PDA

View Full Version : I made her day!

RFREE
July 1st, 2013, 12:34 AM
Several weeks ago my neighbor 77 yrs old ( the one that hand quilts)(her quilts are absolutely gorgeous by the way) had a skin cancer removed from her ankle complete with skin graph from her thigh to cover her ankle and to this day it is still not healed like it should be so needless to say she has been at home with her foot propped up staring at the walls and of course quilting. I have been calling and stopping by a couple times a week to check on her.I told her last week she could come over and sit at my house for a change of scenery and she very gladly said oh yes that would be nice!!!! So today I ran over and picked her up and brought her to my house. Got her a pillow and propped her bad leg up and we looked a quilting magazines,talked quilting and even watched the movie Media goes to Jail. She had a wonderful afternoon with me and my DD.She stayed about 4 hours and I am picking her up Tuesday afternoon to do it again. I feel good that she had such a good time after being shut in for so long. She has a daughter that lives just behind her but she works all week so this gave her a little break. A very good Sunday afternoon if I do say so myself.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

Over40momma
July 1st, 2013, 12:38 AM
Your afternoon sounded perfect! It's tough getting older and not healing like we did in our 20's and it is so thoughtful of you to give her a change of scenery. Bet she had a good time just getting away from those same 4 walls sharing her passion for quilting with someone.

pcbatiks
July 1st, 2013, 12:39 AM
Sounds like a enjoyable afternoon!

ilive2craft2
July 1st, 2013, 12:40 AM
That sounds like it was a wonderful afternoon for both of you!

Nidan_07
July 1st, 2013, 12:46 AM
Sounds like a nice afternoon was had by all. It is so good that you can do this for your neighbour. Sounds like she really appreciates it, also. Good on you for being so kind.

auntiemern
July 1st, 2013, 01:14 AM
What a wonderful thing to do. You truly are one of the rare treasures on this forum. Gotta love ya GF.

Hulamoon
July 1st, 2013, 01:25 AM
What a special day for her! I had to laugh at the choice of movie. When we use to visit my MIL she liked to watch wrestling. lol

bakermom
July 1st, 2013, 03:32 AM
what a thoughtful thing to do. I'm sure she did enjoy the change