PDA

View Full Version : It's never a good thing

bubba
June 29th, 2013, 08:04 PM
when you husband, in the midst of a remodeling project, starts calling himself very very bad names....:icon_giggle:

auntiemern
June 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
LOL, my DH would do that when we were was fishing a tournament together. And he'd miss a fish or get hung up. I would tell him to stop talking to the man I love that way, or he was going for a swim.

toggpine
June 29th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I didn't realize you knew my husband!

bubba
June 29th, 2013, 08:47 PM
You never know....I might know both of you!

Miss Sheri
June 29th, 2013, 11:07 PM
:icon_heh:Oh my! My DH whom I dearly love is not a handy nor a patient man. Anything in my house that requires 'some assembly' is left to me. If I ever got a bit frustrated in the midst of a project and asked for his opinion or assistance, he would come and swear at it for half an hour and then when 'it' and my blistered ears had had enough, I would find some way to finish the dang thing. He has MANY awesome traits but he sure can blister paint off the wall with that tongue! :icon_heh:

Musical_Starling
June 30th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Oh ladies, I have two men like that, DH and FIL. FIL is our "carpenter". Anything needs fixing, he fixes it. Nobody is even allowed to contemplate fixing it. And when either of them is trying to figure something out and can't, that's when it starts. But they can't use normal swear words like the "f" word. Nope. I once overheard FIL calling something a turnip-eyed f'er. Even vegetables aren't safe anymore...

Sew Perfect
June 30th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Oh yeah, uh, been there - done that. LOL :lol:

Evilynn
June 30th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I have a very patient man who will try to figure out something calmly. If he's hungry or tired then my very patient man will turn into a curse machine who curses about 30 sec jobs. He will curse very colorfully (the finnish language gives many many possibilities to curse, I believe that language was made to be cursed in) for 10 mins or 20, a long time even the job is finished ( by me most likely because I got annoyed by his cursing)

He once said in a joke: "I'm easy to handle. Just make sure I have slept enough and feed me regularly and everything's fine!" but it's the truth. That man is so hard to handle when he's hungry or tired :P

WendyI
June 30th, 2013, 11:28 PM
My DH is pretty good..but if he hurts himself or really screws something up that he's been working hard on, look out! Stuff flies and the air turns very blue! I just quietly walk away because offering to help at a time like that is to take your life into your hands! LOL! Well not really...he just can't LOOK or SPEAK to another person when he's in that frame of mind until he gets whatever it is, figured out. Once he calms down he feels like an ass for being so upset at an inanimate object. It's quite funny to see in fact. LOL!

Over40momma
June 30th, 2013, 11:35 PM
My word, you guys really crack me up. DH tends to only 'vent viciously' for short bursts now as the only reaction he ever gets from me is, smile sweetly and say "Feel better?" For some reason, after 21 years of it, its taken the worst of the wind from his sails. :icon_giggle:

Nidan_07
June 30th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Hi Bubba,
My DH is very patient, and not prone to cursing and throwing things around... my father however, is a totally different kettle of fish!! Many a time growing up I would run for the hills as hammers, screwdrivers and the like were hurled around the place. It was during these times that I learnt some very colourful new words and phrases. I can still hear my mother telling me.... "Listen to him, would ya?? That's were you get your temper from'.... aaahhh genetics!!!!....always blame the genes.

bubba
July 1st, 2013, 01:34 AM
Oh, he did not throw anything, ever!!! I don't know what he did, but I think it involved his knee and a hammer and he just wasn't happy!!

Nidan_07
July 1st, 2013, 04:35 AM
Oh no, I hope he didn't hurt himself. I don't suppose hammers and knees go together very well.