PDA

View Full Version : Update on my life.....

Klasien
June 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Last saturday my DD Roselique and I had the best time, we went to see Bruce and ended on the 5th row.....he was outstanding, and the concert went on for 3,5 hours.
Roselique is a big fan now, so from now on I have a concert buddy.... :)

Sunday we had a bbq at our house with friends, so back to the real world right away, we had a great time and the food was very very good.

Monday I had to go to work in prison, there is a final result on all the policital stuff going on around prisons in the Netherlands, prison where I work will be closing on the 1st of January 2014.....so within 6 months I will lose my job....

Tuesday, I had to go in to the hospital for the MRI scan of my right knee, the doctor wants to examen 1 knee at the time, so I went in and now I have to wait till next tuesday for the results of the scan to come in.

Wednesday (today) my mom called, next monday my dad has to go into the hospital for some tests, stomach and bowel screening, so that is not a fun thing to go through.....

Tomorrow, Roselique will turn 19 and it is our 29th wedding anniversary

Next week I also need another scan of my right eye......20% sight left........so I have to get that checked also again, my left eye can take it all, that is 120% sight, so I am not really missing on a lot, but it is strange to know that only 1 eye is doing the job :(

I enclose some pictures, one is my almost 19 year old daughter Roselique and I all ready to go and see Bruce, the other one......well.........hmmmm.....okay I am 51 time to grow up LOL (I took that picture, that is how close we where at the stage!)

Long post, but there is a lot going on in our life at the moment, I need to work real hard to get everything back to normal, in 3 weeks we will fly out to USA for a 3 week vacation, after that my Missouri trip is right around the corner!

Madeforyouinma11
June 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Wow! You do have a lot going on...but at least some of it is good stuff. Looks like you had a great time at the concert.
Will keep you and your dad in my prayers that all tests and procedures go smoothly. (((((Hugs)))))

asta
June 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I agree, that is a lot of stuff going on, Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
Beth

rebeccas-sewing
June 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM
How on earth did you get tickets so close to the stage? I can't get over it lasting 3.5 Hours! Talk about getting your money's worth! I love the picture of you and your daughter.

Sew Perfect
June 26th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Wow is right! You are one busy lady. I am glad your left eye has such good sight in it, but man...the other is not good. As for your knees, I hope it is nothing serious. I think of you often and will now add you to my prayer list.

I'm so glad you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves at Bruce's concert. It looks and sounds like great fun!

Klasien
June 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM
How on earth did you get tickets so close to the stage? I can't get over it lasting 3.5 Hours! Talk about getting your money's worth! I love the picture of you and your daughter.

We had normal fieldtickets....but we where at the park at 10:00 am....the concert started 19:30 pm, so we've been the lucky ones and the waiting payed of.....I always go that early, every concert of him I've been to I had a front of stage place!

quilter.martha
June 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
What a great picture of you and your daughter! Happy birthday to her, and happy anniversary to you and your DH! We celebrated our 30th yesterday!

HdWench
June 26th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Klasien, so sorry to hear about your knees and your one eye, then your dad also going in for testing! Please know you are in my prayers and we are all looking forward to meeting you in October! What a great photo of you and your daughter, she certainly has your sparkle in her eyes. How cool to be THAT close at the concert and it sounds like it was a great time to bond again.

Happy Birthday Roselique and a very Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

Bailey65
June 26th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Sorry to hear you got all this gong on :( Mom and daughter are both beautiful ladies ( and I love your shirt)!
Thinking of you (((Hugs)))

Sandy Navas
June 27th, 2013, 12:10 AM
And Douwe and Lilian? How be they?

Love the pictures . . .

ilive2craft2
June 27th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Klasien, you sure have a plate full! Glad some of it is good stuff - being that close to the boss, I don't know what I would have done! Hope all of the test results for you and your dad come out ok - will keep you in my prayers.

auntiemern
June 27th, 2013, 01:10 AM
You look great going to the concert. Have you in my prayers for your eyes and knees. Can't wait to see you in September.

pcbatiks
June 27th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Klasien,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Glad you and your daughter had a great time at the concert.

Add my prayers with everyone elses.........sorry to hear you have so much going on at one time. I will be thinking of you.

Evilynn
June 27th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Dear Klasien!

Sounds like you had a fun concert with your daughter together. I like that you will also have a concert buddy in future :)

I am sorry you have to go through the health related stuff at the moment and also knowing that you will lose your job won't make anything easier :( I certainly hope that everything will turn out better for you in the future and I keep my fingers crossed and you in my thoughts!

Many hugs,

Steffie

Blondie
June 27th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Wonderful pictures, Klaisen! Life can sure throw curve balls at us at the least expected time, but, you are handling all with grace, humor and positive attitude. You are much loved and prayed for!

Iris Girl
June 27th, 2013, 06:15 AM
great pics looks like you both had a great time. well wishes coming your way for your eyes and knees.

HandsOffItsMine
June 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
You know you are in our prayers and that we hope that the doctors will find the best way to deal with your eyes and knees.

Thankfully the positives are outweighing the negatives...that should keep your spirits going right? :) Look at your girl, what a beauty and a partner in crime at The Boss concert! lol

Your upcoming trips to the USA! So much fun to be had!! Keep the positive thoughts going! Work, you can cut hair from your home salon and sell your sewing creations on FB, Etsy, Markets, Bazaars, etc. You have soooo many talents, you will be fine. Plus you live in Holland, you have safety nets. :)

Huggers, Ruby

WendyI
June 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Love how positive you are in spite of all that is going on!! You look so happy with your daughter before the concert and Bruce is still lookin great at his age...I'm not a fan of his voice, but appreciate his writing abilities for sure. So lucky to be able to enjoy that day with him and your daughter. Sounds like you have some bumps ahead but then a fantastic summer planned! Enjoy!

MayinJerset
June 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Great happy photo of you and your beautiful DD. Nice one of Bruce too, lucky you seeing and hearing him up close. I did get a closer look at him once as we passed on the highway but he wasn't singing or playing at the time.

Hope you receive some good health news soon. May

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Klasien, you have the most graceful aire about you. Your photo's are lovely, you even manage to look adorable when you are just having some fun. I truly hope all goes well for you and your family.