over and pulling . . . see how out of shape I am? Anyway, after finding garden tools and other items just laying about - things that I cherish and would always put up - I lost it. Of course, the guilty party was there to bare witness to my wrath . . . wonder how much good that will do. NADA.

Thought perhaps our new granddaughter was ready to make an appearance last evening. DD called about bedtime to alert us that she was having major contractions and was in the process of 'packing' her bag for a trip to the hospital. Al has been elected to drive her to her DHs work (he works nights about halfway between us and the hospital) so the daddy could take her the rest of the way. After relaxing for a while she was able to get the contractions to ease and I am hoping she spent a restful night. Funny, yesterday afternoon we were sitting and talking and I noticed that mound in front of her moving around. You know what it looks like if you put a blanket over a playful kitten? Imagine that going on under the belly. What an active baby. She will probably be a passive child when she finally decides to come forth.

And so, my day will be whatever I make of it. Hopefully it will be calm and I can be myself (that's scary). I'll leave you with prayers that are definitely needed for many of our wonderful forum friends. They know who they are. For the rest of you - happy stitching, and keep that upside-down umbrella on your face.

http://www.nextdayart.com/files/images/642%20The%20Little%20People,%20Let%20a%20Smile%20b e%20your%20Umbrella.preview.jpg (http://www.nextdayart.com/artists/mary_anne_lipousky_butikas/the_little_people_let_your_smile_be_your_umbrella)

nyscpa2be
July 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Morning All - I've got the day alone, so I can finish this terms homework. It is all due by midnight eastern, and I have quite a bit to go. So no quilting today - but I have all weekend to quilt until the next term starts on Monday. MBA homework sucks - it is too hard! LOL - the degree is worth it though.

Over40momma
July 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sandy, you always amaze me with the cute little piccies you put in your posts. (psst, you look fine to me :icon_bigsmile:)

Rainy here today too. Was planning on the girls and I taking a stroll over to the local library. Now they do not seem too inclined. :icon_rolleyes: As a kid, I do not remember the rain being that big an issue when it came to playing or going somewhere. Times have changed. I just know they will spend the day between the computer and the tv.

Have some pieced table toppers I am working on, so maybe I will just spend the day in the basement, maybe multi-task that with doing laundry at the same time. DH gave me a good idea for a piece I put together with 2 jelly rolls and couldn't decide what to do with them. Will take some measurements, see if it works out and then add them in the To-Do pile. That pile is starting to get extremely tall now that it has 8 placemats waiting to be quilted. I still need to go through my stash and find some backing fabric; I know I have it, now it's just laying my hands on it. :lol: If I remember correctly, I also have a bunch of "bits" that I was keeping that I should probably cut into either charms or layer cakes (or both as there are a lot of odd sizes).

Wow, I guess I do have enough to keep myself out of trouble today. :icon_whistle:
Have a fantastic day everyone!

Lindagie
July 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
It ended up raining all day yesterday, but DH and I did some birthday shopping for DGS and picked up a few other things between raindrops. It is a beautiful, cool morning again, so I took advantage of it, drinking my coffee while puppy and I were out walking around earlier. Refilled the "Honeybird" feeder and now I need to finish straightening up the house before the kids and grandkids descend on us this evening. Later we are taking a trip to the meat market and see what looks good for tomorrow.

Amy: I remember doing my homework for my MSN late at night after the DH and 3 Kiddos were asleep, as it was so quiet and peaceful. Sometimes I was up half the night, but I knew I wouldn't get up early in the a.m. to do it and I could think better then. A few times I finished a paper right before the deadline! Great memories and laughs about it now, but sometimes it got stressful trying to balance all the balls at once! It WILL be worth it though, so hang in there!

Hope all of you have a great July 4th, whatever you are doing! Now I better get off this computer and start working!

toggpine
July 3rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Good morning!

I've got stuff to do today, but I'll check in later.

Make it a good one!
Hugs, Cathy

quiltingtrish
July 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Wednesday already and how can it be almost 3:30 PM? Geesh!
Took the dog in to get her toenails clipped, wrote the bills, and now have to hit the food store. My oldest is 25 today so will see if he wants anything special for dinner tonight. Him and 2nd son are going to Rhode Island tonight for a long weekend camping/climbing trip. They do it every year. I don't worry too much but do not like to hear the word 'crashmats'. It's the mat they put at the bottom of a cliff to break their fall if they fall. I don't want to know.
Working on finishing up the binding on my 2nd Heart Girls quilts - oh, must pick up some color catchers at the store too. Too many reds and pinks in there to take a chance.
Hope you have a great day - prayers coming for those that need them.

Hugs,

Nidan_07
July 3rd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Aaaahhh Lori,
I hear you about the diapers (or nappies as we call them down here). I was so relieved to get my youngest out of them (been a while now though. She's 8). Although those early years are so precious, and gave us so many great moments.....I have to be honest and say that I was really looking forward to no more nappies, strollers, and car seats. Only problem is.....they become teenagers before we know it. Sounds like you've got it all under control, and your little man deserves a reward for all his hard work (very quick trainee). I'm sure that extra money for Fabric will be utilised well.

Nidan_07
July 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Hello All,
As it is now 11:19 am on the fourth over here...... Happy 4th of July to all my Americal quilting buddies. Hope you all enjoy your day and accomplish all that you set out to do. Another fine and sunny Day here in the sunshine state, but will be here at the office working for another few hours yet.
Take Care, and keep smiling.