PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
June 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM

Happy Tuesday, Folksies!

Yes, yes, yes, it is Tuesday. It will be Tuesday all day long. Since I accomplished absolutely nothing of eternal value yesterday, I do believe I should spend part of my day being constructive and productive. With what I have absolutely no idea. Tomorrow I will have to go into the salon for a client in the morning. I woke up this morning, terrified that I had overslept and missed the appt. I jumped outta da bed and squealed I'm late! Luscious came in to find me throwing a pair of capris on, pulling a t shirt out of a drawer and just stood there and looked at me. I gave him my meanest face and said, Why do you always let me oversleep when I have to be up and ready for work? The good man calmed me down with a fresh cup of coffee and the voice of reason. Good man. Good, good man.

So, here I sit, still sipping the good brew, thankful that it is Tuesday and not Wednesday. I have no where to go, to be and I have leftovers in the fridge, which means I don't have to cook this evening. I told you it was a good day to smile.

Blessings, hugs, prayers to all my quilty family here.

Monique
June 25th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning Blondie. I have been up since 5 when a BIG thunderbolt struck and scared the BEJESUS out me. I could not get back to sleep.

Well I got my BIG roast pan of spaghetti sauce made yesterday. I then proceeded to cut the grass. On a good day, it usually takes me 2 1/2 hours. I have a new lawn mower and it is heavy as heck. My hands are sore this morning and blistered. I got my girlfriend's daughter to come help me. There was no way I could finish. I got two loads of laundry done so today I am ready to tackle another week at work.

Got a call from Greg last night. Looks like he is coming for the long weekend too. And my Jersey girl. House full again. I so love having them all here with me.

I am coming home at lunch time today because hubby and I need to have our pictures taken for our new passports. The price goes up July 1, so we need to get this done ASAP!! And I need to go to the pharmacy and get our prescription meds. We may have friends either today or tomorrow for supper. They are from Las Vegas and are leaving to go back home at the end of the week. I would love to see them before they leave.

Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on their Stanly Cup win. Hubby and I are fans, can you tell?

Another hot and humid day today. Storms are a big possibility again today.

Have a great day friends.

MRoy
June 25th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Good morning! DH brought home his new toy yesterday...a very RED 2009 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 truck. He's wanted a newer truck for so long and I'm tickled for him. This will be his "Sunday truck" for now. The interior needs some cleaning and I got that assignment. Not much else going on here other than everyday things. The grandkids will be flying in from NY on Saturday for their summer visit. Delta no longer has direct flights from Syracuse so they'll have one plane change. They fly with an attendant but I'll still be a nervous wreck until I know they've arrived safely.

Bubby
June 25th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

It was a real scorcher yesterday and we expect more of the same for at least another week. To make it worse the humidity is sky high.

Jeff will soon be off to work and I need to clean the kitchen. I have my big dental procedure Thursday afternoon and want to get the big things done before that. I've had a schedule and so far it's working for me.

I thought I would hear back from my LAQer before now that my DGSs quilt is ready to pick up...maybe today she will call. I know she's covered up with quilts to do. She does all the quilting for a guild in Michigan or Wisconsin and they come to her by the box loads.

Our tomatoes are looking wonderful, but we are having trouble with beatles this year. It seems like the spray only keeps them away for one day.

I wish everyone a great Tuesday...Hugs...

Iris Girl
June 25th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning all! It was a real scorcher here yesterday also, today doesn't look any better. I don't do well in extreme heat, I tend to melt. Work was ok no nasty customers thats always good. I did finish a quilt for Marilyns PICU will post a pic later. Got a top cut out to wear to work, so maybe work on that tonight and tomorrow. Beige/khaki colored tops seem hard to come by in ready wear so am making a couple. Nothing great happening here, just slow going in this heat. Hugs and well wishes to all that need and want them.

Evilynn
June 25th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Good afternoon, all!

This morning I woke up and felt quite ok. Slightly sick but not too much. The sickness pills took care of it. I was even able to help my MIL in the kitchen with making home-made baby food (we made her fruit snacks! When I calculated it through, it was not very economical, tho. Buying the cans is cheaper :( Well, at least I know what she gets this time ;) ) and I baked bread. Now I have chicken in the oven and then I will bake a cake. (At least we didn't heat up the oven for nothing :D )

I might finish the quilt top I have started on Sunday before my chemo. It needs one more seam and then I need to add the border. I made it out of the Jelly Roll that kellied sent me and the yardage she picked along with it. For the backing I might have to order some extra yardage, I will have to see, perhaps I can add some white cotton in the middle as a "cheat". I have a lot white cotton, I don't know why even. :D Once the top is done, I'll post a picture of it. But I can't finish it yet, since I do not have batting at the moment, I will need to pick some up next week. This week I have no trip to the town planned and it can wait! With the left overs of the JR I planned to make a coordinating bag for the Quilt which is thought of as a springly/summerly picknick quilt :)

Once this quilt is finished I have 2 more quilts planned. One is with the pretty Charmpack that Kellie sent (I will order a 2nd one of this to make the quilt!) - I was inspired by a pattern and decided to alterate it a bit for "my" quilt. I will also need yardage for that quilt. And then I have planned a quilt for Janna for which I need a Jelly Roll with 40 strips or 2 JR with 20 strips, it depends for which line I decide. In discussion is "A walk in the woods" by Aneela Hoey for moda (surprise! I just LOVE Aneela Hoey's lines!) and the pretty similar but nontheless as cute collection "Red Riding Hood" by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake. Hmpf. And coordinating yardage - for the top at least. Haven't thought about the backing yet.

Oops. I wrote quite a novel again.

I hope you folksies are all doing fine and everyone may have a hug (whoever wants or needs one!)

Steffie

CrazyMtnLady
June 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Good Morning everyone. I know I have not been around a lot lately but I will try to make some time to sit and catch up with you all.

As Barb said it has been a real sorcher here. My outdoor thermometer actually 100^ yesterday afternoon. We are in for some rain sometime this week which might help tame the heat a bit. I have got the front room pretty much cleaned but still need to shampoo the carpet and clean the windows. Still waiting for the neighbors to come and check out the couch and loveseat to see if they want them. It is nice to get up and not have to worry about going out and feed the horse and mule. I am sure they will love the 80 acres of pasture they are now on at our friends place.

Daniel still has about 2 to 3 weeks before he will be ready to come home. They are still looking for a nice apartment for his step-dad. And then they will have to get him moved.

Take care.

Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
June 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Hi Everyone, Making it quick this morning as we are scheduled to have our new central AC installed today. The installers will be working in the middle of the house and I won't be able to get into our 'office' to reach the computer while they are he so I plan to be upstairs in my sewing room/guest bedroom finishing a few pillowcases. I will also be getting the other guest bedroom/DH's hobby room ready for summer guests. DH has his photography stuff all over furniture, floor and bed, he is the type that puts things down 'for a minute' and a year later they are still sitting there. Then I'll give that bathroom a good thorough cleaning. Have today's chores cut out for me.

Mom23
June 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning All,

After a rainy weekend yesterday was the day to get work done. I worked in our home office all morning, went to meet a friend for lunch but she bailed out at the last minute, that was a good thing since it allowed me to run to the quilt shop and pick up some minky I had on order. Came home and worked a little more in the office, went to workout class with my daughter, ate a quick supper at 6:30 and jumped on the lawn tractor. Mowed for 2 hours, cleaned the basement, gathered lots and lots of videos to have converted to cd's and closed out the bookwork on an investment club I am in with my family. Went to bed at 11:30 and couldn't sleep. I think I could have worked all night. Today is a much calmer day. I am headed to sew day with the quilt guild but am only going to stay until noon. This afternoon my sisters and mom are coming over and we are going to have "swim day". Right now it looks like rain so we might not get to swim but i hope they still come over and play cards!

Blondie, since I quit working I wake every morning trying to figure out what day it is. I hate those days when I jump out of bed thinking I have overslept. They happen more often than I care to admit.

Have a great day!

Ginny B
June 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Good Morning all. Well, here it is the last day of my vacation. Today we will be taking ds and grandpuppy back into Brooklyn. They stayed here while we were in Canada and took care of my plants, etc. He even did some painting and installed an a/c upstairs. I will miss having them here - not just because of the stuff he does though.

I will need to get back into my sewing room too. I've got a few orders from dh's co-workers and a bunch of things to do for a friend who gave me a list of things he wants for Christmas gifts for people he knows in his church. Plus, we recently found out that step-daughter #2 and her hubby are expecting so there are things to make for the little ones arrival in November (she has already told me that she will need blankets, lol) They are not going to find out if it's a boy or a girl. They want to be surprised so I will be looking for green, yellow and other gender neutral flannel for some receiving blankets. And, of course, #3 son is getting married in November also so there are things to be made for the shower, etc. I really do need to retire so I can work in my sewing room more. If I could afford it, I would do it in a heartbeat. So much less stress when I am home.

Looks like it's going to be another hot, humid day here. We had some t-storms go through yesterday afternoon and that made my grandpuppy Booda very, very unhappy. He spent hours under the bed after about 10 minutes of panic running from one place to another trying to hide from the thunder. :icon_scared:

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Ginny B

aliaslaceygreen
June 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
LMAO!! I have done that too, getting all flustered about being late, and...oh...right. Nevermind. Haha

I DO have to go back to work tonight....darn! I have enjoyed immensely my time off and don't think I have a thing to show for it!!!

Have a great day!

Lindagie
June 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hi all; Steff, hope you are feeling better. I cleaned out the laundry room yesterday and decided that I just have too much "stuff". I either need to pitch things or reorganize; maybe both. Took me most of the day and I am still tired. Dining room is on the schedule for today, plus have to get a birthday gift for a granddaughter this week. I found a recipe for crab rangoon dip that I am going to try as well, since her mom is having appetizers at the party later this week.
It rained all weekend and it is going to be hot, hot, hot this week. I think tomorrow is going to be the worst day, if you believe the weather people. It is nice outside now so I took the dog for a little walk and now enjoying some coffee before I get started. Have a great day everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone! Getting ready for a hot day! Even though the steady hard rain ruined our barbeque party Sunday, it did cool things off, but a bright sunny day yesterday drove the temps way up!

A friend and fellow costumer called me inquiring about borrowing some striped pirate pants for a show she is costuming. While searching for the pants, I located the scraps from a show we did in 2010, where we had a jail sequence. She helped me build those costumes, and she remembered the black and white striped scraps. I never did find the pants I made, so I threw together two pair from the scraps. When you use a serger, it takes 10-15 minutes to construct this type of garment. So, I'm meeting her at lunch today to give her the pants. We help each other on these jobs!

I'm planning a quilt for my daughter using precuts, and the pattern is NOT precut friendly. It's what she wanted. I had to supplement my precuts with yardage, which I picked out yesterday. This pattern is a bunch of various size squares. If I can figure out how to cut my layer cake and jelly roll, it will be a miracle. The fabric is Sun Kissed Spa colorway by Michele D'Amore. Funny thing, she designed a line last year called Bold and Beautiful, which I used for a JJR quilt for my sister. The colors are exactly the same. I've noticed that some designers will use the same colors or patterns from year to year. The line Urbanicity is the same design as Bold and Beautiful, but in black colorway. Bothe the Sun Kissed and Bold and Beautiful also come in a tropical colorway. Interesting the way these designers work.

Getting ready for work soon. Hope you all have a great day!

auntiemern
June 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Scorcher seems to be the theme, at least for the midwest. Between the heat and humidity, I will probably be inside most of the day. Didn't do much yesterday. Was just to darn tired. All the steroids make it hard to sleep, especially when you feel like you're gonna shake yourself right out of bed. We did have the kids overnight last night, and there were a few times, I almost got emotional. Still praying hard for a positive outcome. Don't know when I will find that out though. They still haven't scheduled the biopsy, but I go for a PET scan Thursday. Hugs and blessing for all. Prayers for those in need, including me :)

Sew Perfect
June 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Oh how I love reading what everyone has to write in the mornings.

Greetings from the fruited plains of the Mid West! I do believe we may get some rain today, as it is quite overcast and smells like rain.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and watched a bit of news. Same ole news as always, so I cleaned the wood floors, vacuumed, and cleaned the rest of last nights dishes that I was too tired to do. I've had my breakfast and now that it's 8:45, I don't have much to do but what I want. If it doesn't rain, I may go out and weed the front flower bed.

Friday, I was not feeling well and slept the entire day. Over the weekend, I worked on my daughter's new bed quilt that I want to give her for her birthday next month. I am really excited because it is turning out so well. She is going to love it so much, I just know it! Her favorite color is blue and the fabric I'm using has a lot of that. The fabric line is Sun Kissed by Michele D' Amore for Benartex and the colorway is Spa. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/10382/benartex/kanvas-studios/sun-kissed-spa-layer-cake I am also using a white fabric with a honeycomb print. Quite nice!

All of you wonderful ladies and gents have a great day today and may you all be too blessed to be stressed. Happy quilting to all who will be doing some of that today.

Sew Perfect
June 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone! Getting ready for a hot day! Even though the steady hard rain ruined our barbeque party Sunday, it did cool things off, but a bright sunny day yesterday drove the temps way up!

A friend and fellow costumer called me inquiring about borrowing some striped pirate pants for a show she is costuming. While searching for the pants, I located the scraps from a show we did in 2010, where we had a jail sequence. She helped me build those costumes, and she remembered the black and white striped scraps. I never did find the pants I made, so I threw together two pair from the scraps. When you use a serger, it takes 10-15 minutes to construct this type of garment. So, I'm meeting her at lunch today to give her the pants. We help each other on these jobs!

I'm planning a quilt for my daughter using precuts, and the pattern is NOT precut friendly. It's what she wanted. I had to supplement my precuts with yardage, which I picked out yesterday. This pattern is a bunch of various size squares. If I can figure out how to cut my layer cake and jelly roll, it will be a miracle. The fabric is Sun Kissed Spa colorway by Michele D'Amore. Funny thing, she designed a line last year called Bold and Beautiful, which I used for a JJR quilt for my sister. The colors are exactly the same. I've noticed that some designers will use the same colors or patterns from year to year. The line Urbanicity is the same design as Bold and Beautiful, but in black colorway. Bothe the Sun Kissed and Bold and Beautiful also come in a tropical colorway. Interesting the way these designers work.

Getting ready for work soon. Hope you all have a great day!

Jean, I can't believe you and I are using the same fabric for our daughters! This is pretty cool in my opinion and it will be neat to see the difference in both our quilts. Don't you think?

cyndiofthevortex
June 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning, everyone. Hazy, hot and humid here again today, just like many of you are experiencing. I have to go out this afternoon for a doc appt and I hope the thunderstorms hold off until I'm home again. I was very close to a lightning strike a year ago and now I am quite afraid of them. The fam next door, DD Bethany and the kids, are away for the week so it is quiet here. I was hoping to get lots of quilting done but there's no a/c in my sewing room. Instead I'm bringing my fabric bins into the study, the only room with a/c, and reorganizing my lovelies. I'm itching to start a new quilt, even though I have many already in the works! Go with what moves you is my philosophy. Besides, I am at the quilting stage for most of my quilts and it is much too hot to sit under a quilt to do any kind of quilting. See how I rationalize starting something new? It works for me!

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Well, I woke up in Chicago this morning. At least that's what it felt like. It is WINDY out - golly, gee-whillikers it is blowin' hard. Dark and dreary . . . again! Sunday was bad and I didn't accomplish much except a long afternoon nap when I was trying to recover from a nasty headache. Headaches aren't my natural fare so when I get one I succumb to all it wants. And they yesterday I got up planning to spend the day sewing when I remembered I needed to head to the bank. If I'm going out then I need a grocery run, too. By the time I got home the sunshiny sky had turned black and the skies opened to a nasty drizzle all afternoon. I do not function well when it is dark outside, so I gave up all my plans and sat on my patootie all afternoon! BLAH!

And so today, what do I wake up to? DARK, wind, drizzle, frustrating day when Mother Nature doesn't know if it is morning or night.

Who knows what else the day holds. Probably many Chinese Checkers games with the little ones.

So I'm off here, thinking of my on-line friends, praying for all with any kind of issue that seems insurmountable at the time. Have faith and trust!! Special prayers for my Marilyn and Steffie . . . and any others who are facing that dark wall not knowing what's happening in the near future!! Love you both!!

toggpine
June 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Good morning!
I was up to all hours last night/this morning. I did get progress made on the hand-dye quilt. It is at the ironing board just waiting for the next step.
Em & I will be headed in to pick up my mom from her physical therapy appointment and then making a run to Seattle for another doctor appt. She is doing really well after her knee surgery, but the doctor hasn't released her to drive. It was her right one, and it does most of the work while driving, and I think he wants it well and truly healed before turning her loose.

I'll hope for some more stitching time later this evening, although it is Deadliest Catch night on TV. I can sit with the seam ripper and un-sew the lunch bag I made inside out. At least it will not be completely wasted time!

Gotta scoot out and feed the farm & try waking Missy Marie out of her bed so we can get going.

You all make it a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

lilmouse
June 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Morning Everyone, I slept in a little this morning; Steve went back out on the road yesterday...it is going to be a long three weeks before he is home again...spent my weekend at Greek Fest; Steve's family works it for the church, they do a lot of cooking and baking and then sell it all over the weekend and the proceeds go to the church. They have been doing this for several years....I just spend money...lots of it! Did buy several bars of organic soap that I tolerate very well so am happy about that! Have several projects I need to work on this week, I so miss my sewing time when Steve is home...he likes to have all of my attention and I can only sew if it is something for him! Men! He is very supportive though so I have to give him credit for that.
..and he is taking me to MSQC in Oct. so I really don't mind...I sure do miss him when he is gone!
Well I need to get dressed and go get my new lenses put into my old frames...maybe then I can see a little better!
Hugs and smiles and prayers for all...hope you all have a good day....weather forecast for here is T-Storms all week!
Good time to be sewing.
Later....and I am smiling!

Granny Judy
June 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Afternoon here and I'm finally taking a break. I got the kitchen cleaned up early and headed into the sewing room.. Stubbed my toe on Pearl (antique machine) which reminded me, I needed to get her belt put on and take her for a spin. OMG, she sews like a dream..!! After sitting for ever in a dusty Antique shop there wasn't much wrong with her working parts.. just clean oil and belt her up.....

I cut out a top and want to serg some of the seams on it.. SEW it was change out and re thread SALLIE Serger. And now she is all ready to use!! Can't seem to find tops in the Beige or Lt Browns, but I have the material on hand... some one else was having to do the same thing .. OK, so we think alike!!! Aren't we GREAT!!!

Am looking for something to eat then I may go jump in the Hot Tub.. get those aches and pains in check before they slow me down today.. Nuked pizza, Anyone??

Jean Sewing Machine
June 25th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Jean, I can't believe you and I are using the same fabric for our daughters! This is pretty cool in my opinion and it will be neat to see the difference in both our quilts. Don't you think?
Isn't that something? I made a JRR quilt from Bold and Beautiful last year and the colors are the same. They turn out beautiful in a quilt. What pattern are you using for your daughter's quilt?

Sew Perfect
June 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Isn't that something? I made a JRR quilt from Bold and Beautiful last year and the colors are the same. They turn out beautiful in a quilt. What pattern are you using for your daughter's quilt?

Hi Jean, It is a pattern that I've made up by accident. I will show a picture when I'm ready. What pattern are you using? I know you said it isn't precut friendly.

Miss Sheri
June 25th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Good Evening Friends, still Tuesday here and very hot and dry.

I'm itching to start a new quilt, even though I have many already in the works! Go with what moves you is my philosophy. Besides, I am at the quilting stage for most of my quilts and it is much too hot to sit under a quilt to do any kind of quilting. See how I rationalize starting something new? It works for me!

Cyndi ~ I'm sew with you there! I have 4 quilts tops done in various stages of quilting, and still I decided to start a lap quilt for each of my parents who are both turning 78 in the next 45 days. In two days I have done a dresden for mom and a mini dashing stars for my dad and am ready to quilt both... I have at least 6 other quilts ready to begin piecing. It's just so much fun to see the pretty fabrics come together into a beautiful design.

Have a happy evening one and all, I really appreciate getting to know you here. Just the nicest batch of people anywhere, I'd say, that's my story and I'm sticking with it! :]

ilive2craft2
June 25th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Good Evening all! I went back to work yesterday and we are doing summer hours, so had to be at the office at 7am....I am not a morning person...it is only a half hour earlier, but especially after the vacation, I am totally discombobulated.

We met with the contractors and are having our kitchen and hall bathroom remodeled. Since the door to the bathroom is getting changed, we are changing almost all of the interior doors. I have hated the doors in this house since we moved in almost 10 years ago. I am excited to have it done, just not looking forward to a construction zone in the middle of the house for 5 weeks.......Oh well, more reasons to hole up in the sewing room, right? :)

Been chatting with mom's cardiologist's office this week. She is having a-fib, so they are starting her back on cumadin. Her blood pressure is still fluctuating too, so they are messing with those meds too. I sure hope something helps soon!

DH still doesn't have the results of the stress test he did last Monday - they told him today that they are looking for them.....hmmm...I sure hope the test didn't show he needed something done right away. He is feeling much better since they adjusted his pacemaker.

Sorry for rambling so long. Hugs and prayers to all!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 25th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hi Jean, It is a pattern that I've made up by accident. I will show a picture when I'm ready. What pattern are you using? I know you said it isn't precut friendly.
This is the pattern she picked out. Yikes!50069

Your's is really great!

Nidan_07
June 25th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Hi There All,
Great to hear from you all. Only thing new for me is posted my first show and tell last night (One Less UFO haning around my place). Hoping to finish another UFO soon and post pics of that one, too. Am working on another UFO now that I am piece quilting, and have opted to hand stitch down covering strips on back (seemed like a good idea at the time I started)...just as well it's winter down here. It's a fair size quilt so keeps me warm while I stitch it.
Hope you all enjoy your day / evening / night depending on where ever you are in the world.
Happy stitching