PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, in the park, I think it was the 4th of July....

aliaslaceygreen
June 29th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Ok, so, I'm close... we have two big national celebrations coming up, with Canada Day on Monday and Independence Day on Thursday...but today I am celebrating that most wonderful of days when the youngest of my baby brothers was born....36 years ago today!

It looks to be HHH here today, and reading through the weather on FB and here it seems to be some variation on the theme elsewhere!

Find a cool spot, some shade, pull up a stool and plop your feet on it...read a book, or if you are a good girl, QUILT!

Have a GREAT weekend!

(and hopefully everyone now has the same earworm I have!)

MayinJerset
June 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Not hot right now but it's only 8:30 am, heat to come later and threat of rain and thunderstorms is putting a damper on everyone's Walk in the Park and outdoor celebrations today. I'll chill out indoors doing some sewing and stuff in the house.

CrazyMtnLady
June 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Good morning. It is suppose to finally start cooling down a bit and stay more in the 80s instead of high 90s and 100s as it has been.

My big old male cat Chester "the Planet" took of last Saturday night and I was worried he would never come home. He was neutered and NEVER roamed. He finally came home Thursday evening but something was wrong. He wouldn't eat or drink anything. I thought maybe it was because we had 102* on our outdoor thermometer that day and that he was just exhausted. But, he would just lay there beside me and every once in a while would act like he wanted to get up but only raise his head and wobble. I finally fell asleep about 3am and woke about a half hour later to find he has passed away lying right next to me. So yesterday morning I had to bury him next to the other fur babies we have lost. Normally Daniel would use the back hoe on the tractor which makes it easy. But with him still in Michigan I had to use a pick and maddox to dig the hole because you just can't dig a hole with a shovel here. It took a long time to get it dug. But I wrapped him in a nice soft piece of fleece and said a prayer for him. He was such a great big beautiful cat. I will miss him.

Today I am going to try and get some sewing done. I have some things to finish up for my SSS and I know what I want to make for my July themed project.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Stay cool

Hugs and prayers to all.

Miss Sheri
June 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM
My big old male cat Chester "the Planet" took of last Saturday night and I was worried he would never come home. He was neutered and NEVER roamed. He finally came home Thursday evening but something was wrong. He wouldn't eat or drink anything. I thought maybe it was because we had 102* on our outdoor thermometer that day and that he was just exhausted. But, he would just lay there beside me and every once in a while would act like he wanted to get up but only raise his head and wobble. I finally fell asleep about 3am and woke about a half hour later to find he has passed away lying right next to me. So yesterday morning I had to bury him next to the other fur babies we have lost. Normally Daniel would use the back hoe on the tractor which makes it easy. But with him still in Michigan I had to use a pick and maddox to dig the hole because you just can't dig a hole with a shovel here. It took a long time to get it dug. But I wrapped him in a nice soft piece of fleece and said a prayer for him. He was such a great big beautiful cat. I will miss him.

I'm so sorry to hear of your heartbreaking loss. And to have to dig that grave all by your self must have been lonely and difficult. (((HUGS))) for you, I'm thinking about you today. Best Wishes! ~Sheri

WendyI
June 29th, 2013, 12:30 PM
This is so sad. He obviously got into something he shouldn't have. People are so careless leaving poisons around. :'-( I'm so sorry for your loss and that you had to do that on your own.

Claire Hallman
June 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
So sorry about your kitty, I know he must have gone peacefully since he was by your side.
It is so hard to lose our faithful pets, sadly they just can't live as long as we do.

I hope Canada Day and the Fourth of July will be a great celebration for everyone.

Lindagie
June 29th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Did he just die of old age? In any case, I am sorry that you lost him. It is always sad to lost a beloved pet. Sorry that you had to bury him all by yourself too.

auntiemern
June 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Donna, so sorry to hear the news of Chester. How sad. Trish, enjoy your brothers B'day as well as the upcoming holidays.

ilive2craft2
June 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Trish, I can't stop singing that song!!! Hope everyone enjoys their holidays this week - whether it is Canada Day or the 4th of July or your baby brother's bday!

Our weather has changed - it is in the 70s and raining...not usual for the end of June, that's for sure! It is IL, so wait 10 minutes and it will change :)

Donna, so sorry to hear about Chester. Our fur babies are so much a part of the family, it is so hard to lose one. Hugs, Lisa

Jean Sewing Machine
June 29th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Donna, so sorry to hear about Chester. One of my cats died when we lived in Crawford County, and that's exactly how I had to bury him! You don't just dig in rocky Missouri soil, you have to use heavy tools! I am glad he returned home to be with you in his last hours, poor baby. Wonder if he got bit by a snake or scorpion?

Try to have a good holiday week.

CrazyMtnLady
June 29th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for your condolences. I don't think he was bit by anything. I rubbed him all over looking for something that hurt and he never cried out. He may have gotten into something that poisoned him but I don't know.

I know I pulled a muscle in my right shoulder using the Maddox to dig the hole. Boy is my shoulder sore today. I am ready to take a hot shower and let the hot water work on the muscle..

dwil23
June 29th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Good morning. It is suppose to finally start cooling down a bit and stay more in the 80s instead of high 90s and 100s as it has been.

Today I am going to try and get some sewing done. I have some things to finish up for my SSS and I know what I want to make for my July themed project.

Stay cool

Hugs and prayers to all.

So sorry to hear - I had a Chester once, too. How old was he?

aliaslaceygreen
June 30th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Oh, Donna... I am so sorry about your Chester....hugs....

shannonsaulter
June 30th, 2013, 01:02 AM

Stay cool

Hugs and prayers to all.

so sorry for you loss..so glad he came home and went with family near..he knew he was loved...

Hope everyone is staying cool in the heat..we hit 100+ today YUCK!