PDA

View Full Version : Surgery went well.

mom4him
June 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
All went well and he is back in his room sleeping.
Need to keep moving but wanted to update all you great people.
You are a tremendous blessing.

ilive2craft2
June 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Prayers have been answered! Get some rest! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the update, Sandy. If you feel a hand on your shoulder, we sent it!!

quiltingtrish
June 28th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Prayers still coming for his healing. And for you.

Hugs,

Mom23
June 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
That's wonderful news. Just sitting in the hospital can be so exhausting. Hang in there.

RFREE
June 28th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Thank goodness Sandy. Please take care of yourself as well. Prayers continue for his healing.Thanks for the update.

grannyann
June 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Nothing but good wishes for you and your love ones. Praying he heals quick and you can get some well deserved rest.
God Bless each and everyone .

mom4him
June 28th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Sandy, I haven't felt a hand on my shoulder, today I have felt the Fathers embrace all day long. Thanks you, all of you for your prayers. I know from experience that the next 2-3 days will be more difficult but Richard is such a fighter and the staff here is great so he will make it through fine.

Grandma G
June 28th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Sandy - so glad to hear the surgery went well. I know that is a great relief to you. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Gerri

baslp
June 28th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Good to hear!

MayinJerset
June 28th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Good news that the surgery went well and prayers the good news keeps coming.

jet4361
June 28th, 2013, 11:16 PM
So happy to hear the good news! We will keep praying.

SallyO'Sews
June 28th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the update, Sandy. Will continue to pray that all of you continue to be acutely aware of God's presence!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

phoots
June 29th, 2013, 12:18 AM
So happy to hear the good news!

Pam in Vegas

lilmouse
June 29th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Glad you could feel "His" presence...will continue to pray for all!

Sew Perfect
June 29th, 2013, 01:17 AM
So glad to hear it, Sandy! I thought of you today.

Lilly
June 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM
What a relief. You must feel happy-exhausted-buzzed. Hope you can get some rest. I am still praying for you both and your family at home. Blessings!

Miss Sheri
June 29th, 2013, 02:14 PM
One hurdle at a time, right? Take a moment to breathe and pray and smile today. Hugs and prayers for you Sandy.

mom4him
June 29th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I realized I hadn't updated since right after surgery. Last night was a bit tough for a time. I had planned on going home but they were terribly short staffed. They finally got another person to float between the pod Richard is on and another one so I thought I would go ahead an leave. His IV went south and the only place they could get a line in was his rt. thumb. He then couldn't push the nurse call so I just hunkered down and stayed.

He is doing very good this morning. The nausea seems to be under better control, he ate(drank) some breakfast and hasn't been sicky and seems very alert. All great answers to prayer. They talked about a pic line but have decided that if they can keep this one going for another day, he continues to 'eat', they will put him on oral meds.

All good news at this point.:D

auntiemern
June 29th, 2013, 02:24 PM
So very happy to hear all went well. You need to try to rest when he does. I have done weeks in the hosp with Gabe, and know just how exhausting it can be. Keep us informed.

mom4him
June 29th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, Marilyn, I do. Three years ago when he was in the hospital for that 3+ month time I got to where I think I could have slept standing on my head, hanging out the window. I think I got a good 3 1/2 hrs last night and another hr or so after breakfast so chugging right along. LOL

ilive2craft2
June 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Time in a hospital is so "out of time" for me, you feel like you are in a weird little bubble. Do what you need to do to keep yourself in good health to keep taking such good care of your son. Napping during the day is sometimes hard with all of the people coming in and out, but still necessary. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Evilynn
June 30th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Sending positive thoughts your way! I am glad that the surgery went well and I hope you have time to find some rest for yourself. You need it, too!

Many hugs,

Steffie

quiltingtrish
June 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Happy to hear his surgery went well. Prayers for his recovery is still continuing.

Hugs,