PDA

View Full Version : Sunday thread

Monique
June 30th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good morning friends. Maizyn sits on my knee as I type this. I have all my family, minus one daughter-in-law with me this weekend. I love having my family around me. I am not sure what we will do today, but I wish each and every one of you a fantastic day.

Smile.

Ginny B
June 30th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone. It's another hazy morning here and of course there is a chance of t-storms today (it has actually been the same forecast for the last week and looks like it is going to be the same for this coming week). Trying to decide whether to go to the beach this morning. I am leaning towards yes. I don't believe there will be any storms until this afternoon and we like to go down there early anyway when it isn't so crowded. Think I will wake dh up and say "Let's get going".

I did a bunch of sewing yesterday (potholders and a kindle cover for some of dh's co-workers and some placemats for us). I have got to figure out a different system for remembering which magazines patterns/projects that I want to make are in-- truth be told, I don't have a system so I need to get one. LOL It took me longer to find the pattern for the kindle cover yesterday than it did to actually make it after I found it! I don't know whether to keep a notebook with the info, flag the pages or maybe put some sort of notations on the cover of the magazine. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

Ok, I see the sun peeking out so it's time to get ready to go. Have a great day all.

Ginny B

aliaslaceygreen
June 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Good morning! Have a cat on MY lap! Already has rained some this morning, it promises to be another hot one!
Timmy just finished the trim moulding on the bathroom floor. Toilet is next, and the room should be finished! There will be photos!
Have a great day!

nyscpa2be
June 30th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Morning all,

Last night, Mom and I went through 3 big totes of fabric, sorting into piles, so we could work on the closet organization we are buying today. I think we're headed to JoAnns for some sales today - batting, patterns and some other things are on sale, and I get an additional 20% off with my military ID, so good sales, then lots of grocery shopping - cupboards are bare.

I want to do some sewing today, but after shopping I really have to finish my homework before classes close on Tuesday - so alot of homework to do. Quilting will have to wait.

Have a good day everyone!

ilive2craft2
June 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Good Morning all! We have been working on the closet in the room that is becoming my sewing room. It is getting very close to being empty! It is amazing what a 22 year old will leave behind in a closet. Added some building block kind of toys to the toys in the family room for the nieces and nephews - they will be excited over "new" additions. Then need to move my sewing stuff from the current closet into the new closet. I see a bunch of fabric organization in my future. It may just get moved as is for now. Going to move the stuff that was in the hall bathroom large closet into that closet - it is going away with the kitchen/bath remodel. It will be replaced with a smaller linen closet. This is what moved us to start on the closets. I think a bunch of stuff will be pitched or donated - we are hardly ever in that closet. I have to stop being a keeper. Plan on doing more of that today, but first the 6 month old niece is coming over to play - she sure makes me smile! :) Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Sandy Navas
June 30th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Monique has her Sunday THREAD - Here are my Monday through Saturday THREADS:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlxJ3MgCsaCzhJ0xMyWjoNoE1iOy8-Rf1fSaLa8gnR2vnaZegz (http://www.irisclasson.com/2012/08/14/stupid-question-23-what-is-a-thread-and-what-is-multithreading/)

After reading everyone's greetings today, I have an idea for a couple new topics: Organizing future projects . . . and downsizing!!!!!

How many of us are guilty of not having a good system. Everyone guilty stand up!!

ilive2craft2
June 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
How many of us are guilty of not having a good system. Everyone guilty stand up!!
Can we sit down yet? :)

MayinJerset
June 30th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Nephew Craig and wife are hosting a bit grad party for their nephew Joey this afternoon in Brooklyn and hope the threatened thunderstorms stay away as we most likely be in the back yard. They do have a huge finished basement and may set up food, etc. indoors just to be on the safe side.

No housework or sewing today but I finally began putting borders on the big quilt for my DGD Mary, will add top and bottom ones tomorrow morning and then it is off to the LA. Hope everyone's plans for today work out OK. May

Jean Sewing Machine
June 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hi, i've been downsizing a bit. Our church is holding a clothing drive today, and there are 12 garbage bags full of the " I have a dream" ( you know I have a Dream that someday I'll be able to wear this again!) collection from my closet going to the church today. The fabric and sample quilts are downstairs, and the guest bedroom actually has room for guests! My daughter and SIL will be staying with me for a while till they complete their move to Atlanta during July. So far their house is sold but they don't have a place in Georgia yet, but they are house hunting this weekend.

Hope every one has a good Sunday.

cyndiofthevortex
June 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Good morning! DD Bethany and family are back home from a week in Ohio and boy am I ever glad to have the DGSs back! It has been way too quiet here for my taste. We may go to the beach for a swim or we may set up the sprinkler in the back yard for the boys. I hope I'll have time to do some sewing but it will be a day filled with family so I may not. We had a great time last night with DSs #1, #5 and #6, plus #1's lovely wife. DH made grilled chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, plus a delicious salad, all my favorites. Simple and yummy for me! We were going to go out for ice cream but were so stuffed we just stayed home and talked and laughed. I'm so thankful for my family. More thunder storms on tap for this afternoon. As tiring as this weather pattern is becoming, the gardens are loving their daily dose of refreshing rain. Happy Canada Day weekend to our Canadian friends!

Lindagie
June 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I have been downsizing and reorganizing for years it seems, but someone keeps adding stuff and bringing it back into the house when I am not looking. I think it is a neverending task around here. Right now I am sewing in the room off the kitchen, but I really need a space of my own because I spend too much time moving things or putting things away, esp. when the little ones come over.
The out-of-town kids are all coming this week so after Mass and breakfast I have to get all the rooms ready for them. Part of that is getting the quilts in various stages off the beds upstairs. Good reason to sew on a few borders this afternoon I guess. Can I also sit down now and have a quick cup of coffee?
Have a great day everyone!

quiltingtrish
June 30th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ginny - I see it was 8 something when you posted you should hit the beach early. That made me giggle because I am reminded of going to my grandparents home on Long Island every year. He took us to Jones Beach, but we were up and IN the car by 6 AM. He didn't want to hit the traffic or filled parking lots. And we had to leave the beach no later than 1 or 2 so we would miss the traffic on the way home. Of course there was always a stop on the way back at some fishing pier where the fishing boats would come in with their haul for the day. Stinky but fun to watch - especially all the cute fishermen that were there.

STANDING UP HERE SANDY! HAHA! Quite a few years ago we decided to put a laminate floor down in the living room. That also brought along the painting of the walls (well, actually - it also led to painting the kitchen, dining room, hallway too!). When we took everything out of the living room, I swore that most of it wouldn't come back in to the room and it never did. We made decisions of what to do with the stuff - books, sit-arounds, etc. It is less to vacuum around, less to dust and feels more freeing to have more open space. That all led to purging through all the closets/cupboards/drawers in the rest of the house too. I found things that we had forgotten we had. It is an on- going process as I just finished the kitchen again 2 weeks ago. I hope to be getting to the bathrooms yet this summer and need to purge through my part of the clothes closet. Of which, DH's are flowing over to my side so someday he will come home and find them all laying on the bed for him to go through.
One closet/cupboard/drawer at a time is what gets the job done. I think that sometimes people look at the entire room and walk away knowing it can take forever but it really doesn't if it's done in spurts. Heck, it took me almost an entire day to go through the pens/pencils/markers in a drawer! haha!
Well, off to get some more binding sewn down. One of these 2 quilts is going to Maine in the middle of July.

Hugs,

toggpine
June 30th, 2013, 03:06 PM
It's HOT here! OK, not triple digits, but still hotter than we are used to!

We have the stock trailer pulled out. The flat tire is changed and I'll need to get it in for repair, since that leaves us without a spare. I just heard the pressure washer power up. I'll be headed out to help Eric get it all cleaned up. It's hay season and we'll be hauling this next week.

If we get through that I may be able to come in and sew later today. I have to find my small fan....

I have a three ring binder with the sheet protectors in it for my projects and ideas. I don't have many magazines, but I tear apart the catalogs. I'll cut out the picture and then tape it to the graph paper where I sketched out the block. I make a note of which catalog it came from and when, then slip it in the sheet protector. On the couple of magazines that I do have I'll leave a post-it on the cover with why I kept the mag. "Kindle cover, pg 12 & pillow case pg. 37" then I know what's where.
The rest of my stuff is an ongoing organization battle!

You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Sew Perfect
June 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
It's a very nice day out today. We are being quite lazy though. I think I will work on DD's quilt, as her birthday is approaching next month. I have a sew weekend next week, so I need to figure out what to take with me. I also want to make myself a charm tote. Maybe I will do that. Have a great Sunday afternoon!

Ginny B
June 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Trish, yup, Jones Beach is where we went. It was very overcast but nice. The fog came in heavy though down by the water so the lifeguards had to get everyone out because they couldn't see them. That didn't bother us though since we rarely go in the water. We stayed about 4 hours and then headed home --- no traffic either way. LOL

Ok, Sandi, I stood up but I am tired now so I am going to sit down again and think about organizing and getting rid of stuff. :)

They keep saying we are going to get t-storms but we haven't gotten them the last few days so dh went out and watered all our plants. That will probably guarantee that we will get some storms later.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone.

Ginny B

shannonsaulter
June 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Good Evening Everyone I am sitting at work in the main lobby of the prison and its peaceful right now..visits are over,dinner is done so my area is quiet and I have internet access....So nice to be off my feet for one day out of 6...
I got my beautiful mug rugs in the mail yesterday 3 of them pics up in the group...
today is my Thursday so one more to go then 2 days off..yipee!
Hope everyone is enjoying the end of thier weekend ..(((HUGS)))

Mpyles
June 30th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Monique has her Sunday THREAD - Here are my Monday through Saturday THREADS:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlxJ3MgCsaCzhJ0xMyWjoNoE1iOy8-Rf1fSaLa8gnR2vnaZegz (http://www.irisclasson.com/2012/08/14/stupid-question-23-what-is-a-thread-and-what-is-multithreading/)

After reading everyone's greetings today, I have an idea for a couple new topics: Organizing future projects . . . and downsizing!!!!!

Standing!!