PDA

View Full Version : Why Is It?

K. McEuen
June 26th, 2013, 05:18 PM
That the school bus and the garbage truck have the loudest, squeakiest brakes on the planet and both come by the house at the crack of dawn?

What's your "why is it?"

HdWench
June 26th, 2013, 06:34 PM
:lol: omg YES!!!

Why is it .... no matter how much you plan ahead you WILL forget something important on a trip?

Off to buy new scissors *sigh* :icon_heh:

Hulamoon
June 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Why is it when you are watching a favorite show the monthly siren goes on for five minutes?

Iris Girl
June 26th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Why is it when you have 10 mins before time for you to go home, a customer with their cart heaping full comes to your register, and wants to use 3 coupons, do a return and have 2 items with no price/upc

HdWench
June 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Why is it when you have 10 mins before time for you to go home, a customer with their cart heaping full comes to your register, and wants to use 3 coupons, do a return and have 2 items with no price/upc

lmbo I can SO relate to this!!!! At faire we open from 9-7pm and just at the dot of 6:55 someone wants to not only try stuff on, BUT act like they MUST have it right then.... Sorry been open all day, we are exhausted and "those" people normally don't wind up a sale get OUT and go home to sober up hehehehe

((((Iris)))) and use Coupons roflmao!!

K. McEuen
June 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
:lol: omg YES!!!

Why is it .... no matter how much you plan ahead you WILL forget something important on a trip?

Off to buy new scissors *sigh* :icon_heh:

It's either deodorant or my hair dryer.

K. McEuen
June 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM

One of the many reasons I stopped working in retail ...

SallyO'Sews
June 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Why is it that I can juggle a purse, lunch bag, and two cups of coffee on my way into work, and only spill my coffee when I'm wearing my white top, and only after I walk into my office?

Sandy Navas
June 26th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Why is it when I'm feeling quite generous and extremely happy and open doors for someone they walk through without so much as a Thank You?

auntiemern
June 27th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Why is that DD calls me 10 minutes before she leaves for work to inform that I am watching the kids. Gimme a dang schedule already.

K. McEuen
June 27th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Why is it that I can juggle a purse, lunch bag, and two cups of coffee on my way into work, and only spill my coffee when I'm wearing my white top, and only after I walk into my office?

Ugh, one reason I only try to buy print tops. I think I have a hole in my chin.

Why is it when I'm feeling quite generous and extremely happy and open doors for someone they walk through without so much as a Thank You?

Do what I do, Sandy. Smile sweetly and say "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I was doing you a favor. Go back out/in again so I can let the door slam in your face."

Why is that DD calls me 10 minutes before she leaves for work to inform that I am watching the kids. Gimme a dang schedule already.

Smack her! My daughter does the same thing when asking if I can take her to work.

Sew Perfect
June 27th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Why is it DD and her DB come over with 2 pies when I'm trying to lose weight and leave the pies at my house for me to be tempted by? AND...why is it that I fall into that temptation?

Mchelem
June 27th, 2013, 05:32 AM

Or they come in at 8:50 for "just one thing" knowing you close at 9

Blondie
June 27th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Sitting here just giggling my backside off. Y'all are too entertaining.

Why is it that I can order charm packs and when they arrive I can't remember what I was planning on making with them?

Evilynn
June 27th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Why is it that when you finally think the financial part gets better a hundred thousands bills fly into your mail box????

Nidan_07
June 27th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Why is it that I know I should not really be spending money to buy more fabric for my stash and projects.... but keep doing it anyway?

Sew Perfect
June 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Why is it that I still can't sleep?

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Why is it every time I sit down for a little me time, my DH or my kids think that is the time to put in their requests for my assistance?

HdWench
June 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Why is it when I've time to sit down and cut anything, DH thinks he need to chat about nothing important AT ALL!!!??? blah blah blah

rebeccas-sewing
June 27th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Why is it that as the years pass I feel no different on the inside, but when I look in the mirror I wonder who that is staring back at me?

bkthomas
June 27th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Karen is bored - I think my sister and her would get along very very well!
They seem to share the same attitude......

K. McEuen
June 27th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Why is it every time I sit down for a little me time, my DH or my kids think that is the time to put in their requests for my assistance?

Why is it when I've time to sit down and cut anything, DH thinks he need to chat about nothing important AT ALL!!!??? blah blah blah

OOOhhhh, I have those people in my house too! I used to read non-stop, but the issue with that is that every single time I sat down with a book hubby, who can go a week without talking, started jabbering away to the point I couldn't read.

K. McEuen
June 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Why is it that as the years pass I feel no different on the inside, but when I look in the mirror I wonder who that is staring back at me?

I had this discussion with my brother in law about 10 years ago. He said he didn't feel any different inside than he did when he was 18, but his body was letting him down. There are mornings when I look in the mirror I wonder when I got old.

K. McEuen
June 27th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Karen is bored - I think my sister and her would get along very very well!
They seem to share the same attitude......

It was a very slow forum day yesterday. I'm starting to feel like we are winning the war on spammers and didn't have much to do while I was sitting there with my feet up. ;)

K. McEuen
June 27th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Why is it that I know I should not really be spending money to buy more fabric for my stash and projects.... but keep doing it anyway?

That one is easy. Because you are a QUILTER. It's what we do, no matter how many of us say we are on a fabric diet.

pcbatiks
June 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Why is it that I still can't sleep?

Or.....why is it you can't hold your eyes open standing up at 7 pm but wait until 11pm and you are wide awake!?!?

Gayle Russell
June 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Why is it no one can leave the remote on the end table? Why, when I have FOUR cordless phones in my house, I can't find a single one???

Hulamoon
June 28th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Why is that my next door neighbor uses me as a dog training tool? I walk out to the street to get my mail and stop to chat. Her dog jumps on me ( shepard mix) so I back up while she say's 'no'. I back up again and she tells me don't back up, I'm trying to teach him to listen. I back up again from the jump and he grabbed my hand. For gosh sakes woman. I didn't say anything, but I'm going to avoid her walks. lol

K. McEuen
June 28th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Why is that my next door neighbor uses me as a dog training tool? I walk out to the street to get my mail and stop to chat. Her dog jumps on me ( shepard mix) so I back up while she say's 'no'. I back up again and she tells me don't back up, I'm trying to teach him to listen. I back up again from the jump and he grabbed my hand. For gosh sakes woman. I didn't say anything, but I'm going to avoid her walks. lol

When the dog jumps up, raise your knee. After a few tines of getting a knee to the chest he will stop jumping on you and she'll have to find someone else to practice on.

MartinaG
June 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
When the dog jumps up step on his hind legs. They learn fast.

SallyO'Sews
June 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Oh, that's easy... You keep coming on the forum and looking at those delicious Daily Deals and the Show & Tell page! :D