PDA

View Full Version : Thursday already!

Blondie
June 27th, 2013, 06:19 AM

Good Morning Folksies! (or afternoon, evening, spring, summer, fall, month, year, decade, century - hoping I have all my bases covered here)

I got up super early this morning because I went to bed super early last evening. We have been having afternoon thunderstorms roll through every day about 4-5 pm. Yesterday was quite a vicious one and we lost power. I am not sure exactly when it came back on, because I told hubs, it was lights out for me too before it was totally dark outside. I don't let that stuff bother me, nothing I can do about it. It is always a perfectly acceptable reason to go lie down and be still. So, when I woke up about 3 am, wide awake and ready for my coffee, imagine how happy I was to find the electricity back on. Hubs informed me that he told me when it came back on and I just snorted in my sleep. I don't snort! I don't snore! I have never once heard myself do either. But if Luscious says I snorted, well, that's better to come from that end than from the other. I am not responsible for what happens when I am asleep.

Today already feels like a Friday because I had to work yesterday morning. I should put something, anything, in the crock pot and be ready for another round of storms this evening, I imagine. I was not prepared yesterday and when the power went out, so did we - to a fast food joint, coupons in hand. LOL. For Karen's why is it thread I could have written, why is it when I am already aggravated about having to go out and eat junk food because I only have enough cash for what I can get with a coupon, the one working the register is being trained by a manager and even the manager manages to screw up my order?

Have a marvelous Thursday everyone. SMILE!

MRoy
June 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Good morning! Can't stay but a minute, gotta leave early to travel to the state capitol for a meeting. The Governor wants my advice...just kidding!! Big thunderstorms yesterday and last night missed us, but it looks like it could start pouring rain any minute. Blondie, I've heard myself snore a few times, just as I was going to sleep. I couldn't deny it any more after that!

aliaslaceygreen
June 27th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Good morning.... yes, Blondie, those storms were pretty horrid! We didn't loose power this time, but the city was acting like we would, going so far as to post on Facebook the most ignored advice EVER--Treat powerless traffic lights like a four way.... yeah....just TRY to get onto 301 from a side street when we have no power!

Yesterday, you just couldn't pop my happy bubble--I was glued to my phone waiting for the court results....

Well, off to the place to do the thing to make the dough...but at least the manager is gone for a week! Then home to soothe the DH...his son is continuing to make stupid life choices that make my husband wonder about whether he was a good father.... sigh....

Take care all!

Monique
June 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning good people. On a high today. Kiddos arriving tonight. Blondie, apparently I snore like a lumberjack, or so I have been told. Can't be me, can it? I have woken myself up on occasion.

An update on my niece's missing dogs: I just checked her facebook page, and there has been a possible sighting, and I use that term loosely. No other news to report there and thank you all for your prayers for the safe return of the puggles.

Another usual work day and another quilting day for me :D :icon_woohoo: . Have a great day all. We have another long weekend coming up. :icon_woohoo:

Mpyles
June 27th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I am still on my vacation and even though...one of the criteria for everyone on the trip was that we had Internet.....it seems to suck here!! It's very spotty and one minute it works and the next it doesn't. I am not willing to follow a wifi signal around but this morning, on my balcony....there is a signal...though weak at times and heck who I knows....by the time I type all of this I could lose it!

It's beautiful here, the weather with the exception of the evening waterspouts and tornados...yea you heard me right...they have had tornados while we were here....now imagine our surprise us missouri girls from tornado alley thinking we were getting away from that!! When we arrived Monday evening....we had to stay on the plane over an hour due to lightning....and our cell phones were going off due to the storm warnings...lol....it hasn't slowed us down a bit. We are having a wonderful time!! Gonna sit here and read the forum a bit and catch up with all of you! Here is a photo of my view this morning....beautiful....50165

Everyone have a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Wow Mary! What a beautiful view! Have a great vacation!

I m winding down on my bridal salon job, just one more day next week, then my seasonal work is finished. They hired me to get over the June bride rush, now we're looking at slower weeks so they don't need that many seamstresses. Can't say I'm sad, but a little extra spending money was great! They'll call me back for the September rush, then things go quiet for the winter.

Guess you saw what the genius Karen did with my green screen photo shoot picture! I posted that picture and she whipped that out in 20 minutes! What a woman! I really got a thrill out of that, Karen, it is so cool!

Off to the costume dungeon today, I really need to tidy up a bit down there, it isn't starting off too clean, I know what it will look like when I'm done, like tornado alley hits a fabric store! I was looking for some scrap fabric, and found two clutches of quilting fabrics I had forgotten about, need to get that into the sorted stash. Looks like I have my work cut out for me today!

Have a great day!

ilive2craft2
June 27th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good Morning all! It has been reported that I snore too.....oh well...life is too short to get hung up about something I can't control :)

Mary, your view is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it - enjoy your vacation!

Got my mug rug finished up last night for the swap, I have a mailing date of tomorrow, so I am excited I have something done on time. :) I am behind on my dresden swap - my template came late and my buddy is aware of the issue. Should be able to finish it up tonight.

We finalized stuff with the contractors this week - we will be living in a construction zone without a kitchen and 1 bathroom for about 5 weeks.....already can't wait until it is done and they haven't even started yet - they come the last week in July.

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go...gotta pay for this quilting addiction somehow :) Hugs and prayers for everyone!

Iris Girl
June 27th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Just popping in for a sec before work. Hope everyone has a great day. it looks like another HHH day here. storms have threatened last few days but all we get are a few drops. at least I got the 2 skirts for work shortened and hemmed..who would thunk that I would need to shorten something...that was the reason I started making clothes in the early 70's because everything was too short for me. tonight will be an easy day since yesterday between all the sewing and cookin' I want to relax... we did banana bread and a wonderful seafood mac n' cheese that everyone loves , so could only find a small piece of banana bread left to go with the tea this morning. ..oh well better it goes in someones belly then days later in the garbage. hugs to all who need and want them.

Gayle Russell
June 27th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Good morning! I reportedly "breathe loud", imagine that! I'm sitting here by my open door enjoying the fresh air before it hits 100 deg. A busy day for me....trying to get myself motivated. I'm an RN, working in Home Health. I get paid to drive around the beautiful Texas Hill Country! That means I am in and out of my car MANY times a day, lugging my laptop and my medical bag. I call it my "bag of magic tricks". :) Hope everyone has a wonderful day! PS...some rain here would be very welcome!

MayinJerset
June 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Just a quickie Hello from me, AC tech was scheduled for 9:30am and arrived at 8:30 with me sitting at the computer in my robe drinking my first cup of coffee. Be back after tech leaves to catch up with everyone's doings. May

Grandma G
June 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning all! Blondie - your comment about not snoring made me laugh. Two weekends ago when my 7 year old grandson was spending the weekend he decided I needed to take him to see the animated movie "Epic". So, off we go and at some point after the first 15 minutes my grandson nudged me and said, "Grandma, you fell asleep." So I sat up straight and acted like I knew what I was watching until I got the nudge again with a comment, "Grandma, you fell asleep, AGAIN!" When I asked him how he knew I was sleeping he told me because I was making noise. So I behaved from then on out. Gosh, for some reason that movie didn't seem long at all... :icon_rolleyes:

Today - need to sandwich the quilt I am working on for my little guy. It came together really well. My DH gave his stamp of approval and thinks it is adorable and can't wait for our grandson to see it. I will post photos when completed.

Have a great day y'all!!

Mom23
June 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Good Morning All,
Yesterday was a productive day for me. I finished quilting a baby quilt and will put the binding on today. A friend is coming over this afternoon for a session of "Stitch and Bitch" so that will be a good project to work on. I started quilting a Chevron baby quilt and can't wait to get it done and put on Show and Tell. It was so simple and is by far my favorite quilt so far. My goal is to finish it before bedtime tonight. I also cut out 5 quilt kits for Project Linus. One of the quilt guild ladies will be by today to pick them up. Tomorrow I will clean up my sewing room for one last time before our trip next week. Won't be sewing much during the entire month of July. We leave next Tuesday for a Cruise/Land Tour of Alaska. I'm still debating taking my little Hexi kit. Decision will be made when I pack this weekend and determine if there is room!

Gerri, I just glanced at your story of going to the movie with your grandson. That is so funny!!

Jean, I've missed you on the forum and will be glad when you get caught up and start posting your lovelies again. The costumes were beautiful. You do awesome work.

Have a great day!!

cyndiofthevortex
June 27th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Today will be a day of sewing, housework and gardening. My DS and his lovely wife are coming for supper on Saturday night and I think I have fabric in every room of the house. I haven't yet put the fabric away that I bought at the Keepsake Annual Sale earlier this month. I don't want to put it away it is so pretty! I grabbed a few pieces yesterday and whipped up some simple star blocks. I love playing with batiks. Their colors are so rich and lovely. We've had days of hot sun with afternoon storms and it seems my gardens just love it. Unfortunately flowers and weeds alike are growing like...what's that expression again? I'll be busy today but I will make sure to get some sewing in between chores. All work and no play make Cyndi a dull girl.

Lindagie
June 27th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Hi all; was planning to shop yesterday, but DH decided to cut the grass so I continued to clean my laundry room and closet; found stuff in there that I didn't know I had. Today am shopping for dgd's birthday and lunch out with the girls. DH is going to visit some friends who are on the sick list. The rest of the cleaning will just have to wait, as I'm sure the cleaning lady isn't going to come over while we are gone. Jk! :lol:

Last night DD had appointments near here so she had dinner and spent the night with us. We had fun looking at old pictures and going through her t-shirts for her track quilt. She found her basketball shorts and t-shirt from Middle School, which was a hoot! She even tried it on and it still fit her. Had to take a picture of that one! Either that outfit was super big, or she has just gotten taller since then.

Mary, jealous of your view; so beautiful! No way you couldn't be enjoying that scene. And Robin; your trip sounds like a lot of fun as well. I always hear great things about the Alaskan tours. Have fun!

My DH says that I snore.He snores so loud, he couldn't possibly know if I do or not. I know that the dogs snore for sure. Maybe I should put the tape recorder on some night and see if we are all in synch!
Gerri; love your story about the movie with your grandson. :)

Gotta get ready to roll so I can mail some things on the way to meet the girls. I may get the mug rug out today, or is that acceptable to mail a day early? Hope all the rain and storms are out of the area by now for everyone. Have a great day!

MayinJerset
June 27th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I'm back, AC tech finished a few minutes ago and our AC is running smoothly and very quietly. New system came with 10 year warranty of parts and labor so it was a no pay visit.

While tech was working I got laundry sorted and began pinning a little blue and yellow baby quilt for first grandchild of a family friend. Didn't know what I was getting into as her DS and his wife are also expecting. I make these little quilts from leftover fabrics and batting. They are small and lightweight, just the thing for a newborn especially for the summer months.

Have to find the grad card I bought last week, this Sunday is a family party for one of my great nephews who graduated high school the other day. Joey is a nice hardworking kid who wants to be a pharmacist. Will put him in touch with DS#1 who is a pharmacist and could give him some good advice, Joey has applied to the same school as DS#1 attended.

toggpine
June 27th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Good Morning!

It's raining here. Kind of the off and on thing. I'm not really complaining as it keeps the gardens watered and the bill down! I talked to the hay lady yesterday, and if the weather goes like they are predicting, they will start cutting fields tomorrow. I must not be raining there!

I made good progress on the hand-dye quilt yesterday. I'm having problems with my needle wanting to jam the fabric into the hole on the throat plate every time I chain piece another block. I have dusted, re-threaded, and changed needles. I have even changed sizes and types of needles.
While I am out today I may stop and pick up some of the microtex needles by Schemtz. After poking around on their site yesterday most of the needles are slightly rounded at the tip. The micro ones are sharp points. This fabric reminds me of some of the batiks withe the silky feel and the tight weave. I've found a way to work with what I have, but I have a tub of these fabrics left to play with. I don't really want to fight them every time I want to use them, so I'll see if a needle style change fixes the problem.

I have about 30 minutes before I have to go get ready for a farm visitor. Let see if I can knock out a few more seams!

You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Granny Judy
June 27th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Stopping by for a visit.. am getting ready to spruce up the place a bit for some company that will be here tomorrow. They always call a couple o' days ahead of time.. thank YOU. Was wondering about fixing a few snacks since they will be here in the afternoon and leave just before Dinner hour. Need to consult with DD#2.

It is clear up here, finally. Seems like we have been having rains just about everyday. Good for green growing things, but not my arthritis. And perhaps this over use of Kleenex is from allergies and not a Summer cold. Anyhow I'm just glad to be able to come along and say howdy do to all.

Hope your day brings lots of Sunshine and Smiles.

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Judy, you are so sweet, I love it when you "stop by for a visit", hope your company is just as enjoyable as you are.

Mary - that view is spectacular, I wouldn't want to go home!

Robin - I would take the hexi kit if you have room. Better to have it and not use it than want it and not have it. I'm sure you will have some down time here and there and it will probably relax you.

Gerri - Hahahahahaha! I loved that!

Monique - Still hoping and praying for those sweet dogs.

Blondie - thanks for your daily smiles - you always make my day brighter!
I have been known to talk while in a deep sleep, breathe heavily while on my back and snore once in a great while when I have a cold or allergies. . . but, my DH is just the same, so we are both ok with that. Just this week I was dreaming that I was in a quilt shop [imagine that!] and couldn't help myself from taking adorable quilted bibs out of a basket and draping them so that the cute patterns could be seen better. In the course of doing that [in my dream] a couple of little girls and their mother stole my purse and took off running into the parking lot. I was trying to make my mouth work to yell that the little girl had stolen my purse. I guess I got it to sort of work as I slurred out the message. Then my husband laughed and asked if I was alright. I guess I responded, "My mouth isn't working very good right now, and I'm dreaming!" Managed to get my purse back in my dream before I woke up to start the day. lol.

Have an awesome day everyone!
~Hugs, Sheri

janluna
June 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hi Everyone! I've been sewing my DGD Laura's Bow Tuck Purse, that I am making for her birthday. I love this pattern. The directions are wonderful and the purse just puts itself together. lol
Hope everyone is doing ok. Prayers being said for everyone. We all have such problems that I try to cover everybody.:icon_bigsmile: Oh well, at least you all are being prayed for.
Love you all, Hugs, Jan L.

Precious1
June 27th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone. Browsing thru the forum I came across this post. What a wonderful way to start the day. I hope everyone has or is having an awesome day. Enjoy every moment of it. Sending happy thoughts and blessings to everyone.