PDA

View Full Version : Forum members meeting Fabric bought of course too

HdWench
June 26th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I had plans for us to slowly trek from Arizona up to Northern Ohio via Jean off the 270 by-pass in St. Louis then into Effingham to meet Robin.

I'm sorry Jean, as it seems I'm not clever at driving (or following DH's MIS-Directions) so I wound up downtown with a Beautiful view of the Arch!! Gosh when they built it, my folks took us up it from Arnold Missouri. The rocking up in the Arch scared me so I could almost not look down, only hugged the wall... Must nicer to see it driving by. So we got up to Effingham and parked for 2 days.

Robin came over and met the cats, but BEST of all - we made a trip to her favorite quilt shop and Shop we both did!! They had great fat quarters for a camping type cabin style quilt (in my future or for a Quilt4Kids), and I really, really TRIED to resist the Stonehedge Christmas colors - but Robin can tell you they had on display the most amazing quilt using these colors so I had to buy a huge package of that fabric :-)

:icon_wave: Robin, it was great to meet you and thank you so much for a fun trip to your quilt shop -- an easy drive from the campground if anyone get's over that way!

Stopped to see other friends (Rhonda and Mike) that live near Dayton and nother 2 days of sitting down time - Cats were very happy with these longer stops

We are finally at the campground in northern Ohio (near Madison), and I've got my laptop and sewing table set up. Began with the 1st of 3 huge tubs of scraps cutting them into either 8" or 5" squares, then strips 3" or 2 1/2" for some crazy mixed up quilt.

I can't believe neither of us got out our cameras, but I had fun meeting a forum friend and will find my camera to get photos of my great haul from Effingham!!!

Back finally into sewing or cutting at least to begin. Everything was blessed by an uneventful long trip, DH lost some rubber thing from the top of his tail gate, and 1 door from the 5th wheel is also "somewhere" but neither necessary so all is good!

Happy sewing, cutting or quilting all

:-Debbie in Madison, Ohio now

K. McEuen
June 26th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Hi Debbie! Robin had posted a few days ago that you had stopped in to see her so we knew you'd made it that far. Glad you have settled in for a while now. Funny, last time I saw the arch, it was half built. Never have seen it in person, completed.

I don't blame you for not resisting the Stonehenge fabrics. That stuff is pretty and man, does it ever feel good.

bubba
June 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I love the Stonehenge fabrics too...they are sooo hard to resist!

HdWench
June 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
truly TOO hard to resist!!! I wanted the pink cause colors too - omg they are all just too gorgeous and now I see Jenny Beyer has a marbled line out hmmmm drats!!

Just past you Karen as we stopped about 1/2 hour east of Albuquerque, then onto El Rio, OK for 2 days. Really liked the slower process of moving a few days here and there all the way up north. Good, thought Robin would let everyone know we got that far, and no troubles so it's try and dig around and find that bag of stuff I had to buy!

Must stay away from Stonehedge *MUST* avoid seeing it in person!!!

Mom23
June 26th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Debbie,

Glad you made it to Ohio. I finished the two quilts I bought backing for. Mission accomplished. After the girls get pictures I will get them posted. Have fun sewing in your beautiful home on wheels. You have the perfect set up. I look forward to seeing pictures of your accomplishments.

If anybody else is ever through Effingham let me know, I would love to meet up with you, and maybe even take you to my favorite quilt shop.

ilive2craft2
June 26th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Debbie, glad you are settled again for a bit - if you pass back through Illinois on your way home, I would be happy to meet up with you somewhere - I am in Central IL in Bloomington-Normal, but am willing to travel. :) Robin, I am giong to have to make a road trip some day to visit you. I had so much fun meeting with Granny Judy a while back - she is as sweet as can be!

New York Sue
June 26th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Deb, if you have plans to edge in on PA and NY, I have a great list of locally-owned quilt shops.
HAPPY TRAILS, my friend!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Oh, Debbie! So sorry you were MISdirected, but I'm glad you got to see the arch and Robin! Enjoy your stay up here in tornado country, it really is pretty hot here too! Have fun with your fabrics!

Sandy Navas
June 26th, 2013, 11:45 PM
And you bought all that Stonehedge to share in a swap, right? I don't know how I resisted buying some charms when my LQS had it on sale . . . guess the thought of paying off a credit card bill and not having a quilt in mind. But isn't it just fantastic? Jealous . . .

Glad you are settled, looking for some photos . . . soon, right?

auntiemern
June 27th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Meeting forum friends is the best. So looking forward to October.