PDA

View Full Version : Rah rah sis boom bah!!!

bubba
June 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM
So, on top of all the worry last week w/my husband and the return of his tumor (I'm starting to sound like a soap opera, I just realized!), on June 1, he was laid off work. He made himself a nice long list of things he was going to get done prior to looking for a new job (he is getting severance for several months, so it was not that urgent). Anyway, a friend of ours has started a computer consulting business and as of last night, he is gainfully re-employed!!

Our next topic of conversation could be, because of all the undue stress he has caused me, the topic of longarms again.........

If my next post is from the beyond, you may now know why! :lol:

Don't worry, he would never ever harm me in anyway....that last line is just a joke!

MayinJerset
June 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
When one door closes another one is sure to open, happy to hear DH has another job but there go all the things he was going to take care of around the house. T

bubba
June 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I'm trying not to laugh!!!! His list was to -

finish siding the house
clean the garage roof
finish the new TV room (that used to be the old kitchen)
put up trim in the new kitchen
clean his old office out

What he has done -
cleaned the island in the kitchen
loaded the truck w/branches for the dump
caused me to almost have a mental breakdown...

That man!

K. McEuen
June 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM
He may not harm you but he might take your computer away! :icon_heh:

Glad to hear he had a job again.

bubba
June 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm at work!!! Let him take it!!! hahahahahah!!!

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2013, 05:08 PM
If Al made a list of things to do he'd lose it before the day was over and forget he even attempted a list, let alone try to accomplish something off said list.

Glad your hubby is back to being gainfully employed.

lilmouse
June 25th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Glad to hear he is employed again.....now you just have to work on him with the "honey do list". LOL Good Luck!

cyndiofthevortex
June 25th, 2013, 05:48 PM
You are too funny! I love those two lists. I can completely relate. Good thing for them we love 'em.

Hope he LOVES the new job. It's so nice to get to do what you love. I guess that's why we don't just quilt, we come here and talk about quilting! Now where did I put that rotary cutter...

dwil23
June 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Great to hear everything is working out for you! Well, everything except for the TV room, kitchen, siding, garage roof and a clean office:icon_happy:

HandsOffItsMine
June 25th, 2013, 06:37 PM
If Al made a list of things to do he'd lose it before the day was over and forget he even attempted a list, let alone try to accomplish something off said list.

Glad your hubby is back to being gainfully employed.

You soooo crack me UP!!

HandsOffItsMine
June 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Good to hear you guys life is fun of sunshine again. :) Now you can hire a handyman to come in and finish off that list!

Now about that longarm...Yes you deserve that puppy 'cause I'm sure you have enough additional gray hair and wrinkles to proof the stress that man has caused you. :D

New York Sue
June 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Amazing what life throws us...
SO glad to hear he got another position. You've got to be doing the 'happy dance', in these times!

Sew Perfect
June 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
One trial after another! Life can be like a rose...thorny and prickley, or sweet like perfume. Sometimes we climb through the thorns to get to the best part. Right now, you're getting to the best part.

Monique
June 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM
That is great news about his re-employment. And YES, you deserve that machine after what he put you through. LOL!!

Miss Sheri
June 25th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Bubba, I'm delighted to hear that his unemployment so so very brief. It is a wonderful thing to have a handy husband, even if they usually are too busy to be handy at home. :D Just enjoy each day, and if the 'stuff' gets done, great, if not...it's not usually vital.

Musical_Starling
June 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM
If I gave The Giant a list, I'd have to tattoo it to his forehead...

So happy to hear that DH's unemployment was brief, and as for the list.... Does he get weekends off? ;) Just be sure to save one weekend to put together your new WELL DESERVED longarm :icon_giggle:

aqua-teal71
June 25th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I heard that on the long tax form there is a space for listing a dollar amount for what spouses put each other through, you just have to prove he gave you more stress. In our family it is neck and neck and i am not ashamed;)

SallyO'Sews
June 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Well.... since, as you point out, he IS gainfully employed again, maybe now IS the time for that longarm! :D

WendyI
June 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Congrats on DH getting a new job! God luck with gettin the Longarm!

Nidan_07
June 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hi Bubba,
So glad to hear that DH had such a short venture into unemployment. Am sorry to hear about the list though. I too have a list for my DH, but it seems that as one thing disappears from it, something else is added. So, now my own list consists of:

1. Remind DH about list
2. Remind DH about list
3. Remind DH about list

That about covers everything.
All the best with the Long Arm. I would love dearly to have one some day - Must put it on the list :lol:
Take Care.

MRoy
June 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Congrats on DH's new job! Lists are useless at my house...lol! Good luck with yours!

ilive2craft2
June 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM
That is great about the new job! Hope you get that long arm. :)

Madeforyouinma11
June 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Great news! My husbands job has a union, so he applies the union rules to everything he does around here.....mainly the breaks! Lol

Over40momma
June 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
So nice for good news to shine after the scary storms of fear. I gave up on lists for my DH......ask him to do something more than once a year, he complains I nag. :icon_evil:

Miss Sheri
June 27th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't make Lists for my DH . . . he makes them for ME?!

janluna
June 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM
LOLOLOL You guys are so funny!!! I love this. I never make a list either. Why bother, it's never completed. We have a thing in our house, if you do something, it leads to something else. This is called, "Just one more thing...." If Joe retires, I will do one of two things, either he will go to his dungeon and I will never see him again, or I will go "blank, blanking," Crazy!!! He will dog my steps and ask me a hundred questions and tell me how I should do things. He's not a mean person, he is "helpful" to a fault. He will drive me crazy. Oh well, it will be a short ride, I'm 3/4 of the way there now. He is the love of my life. I have known him since I was 5 years old. We will be married 48 years in September. Or is it 49? I too tired to figure it out. You get the picture. He is so used to telling people what to do because he is the "Boss" that I'm afraid when it is just me and him, he'll start telling me what to do. That will go over like a lead balloon! If he does start doing things around the house, I will be afraid, very afraid. He works in the industrial renovations. When we re-did our house in 1993, he wanted to do everything like a factory! With stuff like 3" cove molding around my "Victorian" living room. He actually put in 3 wind turbines on our roof to keep the attic ventilated. It sounded like the house would lift off any minute on a windy day. He is too funny! I finally got him to take them out. Mind you, our house is only 48 feet long and at the time was only 1100 sq. feet. It's bigger now. He wanted wall to wall industrial carpeting, (not pretty!). He finished our basement, with another living room, an office for him, one for me,????, another bathroom, and a "gym" with weight station and a tread mill that no one ever uses. I told him someday it would be nice to have a porch. He put in a wrap around deck that goes down the front of the house, down the side of the house, to a barb b que deck, which leads to another deck that over looks another deck with a 33 foot, 6 ft. deep above ground pool, that also does not get used. I never tell him what I think would be nice anymore! It immediately gets turned into something that is Hugh! Now he is talking about building a garage with an elevator, so we don't have to climb the 14 stairs it takes to get into the house. While this is a wonderful idea for the days I haul groceries in, I know it will end up being a 5 car finished garage that is bigger than the house, with an elevator meant to haul 50 people up to the 100th floor of a high rise. He is such a believer in, "do it bigger or don't do it at all." LOL What a guy!
He is Amazing! If I don't get him under control now, he will build something on all 9 acres that we own. Men, can't live with them, pass the beer nuts! Hugs, Jan L.

MartinaG
June 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Congrats on the new job. Hope he likes it. As for the list, he sounds like my DH. Pat will go shopping with a list of 5 things. There is a possibility that he will bring home 2 bags of groceries but not one item from the list is in the bags. lol