PDA

View Full Version : TGIM

Blondie
February 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/00cc.gif

Believe it or not I am saying thank goodness it's monday. I am going to the dr. I think it may be the flu. It sort of comes and goes with the symptoms. And you are right Jan, lots of fluids. If you knew my Luscious Larry - he is like a huge Grizzly over me.
My main concern is for my Mom. Sis has very strict orders to keep checking on her; I am terrified of the thought of her being exposed, considering her surgery is set for next week. By then I will be all hunky dory but for today I am going to the dr, and then back to bed.
Oh Rebecca, I did consider fabric allergies. Especially as I was drooling all over my quilting magazines and books. Hope you are feeling better. Your symptoms sound so much like mine. But I now have a fever. Not good.

I have sprayed lysol on my keyboard and monitor - no bugs for any of you from me.

Later, girls

toggpine
February 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Morning Blondie! I hope you get some relief from the Doctor visit. Let Larry pamper you a bit and get your rest.
I hope you are feeling better very soon!
Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
February 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/00cc.gif

Believe it or not I am saying thank goodness it's monday. I am going to the dr. I think it may be the flu. It sort of comes and goes with the symptoms. And you are right Jan, lots of fluids. If you knew my Luscious Larry - he is like a huge Grizzly over me.
My main concern is for my Mom. Sis has very strict orders to keep checking on her; I am terrified of the thought of her being exposed, considering her surgery is set for next week. By then I will be all hunky dory but for today I am going to the dr, and then back to bed.
Oh Rebecca, I did consider fabric allergies. Especially as I was drooling all over my quilting magazines and books. Hope you are feeling better. Your symptoms sound so much like mine. But I now have a fever. Not good.

I have sprayed lysol on my keyboard and monitor - no bugs for any of you from me.

Later, girls
Fabric allergies!!!! Say it isn't sew!!! I too am going to spray my computer. Who knows. We might reinfect ourselves Hahaha!

debi weaver
February 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM
So sorry that you are feeling so lousy, Blondie. I hope you find some relief, and get some rest. Will be praying for your mom and her wellness. Cuddle up and stay warm!
Debi

rebeccas-sewing
February 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
If the doctor gives you any other advice besides rest, fluids, and time to heal, let us know. I'm not going to seek a doctor since mine isn't as bad as yours. I can imagine what a pain it would be finding a doctor in Norway! I'll only do that if it's an emergency. I imagine the doc will give you something to help you get over it soon. Good luck and a toast to feeling better. I think hot tea would be more appropriate than a stiff drink, however, a hot toddy might soothe the savage beast! Hahaha!

middlesis1966
February 28th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Good Monday morning all! Get well soon my quilty sissy! Let LL wait on you so your can feel better soon. So what the doc says also. If he gives you an antibotic take it until its all gone. Dont stop taking just when you start to fell better soon. Its good to see that your sissy will be checking in on your mom. Take care!

Everyone have a fab Monday, UGH!!!! Work is calling. Im starting to learn my new phone and now I wanna stay home and learn more, lol. But in order to pay for the new phone I have to go to work, lol.

Monique
February 28th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Feel better soon Blondie.

Monique

Shirley
February 28th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hope you get to feeling better Blondie. HOpe your Mom's surgery goes well. Keep us posted!!

Sandy Navas
February 28th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Just a quickie today - if I don't get off this blasted computer and do something . . .

Blondie - hope your doctor recommends a hot toddy and bed rest. This is my prayer for your quick recovery. Momma needs you!!!

I'm going to be cleaning my closet and doing some laundry today. Maybe this afternoon I can get to the point where I can continue on my gingham check quilt top. Don't EVER use checks in a quilt again!!!!

Everyone out there, stay dry, don't blow away, keep warm, get well, be happy!!

debinmalaga
February 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Get well, Blondie and Rebecca!

sally
February 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Good snowy morning. Yeap it went and snowed AGAIN...here I thought spring was on its was. At least it is not as cold. Blondie hope you are feeling better soon. I sprayed myself with lysol so I can give you a hug:lol:
My weekend was quiet...didn't get to my chores like I should have. Opted to work on my quilt. Way more fun! The gray to my silver lining though was that my dear 90 year mother took a bad fall. She was downtown and tripped on a ridge of sidewalk. She was wearing her heavy winter boots and down she went. Face first. She has two black eyes and most of her face is black and blue. Some very nice people took her to the hosp and had her checked out. Then another kind stranger offered to take her home but she insisted that they take her to her car and she drove herself home. Talk about true grit. I felt so helpless as I live 6 hrs and three mountain passes away so there is no way I can go and help her. My brother lives 16 hours away. We have tried to get her to move but leaving her home and her little town would likely be the worst thing to do. So many times you here of seniors giving up after they loose there independance.:(
On a lighter note I am baking an angel food cake for my youngest's 23 birthday! :icon_woohoo:So must go and check the oven.
Take care everyone! Stay safe!

rebeccas-sewing
February 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Get well, Blondie and Rebecca!

Thanks, Deb. Drinking my hot tea and honey at this very moment!

rebeccas-sewing
February 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Good snowy morning. Yeap it went and snowed AGAIN...here I thought spring was on its was. At least it is not as cold. Blondie hope you are feeling better soon. I sprayed myself with lysol so I can give you a hug:lol:
My weekend was quiet...didn't get to my chores like I should have. Opted to work on my quilt. Way more fun! The gray to my silver lining though was that my dear 90 year mother took a bad fall. She was downtown and tripped on a ridge of sidewalk. She was wearing her heavy winter boots and down she went. Face first. She has two black eyes and most of her face is black and blue. Some very nice people took her to the hosp and had her checked out. Then another kind stranger offered to take her home but she insisted that they take her to her car and she drove herself home. Talk about true grit. I felt so helpless as I live 6 hrs and three mountain passes away so there is no way I can go and help her. My brother lives 16 hours away. We have tried to get her to move but leaving her home and her little town would likely be the worst thing to do. So many times you here of seniors giving up after they loose there independance.:(
On a lighter note I am baking an angel food cake for my youngest's 23 birthday! :icon_woohoo:So must go and check the oven.
Take care everyone! Stay safe!
So glad she didn't brake anything!!!!! I know how you feel. My sister takes care of my mom since I'm so far away. I hate that I can't be with them to help out more than I do.

patticakes
February 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hi sweeties!
I am almost afraid to enter the "sick room" today but since there is a strong Lysol scent, I decided to chance it. So sorry to hear of these illnesses, makes my measly sinus headache seem not so bad! Hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon!
Shauna - so sorry to hear about your mother's fall. Glad there were some kind strangers to help her out. Hope she is not feeling too bad today!
Got my denim rag quilt done last night and have a blister on the inside of my thumb from the clipping. If I do another one I will buy the spring loaded scissors for sure. I could not believe the amount of stuff in my washer and lint trap after washing and drying it, but it did turn out cute. I am thinking of embroidering the dog's name on the either the back or the front. I don't have an embroidery machine but I think I can do a simple "M-A-X" with a satin stitch. I will try to post a pic soon.
This week I will be concentrating on my son's birthday quilt. Top is done I just need to get some backing fabric, sandwich and quilt it. His birthday is April 3rd so I have plenty of time if I don't procrastinate. I also need to have a project to do on the couch in the evenings that BF is home and wants me to watch tv with him. I fall asleep if I don't have a project. Going to dig out some embroidery squares that are a UFO from way back and work on those.
Hope everyone who is under the weather feels better soon!
Patti

shell.scraps
February 28th, 2011, 01:37 PM
aww...hope you feel better soon!!

toggpine
February 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
It's snowing again.
They had better NOT cancel school today! I just spent a whole week on mid-winter break with the house full of people! I need some empty house time!
I'll just be thankful that it was 34 degrees while it was dumping rain last night.

Shauna: I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It sounds like there are some good people in the town if they stopped to take her to the medical center to get checked out.
Patti: Your rag quilt sounds fabulous. If you don't want to embroider on it can it still fit under the machine? You could applique down fabric letters to spell Max. It might be less likely to get caught on his claws or collar.

I'll join you all in a toast of a cup of hot tea to our sick quilty sisters. Feel better soon!

I had better get off of here and get something done.
Take care! Cathy

quiltingtrish
February 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
All-tighty - you sickies - we are ordering you all to get better! There - that said ---
(sorry to hear you are sick).

Rainy and dreary here. Even had some thunder last night - in February! Was kind of cool to hear it.

DH still hasn't heard from the school. Still don't know know what he is waiting for. I said - for everyday this goes on, we are losing money. Maybe that will get him moving.

Odie's hernia surgery is Wednesday afternoon. Said he will be in and out so that's good. Dh just said - you want to fly down there don't you? Well, no, not really. He can handle an in and out surgery. I'm sure as soon as he's awake and moving, he will call me. So, I'm being the brave momma right now.

I wrote my list up of the things I need to do this week. (I really live by my lists.) Seems I haven't sewn anything in awhile, so everyday there is an entry to sew something simple. That's it - and maybe I'll get back to it. Just seems that until I finish the stuff on the list, my quilting is last. So, I'm going to put it in the middle of the stuff and see how I do.

Well, best get moving here. Have a few more threads to check out before I get off of here.

Hugs,

janluna
February 28th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Trish I will be praying on Wednesday all day for a quick recovery. And calm nerves for Mom.
Blondie feel better quick and thank you for going to the doc. That's my girl! You're in my prayers too. Feel better.
For the rest of you I'll be praying for you too. You must take care of you for me. Don't make me come down there! lol Love you all, Jan.L

janluna
February 28th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Shauna, I'll pray for your Mom. She sounds like my Grandmother who at 93 fell and I thought for sure broke her arm. It didn't even crack! The doc said he'd never seen such good bones on a 30 year old let alone a 93 year old. It sure was black and blue though!
Scared the dickens out of me. I was thankful I was close by to take care of her, (not that she needed it, I DID) lol. Love you honey. Hang in there. Hugs and love Jan

sewsoft
February 28th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hi Ladies, Feel better Blondie.

Onetiredmomma
February 28th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Blondie, feel better. I'll say a prayer that your mom doesn't get anything.
Shauna, sorry about your momma. I'm glad she didn't do more damage to herself.

I'm startin to feel better, but the half of the family that weren't sick are starting to get runny noses. My DD is still looking pretty wiped out. Poor baby needs her Momma, but I don't have off until Wednesday. Quilting? What's that? I'm soooo missing my sewing time, but we've been so buy all around here. Maybe this weekend. If not then, I scheduled a class to take one night a week for 5 weeks starting toward the middle of March. I have to s chedule quilting in, just like everything else, it seems.
Dream Sweetly everyone!

janluna
March 1st, 2011, 01:53 AM
Sweet Dreams everyone. Our prayers are with you all. I have one thing to say.... HEAL!!!!
Love you my darlins. Have a good night, see you tomorrow. Love, Jan L