PDA

View Full Version : New schedule

mom4him
July 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
It seems as though the hospital is very short staffed and nights seem to be the worst. The last 3 mights have been pretty rough for Richard. As of tonight I am going to be spending the night for a time. I will go home in the afternoon and stay until evening and then come back. Please pray for strength for me and that I am able to sleep when the opportunity is there. I am hoping to get a different chair/bed in here but doesn't sound very hopeful.

Richard does seem to be doing a bit better today. He has been refusing the one med and that has seemed to help. It really is such a balancing act. The Dr said they would try giving it in the IV so hopefully that will help.

MayinJerset
July 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Lots of balancing going on with Richard, his schedule and You. Sending you hugs and strength to get through this, May

Sandy Navas
July 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
It's never easy on the parents. Prayers continue!! Oh, and the hugs are nice, too.

ilive2craft2
July 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sandy, I hope you get some rest tonight. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

baslp
July 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sandy-- you a such a good mother! I hope the hospital can find a cot or a chair that turns into a bed.

Grandma G
July 2nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Putting the med into his IV is probably the best way to go. Praying for your strength and improvement for Richard.

Miss Sheri
July 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
Sandy, hang in there. I'll share an experience I had when my firstborn was in the hospital his entire short little life [45 days].
One night he and I had a terrible night, we were both exhausted, the life-flight neo-natal nurses had to poke and prod him for 3 hours to find a tiny little vein that they could use, and the on duty night nurse was more pre-occupied than I was comfortable with, My baby's vitals crashed in a big way and she didn't seem to notice what I was seeing. When I insisted that he be checked it was shown that I was correct and he needed immediate attention and assistance. After that, I decided I would not leave his side until the shift changed in the morning. By morning my infant was exhausted and so was I. I took that opportunity to have a visit with the nurse in charge of the Neo-natal ICU. She realized my weary and distraught condition and was so kind and tactful in handling the circumstances. The nurse I was less pleased with was given other patients and two nurses were assigned specifically for my son. For the next three weeks they were so invested in my little guy's life, They cried with us as they removed all the paraphernalia that was attached to him just before he died. He died in my arms on my 3rd wedding anniversary. I share this story only to illustrate that sometimes, you need to speak up about your needs. Kind of like I did that morning after that very hard night. Looking back now, there was probably nothing wrong with the nurse that had been there that night, other than my weary perception of what was needed and how soon it was needed, but the Nurse in charge recognized that for me to feel comfortable in my child's care she needed to make an adjustment for my sake. If you make your needs known, usually someone will try there best to meet your needs and make you as comfortable as possible. Be strong Sandy, I know it's a roller-coaster, and not a good one at that, but You CAN get through this one day, one moment at a time. Your loving Heavenly Father truly does know just what you need in the very moment you need it. But, sometimes you need to ask to make your needs known to the human angels around you too. Hugs and lots of love!
~Sheri

auntiemern
July 2nd, 2013, 11:43 PM
Been there, done that many times with Gabe. I will say an extra prayer for you.

Lilly
July 3rd, 2013, 02:24 AM
I'm up late tonight and thought I'd check in. I am praying right now that you and Richard are both sleeping and peaceful. boy those nights get long, don't they! It seems that just when you get to sleep in those little chair beds, someone has to check something and bam you start all over. Grace is what you need right now. How do people get through these things without the Lord? Well I'm praying for grace and the aforementioned peace and that you can rest in His loving arms right now. Blessings - Eileen

SallyO'Sews
July 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Sandy, thanks for keeping us updated. Praying that whenever you are able to sleep, that it will be restful and comfortable; that you will be ever aware of the grace of God to bring you through; and that you, Richard, and his medical team will be able to work together and see eye to eye. Blessings on you and your precious family, dear one. ~ Sally \0/

mom4him
July 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
You are all so sweet.
Sheri, thank you for sharing your experience. I truly can not imagine that experience. How heart wrenching it must have been and I am sure to share now. It is only through Gods grace that walking through these heart aches is possible.

Lilly, I have wondered many times how someone without the Lord stays sane in these times. It is only through my relationship with my Abba Father that I can handle this life on a good day and then when we go through a hospital stay. WOW!

I have been expressing my concerns. Some listen, some don't but I guess that is life. I am not a natural confronter so it seems very easy for me to get upset in that process. I have to constantly monitor how I express things or I can become rude. That is never my desire but sometimes fatigue coupled with concern coupled with frustration brings it out in my. NOT GOOD! I have also learned that there is a time to simply say,"That is NOT going to happen!"

Ok, on to today. I ended up not spending the night. Yesterday after he refused 2 doses of the one med he was feel really good. He told me they hadn't brought in the other chair/cot and he was feeling well enough that he would be ok for me to be home instead of here. The surgeon came in and was talking of possibly dismissal today. Then the second dose of that med IV hit him and he was back to the yucky stomach, weak, blurry vision, etc. He has refused it this morning and is doing fairly good. Ate some solid food etc. We are basically waiting for the Drs to come around and make some decisions. Hopefully thought, they will keep him off the yuck med and he can be dismissed.

This group is such a blessing. Thank you.

lilmouse
July 3rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Sandy, keeping you and Richard in prayer.....hopefully he won't need the yucky meds and can go home!

Precious1
July 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sandy, I'm so happy to hear that Richard is feeling better without the meds. Yeah, isn't God wonderful. Look at the blessing. He is answering our prayers. I personally think the side effects are worse than the cure. Richard knows his body and has figured out the meds make him sick. See if it really is needed or is there is another type or less dosage that can be given if it is necessary. My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.

Klasien
July 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way Sandy, I am thinking of Richard a lot and I hope he feels better real soon!!!

(((Sandy)))

MartinaG
July 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
I agree with good thoughts on leaving out the yuck meds. Stay strong and stay sane. {{{hugs from CA}}}