PDA

View Full Version : Giood Morning

Blondie
February 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/SpringFever.gif

It's official. I have spring fever. And working on hay fever. And a whopper of a sinus infection. My ode to spring has arrived. Going back to bed for some more crazy dreams. Dreamt of zombies last night. Maybe that means the Walking Dead will be back on AMC soon.

Have a great day everyone!

Dragonfly
February 27th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Good morning Blondie I sympathise on the sinuses...YUK!!!

I'm also heading to bed but then it is night time for me. :lol:

Have a great day everyone. :icon_bigsmile:

middlesis1966
February 27th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Blondie!!!!!! This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!!!!!!
Well I think I let my son and the salesman talk me into a phone thats a bit too much for me, lol. Wow its gonna be a head scrather until I learn it. Good thing my son has the same one. This way if I run into problems I can go to him. But I am woman hear me roar, I will learn how to use my phone.
Todays going to be a nice day. I get to spend it with my chuch family and my mom. I think I will take her to lunch today. She has been so good to me since Ive been diagnosed, so it would be nice just to sit and relax without it being in a docs ofc. I will even suffer thru the liver and onions she will order, lol.
Liver and onions are like your salmon patties too me, YUCK. Can we say double yuck!!!! Good thing its not treatment week, cause it really wouldnt work well.
Have a great day all and I will catch ya later!!!!!!

debi weaver
February 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Morning, Blondie...and all other friends!
You're right....it is a day the Lord has made and rejoicing is the order of the day!
What a wonderful thought to accompany us through the activities of today!

Must run and talk later - church starts early for us!
Enjoy the signs of spring, even if it means a little more sleep needed to ward off the sinus infection!
Love, Debi

debinmalaga
February 27th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Good morning all! So sorry about your sinus infection, Blondie, those really bite!

Mike and I are cleaning this morning and then I'm going to work on my Dresden project... I used the rest of my wildflowers iv charms on a black background. Should look pretty, I'm calling it wildflowers by moonlight lol.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Sandy Navas
February 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hoping everyone has a wonderful, prosperous day filled with health, wealth, and happiness. I crawled in bed yesterday afternoon with aching back, read my current book for a while and fell asleep, only to get up this morning ready to tackle the day. I just noticed that when Blondie has sinus problems she adds "I's" to her titles.

Everyone out there in cyberland enjoy the days offerings!

quiltingtrish
February 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Good morning where the sun is out! Off to church soon and then to my Dad's for my visit.
Sorry to hear about your sinuses, Blondie - there are lots out there suffering with you.
I did get in the basement last night to organize the quilty stuff. Got lots put away and made my annual list of what I really want to work on. There are about 50 some projects - most of them quilty and about 7 or so embroidery ones. I also have a pile of some projects that I am just not interested in anymore to do and haven't decided if I'm going to sell them at a yard sale, put them on Craigs List or whatever at this point. No sense in keeping them to just sit here. Some are kits. So we'll see. Maybe I'll try my hand at e-bay.

Well, you all have a great Sunday. As my Odie would say - "No worries, Mom." He really is the most laid back Marine I've ever seen. He'll get mad for a few minutes about something - like having to wait 5 weeks for his next round of classes and text me - then come back later and say something like 'well, there's really nothing I can do about it so - no worries, Mom'.

Hoping there is sun whereever you are.

Hugs,

lhayes1976
February 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Still cleaning here--never made it to the sewing room last night. I just don't function like I did in my younger days. I work for 15 minutes, then rest for 30 minutes. Today I'm cleaning my bathroom and closet. Hopefully I will get finished before sundown. I think I'll treat myself to a hamburger from Culver's tonight.

Monique
February 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Good morning all!!

Sunday, thank God it is a day of rest. Boy do I need it. Too much partying catches up to you. LOL!!

Blondie, I too suffer with my sinuses. Have you tried the Nettie pot. It helps.

Paula, I don't mean to be nosey but what were you diagnosed with? I myself HAD breast cancer and had to have a masectomy. But feeling wonderful. If you need encouragement you can get it from me anytime.

Quiet day today. I might get some quilting done today. Bad weather heading this way tonight. Freezing rain!! YUCK!!

Have a wonderful day
Monique

Onetiredmomma
February 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Good morning. Our family officially has the plague again: running, stuffy noses, cough, and a few fevers mixed in. Yippee! I'm just chanting, "moms aren't allowed to be sick," over and over again. Blondie, hope your infection clears up, and I hope you all enjoy church. We'll be missing today.

toggpine
February 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Morning All!
We still have snow. Although according to the weather girl it's rain. Fluffiest rain I have seen in a long time!

I made the impossible cheeseburger pie last night from the recipe on the side of bisquick box. Not bad, but kinda bland. I will need to add some spices to the mix next time. It was a hit with the teenager, but he thinks McDonalds is gourmet eating.

I got a little more done on the quilt top last night. One more block to add to the end of each row, and then I can start assembling rows. Then I suppose I will need to drag it to the LQS to figure out which solid will work the best for some borders, and then come home and order it from MSQC. (Is that horrible? I'd buy it there, but they are so expensive, and not very friendly. They don't offer quilter's cash either!)

I need to make up the big batch of french toast that I have the bread for. It freezes great and is one of the few breakfast things the young one will eat. We may make a batch of cookies too. I'm jonesing for some peanut butter cookies, although chocolate chip sounds equally as good. I don't think I'll get complaints for the boys either way.

Blondie, I hope your snot locker empties out soon! I was there not that long ago myself. A couple of gallons of Breathe Easy hot tea, and a couple of sinus flushes seemed to help a lot.
Onetiredmoma, try to get some rest, and good luck on evading the germs. If you are like me, they will hit you after everybody else is back up and running.

Everybody else, have a great day!
Cathy

janluna
February 28th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Blondie, so sorry you feel so bad. I told you you were burning the candle at both ends. It caught up with you. Please see the Doctor don't let the infection go for too long. With all the stress you've been under I'm surprised for it to take this long to get to you. Now please rest!!!! I'm praying for you and I'm worried about you.
You hold everyone together like glue, let us hold you now. Sleep, and fluids. I know it's sinus but fluids helps clear it out believe it of not. Don't forget meds. and take a nap!!!
I love you, we all do. Hugs, Jan

rebeccas-sewing
February 28th, 2011, 06:51 AM
My goodness! All that terrible weather you've had and now you're getting sick! You guys just can't seem to catch a break. It's impressive that you still manage to get work done. I, too, have been under the weather. Strangest congestion I've ever experienced. It's all in my head and dripping by the bucket down my throat to the point where sometimes I can hardly swallow. No sore throat which is incredible considering the abuse my throat has gotten. I blow my nose and nothing happens. I've tried antihistamines and decongestants to no avail. However, Benedryl at night lets me sleep. I've tried head over steam. I've used saline nasal spray. Hot showers are great. All these things are only a very brief fix, though. I'm drinking tons of fluids. Can't possibly imagine what else I can do. It has gotten better but still hanging on. I'm fine sleeping and okay most of the morning. As the day wears on the sinuses start acting up. I don't know if I'm allergic to something or just dealing with a bug. It started in London and is still with me here in Norway. Obviously haven't been out doing much sightseeing. We did manage to go for a couple of drives to take some pictures. Some of the countryside reminds us of the landscape in parts of New England.

My one fear!!!! Have I developed an allergy to fabric. Heaven forbid!!!!!!!!!!