PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Quilting Machine Frames....

quiltinmst
June 27th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Hello everyone!
Would love to hear your input on the various quilting machine frames...like the Grace Machine Frames, Hinterberg or has anyone built one? Sometime in the "future" I'm hoping to get a quilting machine frame that will work with my
Juki TL2010Q. Thank you!!

bubba
June 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM
My husband bought me a Gracie Frame off Craigslist...you might start by looking there.

quiltinmst
June 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Excellent idea Bubba. Any problem with it?

Jean Sewing Machine
June 27th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I have an Grace Inspira frame that was sold with my Pfaff longarm. Other than taking days to assemble, it is fine. You could use a Juki on it. Grace has excellent on line videos on assembly, their person who assembles the frames in the videos has beautifully manicured nails, and she doesn't break a nail through the whole process. It took a while because I did it alone and one connector was faulty, which they replaced quickly for me.

a1angiem
June 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I have a Janome 1600p on a grace queen frame. You can read about it, see my results using the setup, and watch my videos using it on my blog at Over the Kitchen Counter: Angie's Place for Cooking and Crafts (http://www.overthekitchencounter.com) and using the search box for the topics. Feel free to ask any questions.

bubba
June 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Not so far there hasn't been...

buckeyequilter
June 27th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I have the Grace King frame and have had no problems with it. I bought mine through Amazon.

MsRabbott
June 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I have the Grace Start Right frame with a Juki, I got the whole thing from KathyQuilts.com via eBay, the customer service was AMAZING and I was up and running very quickly. I just got the Pattern Perfect set as well since I needed a stylus assembly anyway, because I plan to use pantographs on a few quilts this summer. I have the Juki 2000Qi and haven't had a single hiccup with it. I did buy the stitch regulator when I got the frame, but found I didn't like it when FMQ'ing. With the templates and pantographs, I think it will be a necessity!

Mchelem
June 28th, 2013, 03:38 AM
I use my juki on a Bradley frame. I like it, but I wish it had a 4th rod for my batting,

wendyw1
June 28th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I have a Grace Pinnacle king frame with a Janome 1600P machine. I bought it second hand off Ebay. The frame is great, easy to adjust, does take up a lot of room though (check pics in my album). The only downside is the throat space on the machine - I only have about 5" of working space, one day hopefully I will upgrade to a larger throat machine. Hope this helps.

quiltinmst
June 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Thank you all! Was very helpful.

quiltinmst
June 28th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Saw your album....I'm jealous. LOL
Geez, Was teasing my husband we could purchase a 12x8 shed and he could stick me out their. LOL

Quiltlover
July 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
You don't need a shed...just take over the whole house as I have. LOL Have my quilt stuff EVERYWHERE. Organized it all a few months ago but quickly dug through all of it to find this and that and now need to redo my organizing. Wish I had the organized gene. Think I have a quilting gene because it seems very easy to me but organization isn't my think. Wish it was. I struggle with it.

Brenda in Alabama

Quiltlover
July 13th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Angie, I looked at your site but never found your quilt frame entries. Could you give us an exact entry or date. Couldn't find it.

ilive2craft2
July 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I have the same type setup as Jean, but a different brand - several machines are "clones" of each other. Mine is a Husqavarna Viking MegaQuilter 18 X 8 on the original Inspira frame by Grace. I found a lady who was upgrading and bought it from her. It does take up a bunch of room, but now that I have practiced a bunch, I am ready to dive in and get some projects done. I just need a few more hours in each day.