PDA

View Full Version : Sweet people in many areas

mom4him
July 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
This world has a whole bunch of really sweet people. I was at the cafeteria this morning getting a bit to eat and the 3rd yr resident Dr that admitted Richard and was then up to see him last night was there. We had visited extensively when she admitted Richard about life in general in the hospital. As I stooped over to get my billfold out of my pack the cashier told me that it was covered. This Dr had paid for my breakfast. It wasn't like she had handed me a thousand dollars, doubt that it came to more than $2, it was the simple act of caring in the simplest little things that was such a blessing. She is going to be one great Dr.! She is a very conscientious doctor with a sensitivity to the heart.

Richard has been put back on NPO to give his digestive track a 'rest'. He can still take his meds by mouth with sip of water or 7 up but nothing else. They are hoping that this will help his digestive track wake up and start to work. He had another miserable night with nausea. Sure hope this gets things going soon.

Yesterday as he was experiencing dry heaves he looked at me and said, "I don't want anymore surgeries." I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

They are going to do the NPO for 48 hrs and if that doesn't do it they will go to the next step. I haven't asked what that is. Almost afraid to.

Before I got this sent things started to get moving. LOL God is so faithful. Before you ask He answers. Well, I have been asking but..... LOL

Lilly
July 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM
I think that what is amazing is that you are so able to see His hand in all of this. I can tell you are very close to Him and He must love you lots. I will for sure be praying today as I get back to work here; praying for both Richard and for you and for all your family supporting you through this walk.

mom4him
July 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
I think that what is amazing is that you are so able to see His hand in all of this. I can tell you are very close to Him and He must love you lots. I will for sure be praying today as I get back to work here; praying for both Richard and for you and for all your family supporting you through this walk.

Lilly, I do so appreciate the prayer support. Without my walk with my Heavenly Father I think I would be in an institution by now for real. I don't laugh when saying that as it really is the truth. So many comment on my strength. The truth is I am such a weak person. The only strength I have comes from the Lord.

God does love me lots but I am nothing special. He loves each and everyone of us equally. He is always there for us to reach out and be embraced by Him the problem is we all, me included try to walk through this life on our own. When I get into one of those cycles I think of the statement, "Well, how is that working for you?" Never works well for long.

I have been so blessed in this life. I have had the privilege of being the wife to the most wonderful man, the mom to 5 of the most awesome kids and to serve the one true God who has embraced me in His loving arms every time I have allowed it. Have there been difficult times? Oh YES! but He has never moved away.

Ps 84:11 says,"For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

So many times we try to do the walk uprightly on our own. We forget that it is only through the Blood of Jesus that we are righteous.

Ok, sermon over for today. LOL
Love you guys!

grannyann
July 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Great post and I agree totally. Amen to all that you said.

SallyO'Sews
July 1st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Lilly, I do so appreciate the prayer support. Without my walk with my Heavenly Father I think I would be in an institution by now for real. I don't laugh when saying that as it really is the truth. So many comment on my strength. The truth is I am such a weak person. The only strength I have comes from the Lord.

God does love me lots but I am nothing special. He loves each and everyone of us equally. He is always there for us to reach out and be embraced by Him the problem is we all, me included try to walk through this life on our own. When I get into one of those cycles I think of the statement, "Well, how is that working for you?" Never works well for long.

I have been so blessed in this life. I have had the privilege of being the wife to the most wonderful man, the mom to 5 of the most awesome kids and to serve the one true God who has embraced me in His loving arms every time I have allowed it. Have there been difficult times? Oh YES! but He has never moved away.

Ps 84:11 says,"For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

So many times we try to do the walk uprightly on our own. We forget that it is only through the Blood of Jesus that we are righteous.

Ok, sermon over for today. LOL
Love you guys!

Amen, and amen, dear sister! You've no idea how you have ministered to my soul today! Someday, when we all get to Heaven, I'll tell you about it! In the meantime, I'm praying for you and yours.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Precious1
July 1st, 2013, 08:09 PM
Sandy, I can say Amen. We always seem to forget that God is Abba Father, daddy God. And like every parent, he wants the best for us. I can relate when you say, we try do do things without Him. Until I reached to a point in my life that it was HIM or death. Now, He is my everything. I trust Him in my joys and my sorrows because He knows what's best even when we don't. I will have you in my prayers. Like the Apostle Paul said, when I am weak, I am strong, for I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me. Be blessed.

Over40momma
July 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
He may not always give us what we want, but He will surely give us what we need. So glad to hear things are moving along for Richard. Will keep you both in my prayers.

Miss Sheri
July 1st, 2013, 08:18 PM
Sandy, your faithful testimony strengthens me too. It is amazing how easy it is to learn to love each other as we learn about our joys and sorrows, our trials and our triumphs here. I have loved laughing and crying with you and each of our friends here. My Prayers and kindest wishes are still being extended daily for you and so many others here who have heavy burdens right now. (((Sandy)))
Love, Sheri

baslp
July 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM
An act of kindness does make one's day. Will cont. to pray for strength for you and your family.