PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Blondie
February 26th, 2011, 08:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/T2GoBloomsJarHelloLadies-vi44.gif

Well goodness, here it is Saturday already! Couldn't come visit with y'all last evening because we lost our power for quite a long time. Somewhere a tree went down. In fact I am certain more than one went down. The winds were fierce yesterday. Really felt like March once the sun came up. The winds were strong and the temps were in the upper 50's. Lovely day but OH! the wind. I felt sorry for all the gals getting their hair done. I used a spray that I tell them will "stop a bird in flight".

Work and then to the grocery store, gas for vehicles and my usual Saturday cleaning and chore day. Would be a wonderful day to hang out clothes if the wind is still blowing.
I will be back later if the power stays on!
Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Patrice
February 26th, 2011, 09:08 AM
two more days of vacation and then back to work I go. I have to do chores today too since I have neglected my home this week. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Going to be a beautiful day here

Onetiredmomma
February 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm sick, and I've got to work. It's no Biggie though, since no matter where I am I still can't breathe through my nose. There will be no quilting for me until I get some more paperwork done for work. I wish you all plenty of quilting time this weekend so I can see plenty of pictures on Monday morning when I wake up!
Have a blessed day!

janluna
February 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Good morning my lovey ladies, It stopped snowing here and the wind must have gone to Blondie's cause it's a lot warmer here now. They expect a few more flurries but just here and there. This will be a short good morning note because I smell coffee perking and I want some! lol
I'm going to work on my hubbys wall hanging today. I swear I'm never going to get that thing done. every time I go to do something with it something else happens. I want to get it sandwiched so I can start hand quilting it.
Don't work to hard Blondie, you need some "me" time too!
Momma I'm sorry you are sick. I hope it's nothing serious and that you feel well soon.
And Patrice, I love your name btw, have a good weekend and enjoy your vacation as long as you can.
Later girls, hugs, Jan

llm161
February 26th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Yes ladies, it's Saturday. I was off work yesterday since it was raining and we couldn't transport baby plants from greenhouse to greenhouse. Then the winds it. I have a one year old house loosing shingles. Darn, I hope it doesn't rain.

I think we're going to the flower show in York this afternoon but tonight I will do more hand sewing on my Carolina Lily quilt which I am lap quilting in blocks. Then work more on the binding of another quilt.

Here is PA, it's just gray. After yesterday's wind, hopefully all the ground will be drier.

I love to quilt. My fingers don't like the hand-sewing but they just have to toughen up.

Linda

Sandy Navas
February 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
A great big BRRRRRRRRRRy morning for my MSQC friends. There's a chill in the air - DH just cranked up the furnace a notch. I feel chilled to the bone this morning. We did have more drizzly freezing gunk over night and the roads are supposedly slick. I"m staying inside today!!!

Did a bit of sewing on my gingham dot-to-dot modified quilt top last night. Have three more rows sewn together. I'll get there soon. This is the first of the six granddaughter's quilts and I'm anxious to finish so I can start the next one. Somewhere in the next couple months I need to work in a baby quilt, too . . . have to come up with some really nifty design for that. Picked up a book on applique at my local thrifty shopping headquarters on Thursday and found a huge applique cat montage quilt top that I want to do for #3 granddaughter (who is crazy about cats). All these idea, so little time.

The doc put me on Aleve for two weeks, wrist brace for two weeks 24/7, so we will see if I get some relief from my wrist pain. I just keep plugging along though. Won't let this whip me.

If I ignore the dust on my end tables long enough maybe it will go away by itself. And, I'm off to my sewing haven for the rest of the day.

Hugs and best wish to all my buddies here. I hope everyone is faring well.

Elaine
February 26th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Good morning Ladies. It's still cold here, but I don't have to go anywhere today so that's good. I have my usual Saturday morning domestic duties today, washing clothes, running the sweeper, etc. If I can I am going to start the coin purse today with the jelly role I received this week. Hope you all have a great day. I'll check back later to see whats going on.

quiltingtrish
February 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Gooood morning everyone!

The usual Saturday for me. A few chores with washing thrown in and also hoping to hang some clothes outside. We did get some winds here but not as bad as Lancaster. They were showing old trees that just completely uprooted.
Linda - hope you don't lose any more shingles. I remember a windy night one time where I could hear the shingles coming off the roof. I gathered the kids and we hit the basement cause I didn't know what was going on. The next morning I found shingles laying in the front yard.

Jan - I still have that snowman quilt to layer so I can quilt it. Think I need to take it to church though where I have room to spread it out. Maybe I'll do that today.

Sandy - just go around and blow the dust off. Then all you'll have to do is sweep the floor - voila! done!

Momma - hope you feel better soon. Just where DOES all that stuff come from when you are so stuffy that you can't breathe?

Well, better start my day. Time's a'wastin'! I do like it though when I'm wastin' it with great friends!
That's why it's so darn hard to get off of here.

Hugs,

Lola2Ace
February 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Good Morning! It sure felt great to sleep in a bit this morning. I have started doing some chores, will finish them up ASAP so I can get back to the friendship braid quilt. I got 3 sides of the 1st border on last night, but still can't make the decision of the outer border. HELP me please! I have enough jelly roll leftover that I can put rectangle blocks of them for the border or I can make a piano key border of them OR I can make them 2-1/2 in squares around, I could use them as a pieced binding and use the fabric for the backing as the final border and another fabric (I have some Amy Butler Sunspots in aqua that would look fab) for the binding. I have such a terrible time making decisions, so I need input please. I think I will start a new thread in quilting questions so I don't take up space here.
I am making a rotisserie chicken for supper, so I need to get that cleaned and seasoned next. I love the leftovers of that for chicken and noodles, we get alot of meals for just 1 chicken that way.
Well, off to finish up laundry and chores so I can sew, once I make the decisions :icon_rolleyes:
Lola

lhayes1976
February 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
No quilting today--I MUST clean my bedroom. I plan on spending the day in there--sorting through clothes, cleaning out my dresser drawers, and basic spring cleaning. The carpet is gross. I hope to get it shampooed too. Maybe late tonight I will get into my sewing room. I'm working on two baby quilts right now. First one needs to be finished by mid April. So I've got a little time. Happy weekend to all!

debinmalaga
February 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Good morning all! Wishing everyone a great weekend, an end to Sandy's wrist pain and Onetiredmomma's stuffy nose!

Blondie
February 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think we're going to the flower show in York this afternoon but tonight I will do more hand sewing on my Carolina Lily quilt which I am lap quilting in blocks. Then work more on the binding of another quilt.

Linda

Which Carolina Lily pattern are you using Linda? I really like the one by Cori Derkson & Myra Harder. It is paper pieced and oh so very lovely. I will look to see if there is a pic of it somewhere online. I made the pattern block into a purse a few years back.

roseytoes
February 26th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Good Morning. The March winds are howling everywhere! We lost our power twice yesterday.
DH was getting ready to set up the generator and the power came back on Yea! We have a well so when the power goes out, no water. NOT FUN!

My Grandkids are coming this afternoon and will be here till Monday evening. Thier Mom & Dad are having a well deserved get away weekend. My GD is 6 and she likes to hanging out with me in the sewing room. We are making her Mom a quilt for Mothers day. A simple 4 patch. I took her to the lqs and let her pick out what ever charm packs she wanted. She picked out Moda's Hoopla. It's bright and cheerful. She can run the sewing machine herself now. I turn the speed very low. She used to sit on my lap while I sewed but now her feet can reach the foot pedal and she is on her own.
My GS (4) has helped some but is not all that into it. He would rather play with his trucks lol!

Enjoy you day:)

SuzyQue
February 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Morning here is full of foggy frozen misty stuff that is coating everything with an icy slick surface. Not venturing out all day. Too gray and depressing to look at......heading to the basement sewing nook to find my bliss. Plan to sew/quilt whatever calls my name the loudest! Enjoy everyone! SuzyQue

sewsoft
February 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Hello, it was a very chilly -1 this morning now it's still cold at 4 oh well I don't suppose it will warm up at all today. Good to hear most are well if not I hope you feel better soon. I'd like to do some sewing today we'll see. Bye for now.

rebeccas-sewing
February 26th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Good Morning. The March winds are howling everywhere! We lost our power twice yesterday.
DH was getting ready to set up the generator and the power came back on Yea! We have a well so when the power goes out, no water. NOT FUN!

My Grandkids are coming this afternoon and will be here till Monday evening. Thier Mom & Dad are having a well deserved get away weekend. My GD is 6 and she likes to hanging out with me in the sewing room. We are making her Mom a quilt for Mothers day. A simple 4 patch. I took her to the lqs and let her pick out what ever charm packs she wanted. She picked out Moda's Hoopla. It's bright and cheerful. She can run the sewing machine herself now. I turn the speed very low. She used to sit on my lap while I sewed but now her feet can reach the foot pedal and she is on her own.
My GS (4) has helped some but is not all that into it. He would rather play with his trucks lol!

Enjoy you day:)
Hi there!!! Small world. My parents moved to Parkesburg when I was just starting high school back in the early '60's. They continued living there until '92, I believe. I went to Octorara High School. I dated a boy from Downingtown named Robert Kangas. I remember many visits to the Downingtown Farmer's Market, the Exton Mall, fun times on the country roads with my friends, snow, the fall. Lots of great memories. I really miss the Amish country and shoofly pie! I even worked a summer as a chambermaid at the Downingtown Motor Lodge! Does it still exist?

patticakes
February 26th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi all!
Just a quick trip in to see how everyone is doing today. Weather here is cold, damp and windy but the little bit of snow we got last night seems to have melted on the sidewalks and tennis court. I got up early, had my coffee and cleaned so it's passable and did several loads of laundry. Then I sat down and sewed the "X" on all the rest of demin and charm blocks for the rag quilt. Now I need to lay it out to see how big it will actually be using 2 charm packs. I am just thinking that 84 - 5" blocks might not be enough once you stitch together using a half inch seam. Maybe I will try a little less than 1/2".
Good news from my youngest son Chris, that he got a job! This is a relief as they were allowed a temporary stay with at my ex-hubby's place but were being pressured that it was only "temporary" by the landlord. My prayers were answered and my son sounds so happy!
Well...take care everyone!
Patti

toggpine
February 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Good evening!
We got up early and headed out. The boys went to the gun show and Em & I went to my mom's. She needed help putting away all of her tote bins full of Christmas decorations, and she wanted the spring/summer ones brought in for the seasonal complete house makeover.
While she was packing up the last of the Christmas stuff, I headed to the back bedroom. I had stored some of my stuff in there between moves. I put out a leaf bag of clothes and recycled a bunch of papers. I think I now have enough sweatshirts to make my own Eeyore quilt. I really miss the Disney store. I am such a huge kid!I still have a bunch more drawers to go through, but I can't get to them. Mom has her own stuff in stacked in there, so I can't get to the desk. It almost looks like a room in a hoarder's house. We are hoping to get it cleared out in the next month, so we can get it painted and move her into that bedroom. Then we will redo the smaller bedroom as a place for Emily to stay when she goes to visit Nana & Grandpa.
I did get some quilting done yesterday. I have a few more blocks to sew into rows before I can join the rows together. I hope to have the top done tomorrow. The weather is too cold to be outside, so inside & sewing it is!

Oooh! The timer just went off. I have a modified "Impossible Cheeseburger Pie" in the oven. First time making one of these. We'll see how well it goes over with the family.

Catch you all later! Blessings on all of my quilting sisters and brothers!
Cathy

roseytoes
February 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Hi Rebecca,
I just saw your post tonight. I live just outside of Downingtown in Eagle. Do you know the Eagle Tavern or Marshcreek State park? The area has changed so much in the past 10 or so years. I have lived here for 25yrs. It was rural when we first moved here, not anymore! The Dtown farmers market has been gone for quite awhile now.
The motorlodge (if its the one I'm thinking of on rt 30 and had a picture od Andy Rooney?) is now a home for seniors. My cousin lives in Cochranville, not far from parksburg.
I love living here. Do you ever come back to the area?

rebeccas-sewing
February 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hi Rebecca,
I just saw your post tonight. I live just outside of Downingtown in Eagle. Do you know the Eagle Tavern or Marshcreek State park? The area has changed so much in the past 10 or so years. I have lived here for 25yrs. It was rural when we first moved here, not anymore! The Dtown farmers market has been gone for quite awhile now.
The motorlodge (if its the one I'm thinking of on rt 30 and had a picture od Andy Rooney?) is now a home for seniors. My cousin lives in Cochranville, not far from parksburg.
I love living here. Do you ever come back to the area?
I haven't been back in quite some time. I'm starting to re-connect with some high school friends so maybe one of these days I'll get it together to attend a high school reunion. I made it to the first and second but that's been it. I graduated in '69! My mother and sister moved to Richmond, VA after my dad passed away, so when I get back east I spend all of my time with them. Interesting to hear the motor lodge is now a senior residence. Yes, I do remember the Eagle Tavern. It was very rural when we lived there. I'm sure it would be a shock to see how much it's changed. We knew back then that it would become more populated. It made sense since the train into Philly is right there. An easy commute for those working in the city. In fact, my sister commuted into Philly for a number of years for work. I guess my interest in quilting started when living there, since we spent a lot of time shopping in the Amish country. I was always so impressed by the quilts made by the Amish. In fact, I have a pretty lone star wall hanging in my family room that my husband and I had made by an Amish woman. We gave it to each other for a wedding anniversary gift. I cherish it!