PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

Cellomom
June 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Good Morning all. I've missed catching up with everyone and have missed sewing!! My one and only daughter was married last Saturday in a beautiful ceremony and we had such a great time at the reception. After a year of planning , everything came together and we loved every minute of it. Can't wait to see the photos! My friend who is a phenomenal seamstress transformed my wedding dress into my daughter's wedding dress. After only a few fittings, because my daughter lives in another state, her dress fit like a glove! I'm so amazed at how my friend can size gowns so perfectly! Jean the Sewing Machine, you probably can do this too! She also made vintage looking flowers with gold buttons for a sash and hair flower. The whole ensemble was perfect! I don't have a pic because I was too busy being the MOB, but I'll try to post one soon. Right now, DH and I are resting (how long does it take to get back to normal?) We're going to take a trip to the beach to wind down. Then I'm looking forward to making a cool mailbag purse and finishing my patriotic quilt. ( I know, should have been done by now, but had no time!)

Have a great day!

MayinJerset
June 27th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Gown remodel sounds beautiful and can't wait to see a photo. You and DH unwind and enjoy yourselves, you deserve it. May

Jean Sewing Machine
June 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Sounds lovely! I'm finding refitting things isn't that easy after working 2 months in a bridal salon! Glad to hear from you!

EsGrandma
June 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Can hardly wait for pics! (Maybe one of you and one of your daughter in the same dress - that is sooo cool!)

rebeccas-sewing
June 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Congratulations on your daughter's marriage. When you have time we'd love to see some pics! Enjoy your relaxation with hubby! Sounds like you need it for sure. I know I would if I was in your boat or I guess it's in your shoes. hahaha!