PDA

View Full Version : I Was Bit - Part II

phoots
July 3rd, 2013, 12:13 AM
OMG! MY HAND FELL OFF!!! Just kidding! I'm perfectly fine! Yesterday the swelling was only just around the bite itself. Today, no swelling at all!

I was bit by a dog once while on vacation. We had stopped at a rest stop in the mountains when I saw a dog. I went over to pet it and BAM I got bit. I lady who owned the dog apologized. She was homeless and was hitchhiking north (we were going south). I washed the wound, which wasn't bad, and got back on the road. Two hours later we got to a town where we could buy some first aid supplies. I again washed the wound and put on an ointment and Band-Aids. I promised my husband that if I started feeling bad I would let him take me to the hospital. Nothing happened except I have a slight scar where I was bit.

My BF asked me Saturday, right after it happened if I wanted him to cut my hand off. I said yes. We joke like that!

I'm not gonna get sick or die or anything from this little bite. Thank you for your worries!

Pam in Vegas

BTW - I did not tell the shelter because I didn't want to cat to get in trouble. I was afraid he/she would be grounded and not get to reindeer games for a week if I told them! hehe

ilive2craft2
July 3rd, 2013, 12:17 AM
So glad that you did not have any complications from the bite. All of the stories on the other thread had me thinking the worst. Glad you are doing good!

auntiemern
July 3rd, 2013, 01:21 AM
Glad everything is ok.

Monique
July 3rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Pam I am glad he did not cut your hand off. It would make it terribly difficult to quilt or crochet for that matter. xo

dwil23
July 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
OMG! MY HAND FELL OFF!!! Just kidding! I'm perfectly fine! Yesterday the swelling was only just around the bite itself. Today, no swelling at all!

I was bit by a dog once while on vacation. We had stopped at a rest stop in the mountains when I saw a dog. I went over to pet it and BAM I got bit. I lady who owned the dog apologized. She was homeless and was hitchhiking north (we were going south). I washed the wound, which wasn't bad, and got back on the road. Two hours later we got to a town where we could buy some first aid supplies. I again washed the wound and put on an ointment and Band-Aids. I promised my husband that if I started feeling bad I would let him take me to the hospital. Nothing happened except I have a slight scar where I was bit.

My BF asked me Saturday, right after it happened if I wanted him to cut my hand off. I said yes. We joke like that!

I'm not gonna get sick or die or anything from this little bite. Thank you for your worries!

Pam in Vegas

BTW - I did not tell the shelter because I didn't want to cat to get in trouble. I was afraid he/she would be grounded and not get to reindeer games for a week if I told them! hehe

Don't know how your shelter works, but if you had reported a bite at our local shelter, it wouldn't just be reindeer games kitty wouldn't be playing any longer. Needless to say, I am glad you didn't report it or it could have been lights out for kitty. Just keep it clean and I'm sure it will heal.

tesspug
July 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
I know the thought of poor kitty getting into "trouble" is hard, however it is very important the the shelter know kitty bit someone. He may have bit because he was in pain and needed help.

asta
July 3rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
I know there are a lot of kitty lovers here but .....the shelter should be informed, they would not want to adopt a kitten out until they found out if this is a habit or a one time thing. Would not want a biter to go to a house with small children.

rebeccas-sewing
July 4th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Hopefully, you'll think twice before approaching another animal that you don't know. I would always be a little nervous when strangers would want to pet my dog. Animals can be so unpredictable and very protective of their owners. Not long ago a friend was over at her boss's house to join he and his wife on an outing. One of his dogs attacked her and put her in the hospital. Her face was a mess since the dog was on her in a flash. By the time the owner got the dog off of her she had a number of deep lacerations on her face. Thank god he didn't get to her throat! Talk about traumatic. Just seeing what that dog did to her was very upsetting. Don't get me wrong, I love animals. It's just wise to be very careful around ones you don't know.