PDA

View Full Version : Update on Richard.

mom4him
June 26th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I hope this is ok. I wanted to give you all an update and couldn't seem to find my original post, too tired to look very hard. LOL So decided to just start a new thread.

Richard was better today. He was able to eat all meals today. The first day of that since Friday. He was much more alert and strength also much improved. He will be in there for a while though. He will see a surgeon tomorrow morning(was supposed to be this morning but things got messed up) but it look certain that he will be having surgery this next Monday. We are both pretty happy about that. Maybe then he won't have the threat of dealing with this all the time.

His IV went south but not a big deal as they have him on oral meds now. They will have to get one going on Monday but hopefully by then his veins will be healed enough that it won't take 3 hrs.

I so appreciate you people and the prayers and encouraging notes. It has been strengthening to say the least. You guys are such a blessing.

auntiemern
June 27th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Continued prayers.

Madeforyouinma11
June 27th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Thank you for the update..will continue to send prayers your way.

I found your original post....it's under your recently started threads. Just in case you needed to refer back to it.

Kaytessa
June 27th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Continuing to pray for all of you., for the doctors and caregivers too and for the success of the surgery and a awesome speedy recovery.

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Hang in there Sandy! We're still praying for you too.

Sew Perfect
June 27th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Always thinking of your family.

mom4him
June 27th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks, ladies. Woke up really early this morning so I checked in her quick and will then be getting ready to head up there. I do appreciate the pray so much. Being a C6 quad surgery always holds a few hiccups that most people don't face so it seems it always takes a bit longer for him than most to recover. He is such an amazing man though. Once he can hold his typing stick in his hand he is ready to start to work. LOL I has restricted breathing on his best days so anesthesia can be tricky. The good thing is his lungs are always clear, always. Never had even a hint of congestion in them, ever.

This board has been such a blessing to me since the day I joined but the last wk those blessings have been doubled.

Monique
June 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

ilive2craft2
June 27th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Happy to hear an update and such a positive sounding one! On oral meds already? That is great. Praying that he continues to heal and get stronger this week in time for the surgery on Monday and that the surgery is successful and recovery is quick. Glad that the notes you are receiving from all of us are helpful to you. Know that many prayers for your family are being said.

baslp
June 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the update. I have been thinking of you and your family. Hang in there!
Beth

HandsOffItsMine
June 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Our continued prayers and a special super hug for you Sandy! Huggers, Ruby and Don

dwil23
June 27th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Continuing to pray for you all. I think a new thread is perfect - it's easier to know when you post an update.

lilmouse
June 27th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Keeping you and your family in prayer! Also sending hugs your way!

MayinJerset
June 27th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Sandy, Thanks for keeping us informed and we are all keeping your son and you in our prayers for a great outcome. Hugs, May

mom4him
June 27th, 2013, 12:10 PM
The surgeon was just in and Richard might be able to have his surgery TOMORROW! Not sure yet. If not, then it will be Monday for sure.
Appreciate your prayer support in this. Tomorrow would be wonderful as it would knock off at least 3 days to his stay but mostly I desire Gods perfect timing.

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Sandy, praying for the Lord to guide the surgeon and to bless Richard [and YOU] Hold fast to your faith and your friends.

mom4him
June 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM
We got a time tomorrow morning at 10:30. I think he breathed a sigh of relief when the PA told him. He is such an active person dispite being confined to a chair that feeling good(and he really is feeling good today) and laying in bed just goes completely against his whole being.
It is going to be a 2 1/2 hr surgery. That is longer than he has ever had to be put under other than when he was first hurt. I know that God's hand has been in getting this all arranged. Your prayer support has been wonderful.

Iris Girl
June 27th, 2013, 07:13 PM
well wishes to you and your son

baslp
June 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Sandy-- Glad to hear that they were able to schedule the surgery for tomorrow, and it did not have to wait until Monday. Do they have a potential discharge date?
Beth

SallyO'Sews
June 27th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Rejoicing with you, Sandy; will continue to pray! Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

BellasQuilts
June 28th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Keep us updated. Prayers going up now for all of you.