PDA

View Full Version : Merry Monday!

toggpine
February 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
OK, I thought I'd start cheerful.
We'll have to wait to see what Blondie puts up for a Monday graphic before we can really start the day though.

I have the main part of the Jellystone Park top done. I made it with the honey bun so its about crib size now. I am kicking myself for not buying any fabric yardage to go with the pre-cut fabric. Of course I didn't know what I was going to make with the thing when I bought it, another reason to kick myself. Thankfully I have stopped that habit! I have found a few places that carry some of the line, but they are not cheap and they are all on the east coast. I'll try some shops around here. I may resort to some solids to flesh out the borders. I wanted to make it about the right size for a good couch blankie. That may take some doing.

The weather has turned to rain here. Thankfully, as yesterday morning we had temperatures low enough we were getting snow. If they had stayed low, we would have had about 2 feet of snow easily. I swear I heard Noah working on the Ark out back. Sheesh that stuff is coming down! I'll need to go check to see if we have water in the barn.

I am sorry to hear about everybody's colds & stuffy sinuses. I seem to get at least one good one every year. I think it's house work I'm allergic to. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

The rain seems to have let up. I will try to go to sleep before it starts dumping again and pounding on the bathroom skylight.
You all have a great start to your day! I'll check back in after a few Zzzs!

lhayes1976
February 28th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Really rainy here in Kentucky. There is a two -hour delay for the schools. First time I ever remember a delay because of rain. I actually have a personal day planned. Going to E-town to take a serger class at their local Hancock's. A friend of mine got a new serger for Christmas and she said she was taking the class, I told her I wanted to tag alone. I've had my serger for many years and have never did anything but finishing seams. It's an all day class, so I'm excited. Maybe I'll learn something new.
A little bummed though, their only quilt shop is closed on Monday.

Monique
February 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
We had snow, changed to freezing rain and now it is snowing again. I don't think I will go too far today. I have been working on my whole cloth quilt " Welsh Beauty". Man there is a lot of hand quilting to be done. I will get it finished bit by bit.

Happy quilting
Stay warm and stay safe
Monique