PDA

View Full Version : Major flooding in New York

nyscpa2be
June 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Between Albany and Syracuse NY, the interstate I-90 follows the Mohawk River. Because of all the rain, the river has overflowed its banks, and has drastically flooded a small town. This town was also flooded during Hurricane Irene a few years ago.

Oh, and the Mohawk River is also known as the Erie Canal. Did I get the song stuck in your head yet??

Doloris
June 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
used to have an uncle that lived outside of Frankfort. He lived in an old stagecoach stop inn. Huge, beautiful house.

auntiemern
June 28th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Will keep them in my prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
June 28th, 2013, 01:44 PM
How terrible! We have a flood watch here in New Hampshire but hopefully we won't see anything as bad as this. Rain, rain go away!

janluna
June 28th, 2013, 04:54 PM
We are also under flood warnings. I am one hour away from Syracuse. I'm Praying for those people who have flooded, and for those that are under the severe flood warnings. My heart aches for the loss, but I also ache for the animals that are affected. Cows and horses in the fields, are so unable to help themselves unless they can get to a hill. So, Praying I am for everyone, with two or four legs. God Bless, Jan L.

Tanya D
June 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Having just watched my beloved city of Calgary go thru this, my heart goes out to those in the path of this flood. My prayers are with them as they wait for the weather to clear and the waters to recede.

nyscpa2be
June 28th, 2013, 05:47 PM
JanLuna, I'll probably be real close to you in two weeks. I'll be at the John Deere Expo in Canandaigua from the 12th to the 14th. Any quilt shops I should put on my list? I am doing a winery tour on Friday.

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Floods really shake me up. Sending prayers - and prayers, and prayers.

Used to live 1/4 mile from the Erie (in Fairport, NY).