PDA

View Full Version : As seen on TV

Hulamoon
June 29th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Sometimes I get sucked into the ads so I thought we could share some thoughts on what you hated and liked.

I'll give a thumbs up on the Shark steam pocket mop. The trick is to get the mop wet first. No biggy.
Dh liked his Total Gym but he'd rather surf.

I'd like to know about the Pocket hose. Does it hold up to being outside?

https://www.pockethosedeal.com/?mid=3418780

Prepare for the video. lol

Jean Sewing Machine
June 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I love my Shark floor mop but hated the pocket mop. Also got sucked into the little rechargable floor sweeper, but it fell apart in a short while. I'm a sucker for "as seen on TV".

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Ha! A friend of mine was talking about pocket hoses and I wasn't sure what she meant. I thought she was talking about the coiled up, little plastic hoses. Well, it seems she bought 2 pockets hoses and the first time she used one, once the water hit the end where it comes out it all flew apart. So much for pocket hoses. She took them back and bought some of the coiled ones I thought she meant in the first place.

bubba
June 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
My husband just bought one of those hoses!!! I have to say, he finally has a hose that is fun to play with, well you, in comparison to the normal, old hoses.

Roxanne
June 29th, 2013, 04:42 PM
The pocket hose is wonderful. Ours is in the garage when not in use so can't answer whether it holds up to being kept outside. But it is way better than I expected it to be. Love it!

Roxanne
June 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I love my Shark floor mop but hated the pocket mop. Also got sucked into the little rechargable floor sweeper, but it fell apart in a short while. I'm a sucker for "as seen on TV".

I have never had much luck with rechargeable things. They recharge for about a year, then they stop holding a charge.

Hulamoon
June 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Maybe I called the mop the wrong name because it has a cord.

The hose sounds like a chance I might take. I think I would like it for close to the deck for potted plants and a regular one for the car.

How about the magic mesh door? Anyone try that one?

This so much more fun than looking at reviews online:)

ilive2craft2
June 29th, 2013, 05:04 PM
We have been looking at the pocket hose too, but it has gotten horrible reviews on Amazon. Now looking at the Xhose which is the same thing. It has brass fittings instead of plastic like on the pocket hose. Several years ago, I had mono and my husband almost took away my debit and credit cards - I was a real sucker for all of the infomercials. I do like the pots and pans I bought - the Todd English ceramic interior ones. :)

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2013, 05:23 PM
How about the magic mesh door? Anyone try that one?

It won't keep out frogs and chickens ...

Miss Sheri
June 29th, 2013, 05:27 PM

Do I dare ask how you knew that?! hahaha

Hulamoon
June 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM

Oh, so you have frogs and chickens in NM too?

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM
We have lizards and roadrunners.

Funny thing, we actually had a roadrunner try to come in the house one evening when hubby was letting the dogs in. My dogs chase birds, don't ask me why that one was out there running around with them. It jumped up on the steps right behind them and got the door slammed in his face since hubby is terrified of birds. It totally freaked him out.

Sharyn J
June 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I don't buy Shark products anymore. I've had 3 floor steamers, 1 all purpose steam cleaner, and 1 rechargeable lightweight vacuum that all conked out in less than 6 months. The Company wants so much for replacement parts, you may as well buy another unit. I'm done with Shark Company.

I did pop for the pocket hose because I live in a condo and get sick of lugging around heavy hoses. I leave it attached outside in the parking area. All my neighbors use it to wash their cars. If it only lasts for the season, I'm ok with that. It's just a hose!

edit: oh, and that mesh fake screen door...........LMAO

Genny
June 29th, 2013, 07:12 PM

Ooh...me...too!

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM
This is the only thing I've seen lately that I'd spend money on: Superhydrophobic Coatings | Corrosion Control & Waterproof Coatings | NeverWet (http://www.neverwet.com/)

I'm going to spray it on the kids!!

dwil23
June 29th, 2013, 07:31 PM
My friend LOVES her pocket hose! She also bought one from WalMart. She thinks the one on TV is a little heavier. She also found out they don't hold up real well, but doesn't care. She said she will continue to buy them because they are so much easier to use. I suggested that she used electrical tape around the area that comes apart (where the hose meets the nozzle) BEFORE she uses the the first time and she is currently trying that.

Hhmmm. now to what we have fallen sucker to on TV. The cooktop. Yes, the buy it for 3 easy payments of just $34.99 and we will throw in a second one for free. And wait, that's not all we will throw in two carrying cases, and two sets of pans and yadda yadda yadda for free! Just pay separate shipping and handling. Yeah. The three easy payments of $34.99 plus S&H added up to $600. Total ripoff! On the other hand, we do like the way it cooks. You can buy these at Walmart for $100 and I would suggest doing that instead of ordering from TV. Oh, and a mysterious charge for $29.95 started showing up on my bank acct and when I finally got to the bottom of it, it was a 90 day free trial for some kind of " free savings club" that had expired and now they were charging me $29.95 PER MONTH and it was traced back to the purchase of the cooktop.

Iris Girl
June 29th, 2013, 07:45 PM
We sell those at Michaels some have been returned. It seems if you turn the water on full blast it blows the end of the hose, you have to turn it on slowly so the hose fills slowly. I used to be rooked in by the *as seen on Tv* things but all were such junk and never lasted. The one I do like is the meatloaf pan where the fat drains down to the bottom best thing ever!

Bubby
June 29th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I bought a pocket hose and it blew up on us a few days ago after very little use. If you are determined to try one, WalMart is carrying them for $20 (50 feet long).

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2013, 08:34 PM
This is the only thing I've seen lately that I'd spend money on: Superhydrophobic Coatings | Corrosion Control & Waterproof Coatings | NeverWet (http://www.neverwet.com/)

I'm going to spray it on the kids!!

I had to laugh at the name, Superhydrophobic. Super Rabies!!!

phoots
June 29th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Do you all remember the meatloaf pan...it cooks the meatloaf just up from the bottom of the pan to keep it out of the grease? Well about a yr and a half ago I bought one for my BF for Christmas. He loves it!!! He does all the cooking and he absolutely love the pan!! He nearly bought the brownie pan but I begged him not too because we both have weight problems.

Pam in Vegas

shannonsaulter
June 30th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I love the tortilla bowl things they rock and we use them alot

Hulamoon
June 30th, 2013, 01:39 AM
I love the tortilla bowl things they rock and we use them alot

Good to know! I saw them at Wally's the last time I was there.

Ouch dwil. I got on some program like that too. It was hard to track down.

Evilynn
June 30th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Anyone ever tried the "Citi Kitty"? We don't have the product here in Finland but we saw it on "Shark Tank". (We have the show on TV). Does it work?

Hulamoon
September 22nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Okay I have a new one. Did anyone buy this one? Turn your sound down. lol

Cat?s Meow? toy* | Official Site (http://www.ordercatsmeow.com/?tag=im|sm|go|gn&a_aid=011)

bdmsmith
September 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
I've seen the Cat's Meow advertised but I haven't bought one. I'm surprised my son hasn't asked for it because he has a cat and loves getting him new toys.

I did buy the pocket hose from Walmart and about a month later it sprung a leak in the middle of the hose---maybe the one from TV would be better. I liked it somewhat but it was hard to pull around our yard a bit because I was using it to feed the dog at one end and then drag it to the goat/chicken water pan so maybe it was from me stretching it back and forth all the time.

I also bought the green skillet that was supposed to be awesome. It's ok and it gets used a lot by the boys because it's smaller and light so they always grab it to grill a sandwich or cook eggs.

Nidan_07
September 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
I bought a schtiky. Just love it. Beats the old lint brush and tape rollers hands down. Wash it and keep using it. Brilliant.

kensington
September 22nd, 2013, 07:02 PM
I love to go to Bed Bath & Beyond to shop the "as seen on TV" Stuff. I bought the Eggsters.... FLOP. But, I love the twisty towel. I want to get the Meatloaf pan. Oh and maybe the Taco Bowl kit too. I did get the hair things, beaded hair combs.... LOVE those, I had two sets, still have a set. So many choices.

My aunt has one of those hoses, she loves it.

Hulamoon
September 22nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
I bought the egg thing too and haven't used it once in three years. I can't find the taco shaper here anymore so if you have me as a Santa swap pal you can get me that. lol

The cat thing looks likes it works. I need them to quit catching birds. Since my dd took her dog they got really into doing that, which they didn't before.

Lisapc
September 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
My Mom got me the taco bowl pans last year for Christmas and we use them all the time. They are great for keeping dips in at gatherings as well.

nyscpa2be
September 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
Agree with the taco bowls - we love them too.

K. McEuen
September 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Yep! I got the taco bowl pans a month or so ago and used them last week. So much better than trying to form tortilla bowls by draping them over wadded up foil and hoping they cook that way.

SallyO'Sews
September 22nd, 2013, 11:46 PM
My DD's and I love the snap-in fake cami's. Got 'em at Ocean State Job Lots; a 3-pack has black, white, and tan. I want to get the navy/pink/red pack, but haven't yet.

coffeebreak
September 23rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
I don't buy stuff like that...to many things are not as they appear or are presented! Like the ones for women shape formers... They show a bunch of older, over weight women, standing in front of a mirror and groaning and frowning about their mid riff buldge...and they say to wear the body shaper thing and it will pack everything in and you will look much thinner....and then they show how to put it on...and the woman that is putting it on is a 20 year old, size 2! And she puts it on and then revolves around the mirror admiring herself and how thin it makes her look. Well, she was thin before she put it on! I always want to call and tell them...have one of the older woman put it on and lets see what it really does! Of course, they won't do that as it doesn't do that much. I have 2 from Kohls made by Maidenform...they don't pull in the flab...they smooth it out so your clothes have something to slide on instead of your skin..whish doesn't allow anything to slide! But pull in the buldge? No.

And then no matter what they are selling...it s always .....".....for only $19,95....BUT WAIT!! Call in the next 10 minutes and we'll double your order.... just pay additional shipping and handling charges." And I am betting those additional shipping and handling charges are very close to $19.95! One day I will have my phone near me when one comes on and I will call about it and ask what the additional charges are....wonder if they will tell me!!!

Hulamoon
September 23rd, 2013, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't buy clothes either.

But did anyone buy the cat toy?