PDA

View Full Version : Not patient

auntiemern
June 29th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I am not a very patient person. When I want something done, I want it done now. So far I have had a PET scan, don't know the results. I have not been scheduled for the biopsy yet. I need to know what it is that I have or don't have. Prayers for the latter being said numerous times throughout the day. I am ready to get off the steroids and nebulizer, cuz the incessant shaking is driving me insane. Add to that not smoking, for 11 days now, which I would so be doing under any other circumstances, because of the stress. I don't feel ill, but I don't really know if I am really ill or not. Unfortunately I am a realist. I am hoping and praying for the best, but also know how bad it could be. I try to stay positive and upbeat, but occasionally the devil creeps in and makes me wonder. Just needed to vent I guess, and ask for continued prayers and positive thoughts.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 29th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Oh, Marilyn, not knowing is so hard! You go between emotions of thinking everything is fine to worrying that it might not be fine. And I'm sure having the shakes would drive me cazy, too! I sure hope you can get some answers quickly, so you know where you stand with all of this. Just keep up your resolve not to fall back on smoking to calm you. You've made it 11 days, just take it one day at a time, or one hour at a time, or 5 minutes at a time if necessary. I'm praying for you. And thanks for posting, I have been wondering how you were doing.

ilive2craft2
June 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Marilyn - wow 11 days already without smoking! With all of the stress it must be even harder. You are doing great! I am not very patient either. DH had a stress test almost 2 weeks ago and just now got the results that he needs to have a cardio cath again. It isn't scheduled until the 12th. Waiting and not knowing is the pits! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Lisa

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I never understood why they make you wait so long on things like this. Then when they do tell you the results and it's bad, they bitch at you like you waited too long to do something.

Worrying about whether or not you are sick can make you just as sick. Hang in there, if the shaking gets too bad go sit in the bathtub and pretend you have a jacuzzi. :icon_heh:

MRoy
June 29th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Hang in there Marilyn. Lots of healing thoughts and prayers are being sent your way! ((((HUGS))))

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM
You know what's headed your way from me.

I love Karen's jacuzzi suggestion!!

http://feelthehugs.com/wp-content/themes/feelthehugs_child/images/logo.png (http://feelthehugs.com/)

HandsOffItsMine
June 29th, 2013, 07:37 PM
(((Marilyn))) Hang in the honey! It's tough waiting, been there, done that, doing it again. Remember, we're holding each others hand! Man, you're shaking! lol I can hardly drink my coffee without wearing half of it on my TaTas!!

Know it's not easy kicking the cigarettes at the same time while waiting for the biopsy date. Mines on the 18th, hopefully you'll get yours done before mine. I'm cool with my date...it's going faster than that first month of waiting just for the next ultrasound.

We're all praying for you and are super proud of you for not picking up that pack of stinky cigs!

Much love, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zan, Ol, and Pen

Iris Girl
June 29th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Marilyn hang in there. Your doing good as everyone says one day or hour at a time. 11 days no smoking is awesome!!! give yourself a pat on the back and you get a big cyber hug from me for doing that.

grannyann
June 29th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Marilyn...... I am so proud of you. Eleven days ,that is so great. And going through what you have been and still not giving in. Be proud of your self. I hope you hear some good news Monday.

Grandma G
June 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Marilyn - congrats on eleven days of not smoking. One day at a time... As for the hurry up and wait schedule - it is so true. I have never understood having a test to determine what is going on and then waiting a week (or more) for results especially when they hint that it could be something very serious. Just went through all that with my sweet DH. He went to the doctor the day after his first symptom presented itself and it was nearly a month to the day before he had surgery to remove a kidney due to aggressive cancer. I don't get how medical care works sometimes.

Hang in there, Marilyn, and know that there are a lot of people who love you and are praying for you daily.

Gerri

Mom23
June 29th, 2013, 10:48 PM
If you can go 11 days without smoking with the stress you are under, you can quit for good!!!!!!!!! I know, that's easy for me to say. I am proud of you and praying that no news is good news.

Miss Sheri
June 29th, 2013, 11:02 PM
(((((Marilyn))))) Hang on sweetheart, you WILL get through this! Go for a walk (yeah, I know, it's too dang hot out there) take a hot bath, watch a fav. show. Make your fav. meal or snack, invite some close family or friends over or just hang out here with us. You Can get through this weekend and whatever comes after that. Lots of love! ~Sheri

phoots
June 29th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Marilyn, 11 days! That is so awesome! I sure hope you find out the PET result very soon and, if they're gonna do it, schedule the biopsy! Much love to you! You are in my prayers.

Pam in Vegas

lilmouse
June 30th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Keeping you in hugs and prayers Marilyn, the medicine in the nebulizer alone used to give me the shakes....can't imagine what you are going through...but better days are ahead and congrats on 11 days...if you have gotten this far keep going...you are doing great!

Musical_Starling
June 30th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Many prayers being sent your way from my little rock over here :) I haven't had any real experience with using steroids for extended periods (other than steroid inhalers, but they're different) but nebulizers are made by the devil I'm pretty sure! I get the shakes so bad, and I can't even control myself. You feel so ridiculous because you're wobbling all over the place and you can't even talk right, you'd swear you were drunk or on some really good drugs, and it's just the darn nebulizer! lol I wish I had thought of Karen's jacuzzi idea when I was taking mine, it would have at least put that shaking to good use :icon_giggle:

I hope you hear something soon, waiting is no fun at all!

Evilynn
June 30th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I am so proud of you for not smoking 11 days! That's awesome, Marilyn! I know how awful it is to wait for the biopsy, I waited ages, too! It drives you nuts. I don't know why they make people wait so long. They wanna know and they have a right to know quickly, in my opinion.

Hang in there, honey... *sending many hugs*

Steffie

New York Sue
June 30th, 2013, 09:51 AM
CONGRATS on your smoke-free 11 days! WOOHOO!
I work in medicene, and I've lived long enough to know ' the squeeky wheel gets the grease'!
If it has been three days since the scan, I would be the first person to park my a$$ at my doctor's office on Monday morning, appointment or not. Pleasantly tell them 'I haven't heard from you, but I need the results of my PET scan, it's been (blank) days'. And go from there.
If this were me, (because I lack patience when it comes to such things) and I was wearing your shoes, I would not rule-out slightly bawdy behavior, if met with obstinance. This is a BIG DEAL for you, chica!

I'm reminded of a story my sister told me. Not nearly the same magnitude as yours, but I hope you get my drift...
Her son and his girlfriend traveled ALL night to Virginia Beach, and arrived at the hotel around 10am, only to be told they couldn't check in until 2pm. They were tired and cranky. My nephew is a passive fellow and just accepted the bad news. His girlfriend, on the other hand, was 3 clicks ahead. She quietly parked herself on the lobby couch, grabbed the TV remote, and cranked-up the volume on the T.V. to an annoying level....
They were in a room in under an hour.
And they are now engaged to be married. She's a pharmacist, he's a bartender...lol!

SQUEEKY wheel get's the grease, my friend!

Always, my BEST!

MayinJerset
June 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Hang in there Marilyn. Lots of healing thoughts and prayers are being sent your way! ((((HUGS))))

Same here from me, without a ciggie it is hard but you'll make it.

aqua-teal71
June 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
marilyn you are an awesome lady. waiting makes us saints of us all. but saints are proactive. Treat yourself to something good.
I really dont know where i am going with this except, 1.i hate to think of the worry you are going through, and our mind always takes us away from peace unless we reign it in. I am worse=senario woman. 2. the women on this site are awesome and make us laugh.
3. You will get better! This place is my steel magnolia type place. the company of women. We are here for you.
Now that i have rambled on and on and on. I guess what i am saying, is i love ya man, but your not getting my beer.

Mimis-quilts
June 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
New York Sue made some very valuable points. I worked in doctor's offices for 22 years before getting my RN...I know that you probably feel like "we-the medical folk" don't care...but believe me when I tell you we/I do. I'm not making excuses for any doctors or their offices...but you have to realize how many people they see in a day. With that being said, I agree 150% with Sue. If it has been 3 days since the scan and you have not heard anything from the doctor...CALL THE OFFICE AND EXPRESS YOU CONCERNS! Tell them you want the doctor to CALL YOU BACK IF HE/SHE CANNOT TALK TO YOU AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT. If they want to make you an appointment to come in to see the doctor, tell them you want the soonest appointment AND you want the doctor to call you back. Be persistent...be that squeaky wheel. As a nurse it is important to me to make sure the patient knows she/he is in total command of your body and you have every right to know what is going on as soon as possible!

Lecture over! Now, Congrats on quitting the smoking (now, don't be a fool and start back up). 11 days have gone by, the nicotine is out of your system...now it is conquering the craving...substitute the action of smoking with something healthier...walking, quilting, net surfing...I'm sorry you are having to face whatever it is that is going on! We are here for you to turn to...you know that for sure!

Remember...SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK.......
Hang in there Marilyn!
Pat

PS...there are steroids in the inhaler/nebulizer too! Take advantage of the extra energy and do something to burn it off...wash windows or something (or not). LOL!

WendyI
June 30th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Oh Marilyn..I'm so sad to read that you are struggling and worried, but WOW!! 11 Days! You go girl!! And also what Sue and Pat said...you BE that squeaky wheel!! You DESERVE to have answers and unfortunately, you may just have to insist on them. When I am stressed (and that's a lot sometimes) I dive into a really good book. You have your grand babes and I'm sure that helps too. Hang in there!! Only a few more hours and you will have some answers. Squeak, Squeak, SQUEAK!! ((((HUGS))))

SallyO'Sews
June 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Praying, Marilyn, for your health and peace in body and spirit.
Blessings, ~Sally \0/

Over40momma
July 1st, 2013, 12:06 AM
Snoopy dancing with you for your 11 days clear....that is so awesome and you best be dancing too, this is no small feat!!!

We don't really know each other, but sometimes you just cannot be nice. Raise the roof and find out what those results are and DO NOT be afraid of kicking some serious butt to get them. Probably not intentional, but for many, it's just a job and they do not consider the person who is waiting for those answers that affect their whole lives. Forget the squeak......ROAR dear lioness. :)

Mpyles
July 1st, 2013, 12:10 AM
11 days!!! Woooohooo! WAY TO GO!! That is awesome Marilyn!! Take it from a smoker...it's inspiring!! Keep it up! I know how difficult it is!! As for the wait..try not to let the crazy in...live each day like its your last no matter what! Whatever it is...you can't "control" it right now...put it in Gods hands right now and concentrate on getting better..you are doing so well with the smoking...rejoice in it!! You deserve it...I am thinking a fabric ruin is in order!! Keep up the good work!! Hugs!!

rebeccas-sewing
July 1st, 2013, 04:49 AM
Hi Marilyn - Waiting is definitely tough. I hope you get answers soon. We're all praying for you. Keep us posted.