PDA

View Full Version : Good night everyone

Ginny B
July 2nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
I usually miss the good morning posts so I thought I would do a good night post. I did Smile a bit today Blondie, until I got stuck in a traffic jam doing my run to the bank with the deposit for the day. A trip that should take me about 25-30 minutes round trip wound up being a 1 hour and fifteen minute trip. I did call the office and tell them that I was at a complete standstill and wasn't sure what was going on or when I'd get back. Didn't want them to worry that something had happened. And the kicker of it is, I kept checking different radio stations to see what the issue was so I could see if I needed to change my usual route but there was absolutely nothing being reported --- and yet there we all were, going nowhere.

But then I got to come home shortly after I actually made it back to the office. And dh was waiting for me with a kiss and a hug, with the oven preheated, the garlic chopped and the veggies ready to go. Definitely put a smile back on my face. Then we got to take a nice walk together after dinner and sit outside on the front porch afterwards until it started raining. Had a pretty good t-storm then with a good amount of rain so I guess we don't have to water tomorrow morning. And tomorrow is an early close day (the day before a holiday, or the Friday before a long weekend and every Friday during the summer we close at 4:00) so I am smiling already.

So, here's hoping everyone has a nice Wednesday morning. See you all tomorrow evening.

Ginny B

Precious1
July 3rd, 2013, 01:33 AM
Ginny, I'm so happy you got your smile back. I strongly believe when things like that happen it's for a reason. We may never know what the reason is, but you were at the right place at the right time. Next time something like that happens, just relax, listen to some music, look at the beautiful sky, enjoy some alone time.

On another note, school has been out for less than a week and I want it to start again, LOL. Seriously, my dear children, 8&11 are constantly at each other. The sad or funny thing is, when I threaten to separate them, they beg me not to, apologize, promise not to do it again and start all over again. For the first time in my life, I'm a stay at home mom. I've always worked. Now that we've moved to Canada, my hubby doesn't want me to work. So it is becoming a little difficult trying to keep them busy. Good thing we're going on vacation next week.

On a completely different note, I got in trouble. My dear hubby gonna take my credit card away:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::i con_rofl::icon_rofl:. This quilting addiction is getting out of hand. Thanks to you guys, I've found another website I can order fabrics from. So now I have 6 packages I'm looking forward to receiving in the mail. Boy, I guess I do have a reason to smile:D:D

Hulamoon
July 3rd, 2013, 02:41 AM
I like a good night thread. It's not a what are you going to do but what you got done:)

With my embroidery machine breaking down on me I switched gears to my other machine with a different design for an applique instead. I spent all morning swearing at it, cleaning it, changing threads and needles. Dummy me threaded the bobbin wrong. Geesh. So I feel better I can drop the other one to the shop. One tiny thing like looping a thread wrong can change your whole day.

But if that's my only problem today it was a good day :)

MayinJerset
July 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
"On a completely different note, I got in trouble. My dear hubby gonna take my credit card away. This quilting addiction is getting out of hand. Thanks to you guys, I've found another website I can order fabrics from. So now I have 6 packages I'm looking forward to receiving in the mail. Boy, I guess I do have a reason to smile"

If this keeps up DH might make you go back to work to keep up with your addiction, LOL! Seriously, is there a QA (Quilt Addicts) group that has online meetings that we can attend?

Over40momma
July 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Ginny, that would have brought my smile back too! So glad you had a happy ending to your day.....those are very precious.

Precious, just remind him that as much as the credit card may wince.....it is CHEAP therapy! :icon_calm:

Lorie, I can sympathize with something simple causing you so much grief. But glad you figured it out before you took a hammer to the machine. :lol:

MayinJerset no way do I want to see a QA link or 12-step programme. :icon_evil: I am happy with step 1...Admit the addiction. After that, who cares??? :icon_woohoo:

Sounds like you all had an interesting day, it is so nice to start/finish a day with a smile. Thanks for the one you gave me.

MartinaG
July 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Your DH sounds like a sweety. Glad you got your smile back.