PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about Yahoo email?

coffeebreak
June 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
As of yesterday, I could click on the username box and a drop down menu would appear of all the email accounts I have and I could click on the one I wanted to use and then it would pop into that box and then I'd put in password and go to email. Now that drop down menu is gone and I have to type the user name in every time. How do I get that drop down menu bacK?

I have asked Yahoo Asks....and got a stupid answer from someone that said to just change servers. I asked Yahoo and only get "we are extremely busy so we will answer as soon as possible"...fair guess that I won't get an answer from yahoo!

Anyone have this problem? I don't use internet via mobile and I have the most recent updates and all that. Seems like such a simple thing that is extremely important, why would they take it away and not say anything. Okay, yeah, I know...that's Yahoo! But still.. I have 6 different email accounts for different things and a family would have an account/username for each person in the family so..it is commonly used.

Any thoughts?

K. McEuen
June 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
That drop down has nothing to do with Yahoo. Someone emptied the cache on your browser and it's no longer in it's memory.

MayinJerset
June 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I have a Yahoo email account and while they are always doing sometime at Yahoo I haven't experienced what you described.

I would try signing into your email account and then adding it to your Favorites (on your tool bar) That is how I save the sites I like to visit often such as my favorite quilting sites and regular email pages. When I want to go to any of them I click on Favorites and then click on the site I want.

Doloris
June 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I had trouble this morning too. the drop down didn't happen, and when I typed in everything, I forgot what my password was. I get some message about not being able to reset online, but to contact Yahoo. I was able to get messages on mobile, and all I get there are digests from a couple yahoo groups, I will wait it out for a couple days and see what happens.

grannyann
June 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Yahoo Inc. plans to release (delete and put up for grabs) inactive
accounts unless the current owner logs in again before July 15. After
that, their Yahoo I.D. will be available to all comers and will be ready
to use again by a new user in mid-August.

If you are inactive and wish to remain a part of your Yahoo Groups you
must log in to your Yahoo account before July 15th or Yahoo will delete
your association with that I.D. which will in effect remove you from ALL
of your Yahoo Groups.

Here is the complete article ~ please pass this information on to your
other groups.

http://news. yahoo.com/ yahoo-release- ids-inactive- email-accounts-
193949485. html
<http://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-release-ids-inactive-email-accounts-1939494\
85.html>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

bakermom
June 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
i have yahoo mail and yesterday sometime between the times I checked in the look changed. Once logged in, everything seems the same. the last time they updated I could no longer access thing like notepad from email but I guess there is a way to add it to preferences but i can't get it to work.
I did see the message saying they were busy. Ya think?? change things with no warning and you tick off a lot of people!

bubba
June 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Wish I could remember if I had a Yahoo account, not to mention a possible password for it!! :0

coffeebreak
June 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yahoo Inc. plans to release (delete and put up for grabs) inactive
accounts unless the current owner logs in again before July 15. After
that, their Yahoo I.D. will be available to all comers and will be ready
to use again by a new user in mid-August.

If you are inactive and wish to remain a part of your Yahoo Groups you
must log in to your Yahoo account before July 15th or Yahoo will delete
your association with that I.D. which will in effect remove you from ALL
of your Yahoo Groups.

Here is the complete article ~ please pass this information on to your
other groups.

http://news. yahoo.com/ yahoo-release- ids-inactive- email-accounts-
193949485. html
<http://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-release-ids-inactive-email-accounts-1939494\
85.html>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Oh, I"m active... I sign in 2-3 times each account every day!

coffeebreak
June 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
That drop down has nothing to do with Yahoo. Someone emptied the cache on your browser and it's no longer in it's memory.

I empty my cache once a week. But the next time I want to log in to email, I do have to type the ID's again, but they stay after the first time. ANd that iswhen it does clear the drop down menu. Sometimes I empty cache and it doesn't clear the drop down menu of ID's. Do you know how to get it back?

Facebook has this same drop down menu for their ID's...it shows all my Yahoo email ID's and it is still there with all the ID options.

auntiemern
June 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM
If you have saved passwords, you can go to tools, then options, and then show passwords. At least that way you should be able to remember your passwords.

twnkeyes
June 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM
According to Yahoo, they got hacked. Last week my husband nor I could log into our accounts nor could we change passwords. After over an hour and 45 mins. on the phone my husband was able to get it fixed. The Yahoo people were very helpful and called the next day to make sure everything was still o.k. I don't know if this has anything to do with what you're finding but it might.

MayinJerset
June 25th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Besides a yahoo email account I also belong to several Yahoo quilt groups. Since I found M*QS forum I hardly go to those sites but think I'll stop by them and post a bit just to make sure I keep them on the active list.

dwil23
June 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I have used yahoo for years and every now and then sometime funky happens. Usually by the next day it's back to normal. I know that's not much help, but I' am so technically challenged that's about all I can offer.

Doloris
June 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I just tried my yahoo account and it finally let me reset my password and let me in. Now to just remember my new password. Everything I tried kept saying your password is weak, please try another password.