PDA

View Full Version : Fridays are Fantastic

Blondie
June 28th, 2013, 06:49 AM

Hello Folksies!

Ah, for Fridays. Most adult workers long for Fridays as most kids long for summer. Both are a break from the routine and for some it is a short lived freedom from a semi feudal existence. Me? I am just glad for another day of living. While I am still in the dark about what is going to happen at the mall I work at, I am considering other alternatives while standing in faith, knowing fully that the Lord is already waiting in the future and He isn't anxious for a thing. It is obvious that He likes to stretch my faith. I am beginning to feel as limber as a rubber band. It would be a nice thing for my body to be as limber as my spiritual innards.

While we didn't get any weather last night, we sure got all the trappings that went along with it. Thunder, thunder, thunder, ominous clouds and brief spurts of wind. No rain, we kept the power on - and once more, slept like a log.
Myrna, I caught myself "whistling" one evening when I was almost asleep. I quizzed the big man about it and basically I can be a side show. He says many times I laugh in my sleep. How in the world does one do that? He says it is more of a hehehehehehe kind of thing but he says my eyes crinkle up in my sleep like I am tickled. I have known that I talk in my sleep occasionally. I have also walked in my sleep occasionally and that is terrifying. Hubs also says that while I don't snore occasionally I will snort! And I thought I was all girlie girl even in sleep. I didn't know I could be a walking, snorting, talking, laughing whistler. Good grief.

Off to find my coffee cup and the man who was supposed to carry it in to me. Have a Friday full of Fun, y'all.

Hugs to all. Prayers as well. Special Prayers for Special folks in my life include Barb(bubby), Sandy (mom4Him), Ruby and some who prefer to remain unspoken.

Monique
June 28th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Good morning Blondie and all who come after me. After work yesterday I went and picked strawberries for us all to enjoy for the weekend. Phil and family got here last night. Greg and Jersey arrive today for the long weekend. Yes another long weekend for us folks up north. Canada Day is Monday. It will be a busy weekend around here, so if you don't see me, don't fret. Today I will hem a pair of pants for Greg which I was going to do yesterday but forgot to bring black thread. I also work tomorrow morning for a bit then off till Tuesday.

Puggles have not been found yet. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Have a great weekend.

Happy Canada Day weekend to all my Canadian brothers and sisters on here.

MRoy
June 28th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Good morning! Blondie, you can't be held responsible for what you do in your sleep so if LL gives you a hard time about it, bop him "in your sleep". :)

This is the last Friday that I'll be working. It's 4-day work weeks for me during July The grandkids will be here and I'm taking Fridays off to spend more time with my son and them. Mondays will be rough but I'll survive.

I'm going to watch the new tutorial before getting ready for work. I hope everyone has a great day....prayers and hugs to those who need them!!

buckeyequilter
June 28th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning,

Today is my first day of vacation...don't have to go back to work until July 8. I have my sewing room opened up and just waiting for me to get off the computer and get in there. I am going to finish putting the borders on my niece's quilt and then get all 3 of the quilts ready to put on the frame. I also want to make the tumbler flag for the 4th so I think I'll get to that next.

I really should clean house...but...this is my first day of vacation and cleaning is work....so I'll do that when I get bored sometime next week.

Well off to the sewing room. Have a wonderful day - prayers and hugs.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p346/diintx_album/happydance25255B125255D.gif

MayinJerset
June 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Love Shirley's Happy Dance today but it is time for her to stop dancing and get into her sewing room and have fun.
Wish we all could be doing fun stuff today and all through the weekend but some have to work while others can play. Doing both this weekend, cleaning some floors and Sunday going out of town to a family party for grandnephew who graduated high school.

No coffee yet, DH has been slow doing his job this morning but I'm enjoying catching up here with a cool breeze coming in the window. New AC is working great but it is too cold set at 75 so DH will reprogram it this morning, better light to see the thermostat as it is in a dark corner. Time to go as coffee is done, Have a Good Day,

aliaslaceygreen
June 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Good morning. Good morning. Good morning. (If I keep saying it, it will be so, won't it???) I didn't sleep well last night. Can't say I snored as Timmy was at work so...we will say I didn't and leave it there. I have been told I talk at night. And when work is uber stressful, I put in a third shift over night!

Open, open, open, Layla that is my weekend. And hopefully one of those opens will mean Timmy is working on the bathroom floor because all of those days are OFF's for him!

Quilt. Yes. I must do that too.... truly... sigh...

Take care all, hugs are available right here---> Take what you need, leave some for others! ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

Renate
June 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Yes dear Blondie, Fridays are really phantastic:
- you accepted me as your FB friend today
- end of the month deliveries make our month round
- this weekend we are going to a relaxing stay at a very nice place in the French Jura, playing some round of golf and also a turnament. Keep your fingers crossed that it will not going to snow (the place is high in the mountains and it is very cold up there)
- last but not least: your Friday smiles are the best :-)

Smile back to you all
Renate

quiltingtrish
June 28th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Happy Friday everyone -

been popping in to see who needs prayers (got you covered-sure is lots going on with everyone) and also to gaze at the beautiful projects popping out all over.

My days off have been busy with getting wash thrown on and off the lines in between the rain storms, trying to keep up with everyone's schedules, and have thrown lots of sewing/quilting in there. I finally finished quilting the 2 heart girls quilts and now to bind them. One of them is going to Maine sometime in the middle of July and I really do hate to wait until the last minute. I like to sew my binding from the front, turn it and hand sew it to the back. Since I've been known to doze off while doing that last part, I figured I should give myself plenty of time. I only doze off not because I find it boring, but that part of the finishing part is usually done at the end of a long day.

Well - suppose I should hop off here. My BFF is coming to visit! Don't know what we will get in to here, but surely something will arise.

Keep smiling and have a great day!

Hugs,

Jean Sewing Machine
June 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone! Got my guest room cleaned out for my daughter and husband to use until they find a permanent place in Atlanta. Meantime, the sewing stuff and other closet debris is piled in the living room looking for a home. They have two big dogs also, this is going to be stressful for me and Al the cat. I bought a small computer desk for them to use, need to put it together. First challenge, getting it out of the car! It's so heavy! Now I need to work on the rest of the house!

Going to try to get to sewing some costumes today, I am so longing to work on quilts instead! Can't do that!

Have a great day!

mom4him
June 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Hello Folksies!

Ah, for Fridays. Most adult workers long for Fridays as most kids long for summer. Both are a break from the routine and for some it is a short lived freedom from a semi feudal existence. Me? I am just glad for another day of living. While I am still in the dark about what is going to happen at the mall I work at, I am considering other alternatives while standing in faith, knowing fully that the Lord is already waiting in the future and He isn't anxious for a thing. It is obvious that He likes to stretch my faith. I am beginning to feel as limber as a rubber band. It would be a nice thing for my body to be as limber as my spiritual innards.

While we didn't get any weather last night, we sure got all the trappings that went along with it. Thunder, thunder, thunder, ominous clouds and brief spurts of wind. No rain, we kept the power on - and once more, slept like a log.
Myrna, I caught myself "whistling" one evening when I was almost asleep. I quizzed the big man about it and basically I can be a side show. He says many times I laugh in my sleep. How in the world does one do that? He says it is more of a hehehehehehe kind of thing but he says my eyes crinkle up in my sleep like I am tickled. I have known that I talk in my sleep occasionally. I have also walked in my sleep occasionally and that is terrifying. Hubs also says that while I don't snore occasionally I will snort! And I thought I was all girlie girl even in sleep. I didn't know I could be a walking, snorting, talking, laughing whistler. Good grief.

Off to find my coffee cup and the man who was supposed to carry it in to me. Have a Friday full of Fun, y'all.

Hugs to all. Prayers as well. Special Prayers for Special folks in my life include Barb(bubby), Sandy (mom4Him), Ruby and some who prefer to remain unspoken.

I really needed your post this morning, Blondie. You made me laugh out loud and then I had to remind myself I was in a hospital and it is still quiet time here. LOL

I know that most people yearn for Fridays and I always look forward to the week end but the day I really like, well, in normal life, is Monday. I love looking at having the whole week ahead, getting a fresh start on the list of need to dos and being able to really say good by to the past week and all the didn't get dones. LOL
God bless you, sweet lady, for your consistent cheery post in the morning. Most of the time I don't take the time to read much here in the mornings but have lost of time this morning while waiting for my son to be taken to surgery.
God is good AND faithful all the time.

WendyI
June 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Morning all!!! TGIF!!! EIGHT HOURS AND I'M ON VACATION!!! Did it EVER come up fast! Sadly it's pouring rain and giving me a headache. uhg. Lots to do too...laundry mostly UHG! WHY can't it just stay DONE!?!

Thinking of all those who are having difficulties and hoping you all have very nice weekends in spite of it all! Work is busy and then I have to get ready to fly! Packing 22 lbs or less is NOT going to be easy!

Have a fantabulous Day everyone!

And to steal Moniques pic....50215 on Monday to all us Canadian folks!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 28th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Morning all!
Yes there is a lot going on here. I have been lurking so I know a little about some situations.
I will say this God knows your need and He has not forgotten you! In the meantime I am for sure saying a prayer for all of you. So you know who you are BIG OL' (((HUGS))) to ya!

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Another Friday? When is this madness going to stop? I can't deal with Friday any more - it resembles every other day of the week.

Yesterday's plans to work on my RWB quilt turned into putting it aside to help Rita finish a quilt kit she had started for the new baby. Her sisters were not ready to step in and help her, even though they had started it with her (lazy butts!!). And, of course, Zoe needed to sew and she can be just as persistent as anyone. That little stinker can sit and hand-stitch seams about as good as they come given her age. She had made a pillow case the day before (with Nana's help on the serger) - and yesterday needed a pillow. She wanted another pillowcase but Nana was totally strung out by that time. Who knows what will be unveiled today.

What's with this funny weather that everyone is experiencing? I think of our Canadian and European friends who are dealing with the destruction caused by recent floods, the devastating wildfires, extreme heat and cold, storms widespread . . . The sun was out bright and glorious this morning and then, without warning, the skies opened up and totally drenched us. Now the sun is out again. Wonder if the yard will dry enough to run the mowers today? Every day it has been way too wet. I looked out this morning and surveyed again the weeds in my front flower beds. I sure don't want to be out there sitting on my posterior pulling weeds, and the girls haven't learned to differentiate between weeds and flowers so I would need to be there with them. I have noticed that while they say they want to pull weeds, as soon as my back is turned they stop. I'm ready to mow everything over and look at flowers on the internet.

Okay, enough of my nonsense. I'll move on now, leaving best wishes, lots of hugs, prayers, special thoughts and lots of joy to be spread all over the world. May your day be bright and cheerful and free from stress and worries.

Claire Hallman
June 28th, 2013, 12:24 PM
First challenge, getting it out of the car! It's so heavy! Now I need to work on the rest of the house!
Have a great day!
You could open the box in the car and take it in a piece at a time.:D

cyndiofthevortex
June 28th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Happy Canada Day weekend everyone! We can all find room in our lives to celebrate, right? I did not sleep well last night. Maybe I should start a 2 am sewing project since this is happening night after night. And wouldn't you know it, my neighbor across the street decides to use an electric saw first thing in the morning, after I had finally gotten back to sleep! Who was it that put up that post? Karen? I thought of it as I groaned myself awake. Today I'll put the border on a new jewel toned batik star wall hanging and maybe even get it basted. Now the hard part for me is figuring out how to quilt it. One good thing so far this morning, DS made the BEST chocolate chip cookies. Is there anything better than cookie dough for breakfast?

Jean Sewing Machine
June 28th, 2013, 01:04 PM
You could open the box in the car and take it in a piece at a time.:D
Claire, I can always count on you for REALLY GOOD and sensible advice! I will do that!

auntiemern
June 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Good day all. Today I will get something done. We will have the grands this evening, so they will keep me hopping. Have a great day all. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Lindagie
June 28th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Well, off to the grocery store and the post office to mail my mug rug! Not much on the agenda today except watch the little ones this afternoon and then dgd's birthday party this evening. Trying a new dip for the party; hope it turns out well. It is mostly family, so if it is not great, no worries. LOL! No cleaning or sewing will be done today; Yay!
Had a fun day out with the girls yesterday, although it was very hot. Today seems a little better and no rain; another yay!
Have a great day and weekend everyone!

cyndiofthevortex
June 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Flowers just arrived at my door! I forgot to mention, today is my 33rd wedding anniversary! My DH is always late and I had a taste of things to come on my wedding day. He was too late to pick up the marriage license (he waited until the last minute) and had to have someone open up city hall for him to get it on a Saturday morning for a 10 am ceremony! Thankfully he is headstrong as well as being chronologically challenged and was able to talk a secretary, how he found her I don't know, into coming in to open things up for him at 8 am. It's been a fun ride so far and I love him to death! He's one of the best and I am a very lucky lady.

nyscpa2be
June 28th, 2013, 02:04 PM
So this Friday didn't turn out as expected yet. I made a hair appointment, as my hair is touching my shoulders and badly in need of a cut and style. Get dressed, dog in the cage, purse ready, where are my keys? Oh yeah, they're in Mom's purse. Duh. OK, no hair appointment today. So I might as well sew - but should I work on a UFO or a new project?????
Prayers to all with all those concerns - hope everything gets better soon!

janluna
June 28th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Happy Canada Day! Cyndi, Happy Anniversary! Sandy and Sandy, I'm praying for both of you! Sandy N. you have the patience of a Saint! God Bless you!
Prayers going up for all the people who are suffering.
As for snoring, I'm told I do, but not often. Of course Joe wouldn't know if it was often because he is the snoring King! He also talks, yells, laughs, and sings in his sleep. I have had some very interesting conversations with him in the middle of the night. lol
It is dull , drab, grey and raining here today. My shoulder is killing me. I keep Praying for the pain to subside and the shoulder to calm done and be on the mend. I'm very tired.
Blondie, thank you for your uplifting daily opening of the day. What would we do without you? You are such a Blessing to all of us.
Trish, (the one in PA) Have fun with your BFF today. Stop working for Pete's sake, you are on vacation! Love you. Love you all, Blessings on you, I don't know what I'd do without you guys!
Hugs and Prayers, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Flowers just arrived at my door! I forgot to mention, today is my 33rd wedding anniversary! My DH is always late and I had a taste of things to come on my wedding day. He was too late to pick up the marriage license (he waited until the last minute) and had to have someone open up city hall for him to get it on a Saturday morning for a 10 am ceremony! Thankfully he is headstrong as well as being chronologically challenged and was able to talk a secretary, how he found her I don't know, into coming in to open things up for him at 8 am. It's been a fun ride so far and I love him to death! He's one of the best and I am a very lucky lady.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Love those 'fun rides'. What is it they say, when you get to the end just yell out "It's been a great time."

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Happy Canada Day! Cyndi, Happy Anniversary! Sandy and Sandy, I'm praying for both of you! Sandy N. you have the patience of a Saint!

You have to be kidding . . . you weren't here when the three little ones converged on me . . . .