PDA

View Full Version : Thanksday already!

SallyO'Sews
June 27th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hi, Everyone!

Today, I am thankful for air-conditioning. Don't know how you folksies in the Southwest manage to survive the summer... on the other hand, we once had visitors from Brazil who could not believe that my husband had survived winters in Maine as a college student. I guess it's all a matter of perspective! :icon_happy:

Hope you are all blessed by cooling breezes and warm quilts!

Hugs and prayers for all,
~ Sally \0/

MartinaG
June 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I'm thankful that my stomach virus is over.

Granny Judy
June 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I am thankful for Kleenex's!! Just think of all the germs and snot they catch....and the laundry you no longer have to do. Can you tell I have a summer allergy/cold??

Gayle8675309
June 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I'm also thankful for my a/c...I'm a wuss when it gets hotter than 80 degrees.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 27th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, thank heaven for AC! I am totally thankful for it. Also thankful for recliners when my back is aching. And I'm thankful for ALL OF YOU!

quiltsRfun
June 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM
No cool breezes here! Today the temp is 100 and it's expected to go higher by the weekend. I'm also thankful for AC!

cyndiofthevortex
June 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I am very thankful for a helpful adult son. He came over today and helped me clean the house. How's that for great? He picked up, vacuumed and even did a load of laundry for me. He's given me hours more time to quilt! Now if he had just made me lunch...

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 03:59 PM
A/C yup, that's right up there on my thankful list too. I am also thankful for pretty things in this world ~ they just make me so happy ~ like flowers, FABRICS, the ocean, trees and rivers, the full moon, stars, babies, mountains, sunrises and sunsets...etc. etc. etc.
I am especially thankful for kindhearted people, like all of you.

SuzyQue
June 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I give praises this week for a dear friends' grand-daughter. She had a rare stomach ailment and was blessed to be in the right children's hospital with just the perfect surgeon to do her intricate surgery. She can now eat!!! Thanks and praises for a lot of blessings that just fell perfectly and she will now be able to recover 100%!!! What a great God we serve!

auntiemern
June 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Thankful for so many things. For DH, amazing daughter, beautifully delightful grand children. For a family that is supportive and here in my time of need. So very thankful to my family on here, and the many prayers warriors that have me in their prayers. Thankful to be alive today, and breathing pretty good.

pcbatiks
June 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Definitely thankful for central AC.......... the heat and humidity is brutal here during this time of year. But then again we run the AC about 8 or 9 months out of the year. Thankful for my family and thankful for all of you here..........it is great to see so much support for those forum friends who are going through stressful times.

SallyO'Sews
June 27th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I am very thankful for a helpful adult son. He came over today and helped me clean the house. How's that for great? He picked up, vacuumed and even did a load of laundry for me. He's given me hours more time to quilt! Now if he had just made me lunch...

Perfect son = perfect mother!! :D

SallyO'Sews
June 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I give praises this week for a dear friends' grand-daughter. She had a rare stomach ailment and was blessed to be in the right children's hospital with just the perfect surgeon to do her intricate surgery. She can now eat!!! Thanks and praises for a lot of blessings that just fell perfectly and she will now be able to recover 100%!!! What a great God we serve!

AMEN & AMEN!!! Thanks for sharing this, Suzy!

ilive2craft2
June 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I am thankful that my mom is starting to feel a little better - I think the med changes have helped. I am thankful that DH's stress test results from last week were found. He does need to go for further testing - an angiocath. They just need to schedule it - they don't think it will be next week due to the holiday. I am thankful for his cardiologist. I am thankful for this forum full of wonderful, caring, talented people.

Nidan_07
June 28th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Have so much to be thankful for....way too many things to list.

MayinJerset
June 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Today I am very thankful for the sunny day and all the lovely plants in our back yard, they all have good memories. The plain green hostas are from my parent's home in Brooklyn. I helped my grandfather plant them there when I was a child. The day lilies are in full bloom right now and they are from the first daylily plant I bought about 50 years ago. Then the big pink roses on the bush that DGD Catherine gave me on Mother's Day about 15 years ago. I don't garden much any longer but the few plants that I still tend have survived because they are so special to me.