PDA

View Full Version : Boy, I'm pooped!!!

bubba
June 24th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Today, I planned on taking pictures of the things I bought the other day and posting them to show all of you. No.......we left the house before 1100 and headed to Seattle, going to Uwajimaya (a HUGE Asian store), had lunch there and shopped for at least an hour and a half. Then we went to Ikea...thank goodness they have battery wheelchairs there because I never would have made it thru!

Found the cabinets we will make for the new TV room, and then I found a nice little set of four drawers, a pretty pink wire waste basket and a laundry basket I plan on using by my cutting table for scraps/garbage. Driving home, he decided we were going to Five Guys for dinner....who was I to say no?

Got home about 7pm and went up to put my new things together. Templates in the top drawer, layer cakes and charm squares in the next, jelly rolls in the next one, followed up by fat quarters. Best part is, it's the same height as my sewing table, so with a little rearranging, I got it all set up! I'm thinking about going back and getting another for the other side!

Maybe tomorrow I'll get pictures up....again, I am pooped!

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2013, 05:12 AM
No wonder you are pooped, but you had a great time.

I love to wander around IKEA to find different items to buy and then have some Swedish meatballs but my knees give out before I do. Wonder if my IKEA has the battery operated things? Are they chairs or scooters? I use the scooters when doing a big supermarket shopping, I get everything done and have enough energy to do errands on the way home.

patchiereggie
June 24th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Sounds a little like my saturday ;-) Glad to hear you found a cabinet.

SallyO'Sews
June 24th, 2013, 12:26 PM
One of these days, I'm going to go to Ikea's store in New Haven; it's less than an hour away. My sister in Nashville and her DH drove all the way to Atlanta to pick up stuff from there for their home; she and my niece think it's wonderful!

IBake
June 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM
We LOVE IKEA. Bought our first shelving unit there when I was pg. with our first son. We are still using it. It has gone through 20 years of being an AF piece of furniture and it still looks good...Oh, and my oldest son is now 35.

Each of our sons had dressers from there and bookcases for college. They are still in use also. The cabinet and butcher block top that I put in our kitchen is now my cutting table. They are so versatile. And I love their kitchen and bedding and lamp selections....and rugs....and ice cream...and meatballs...and plants....

Honey, I think we need to go to IKEA this week!

Suzyq
June 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Oh me loves Ikea too! We've Had some of their shelving, bookcases, dressers, tables etc. Over the years. The white metal bookends are great, and inexpensive. ..I love wandering around, admiring all the little decorated room setups they have. Hubby, not so much. I threatened to leave him in the kids area one day! He hates the idea of not being able to find quick exits, but as a shopaholic himself, I forgive him for being a tad temperamental when we go. Best of all are the meatballs for sure! We have the largest store in Canada right here!

bubba
June 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=MayinJerset;336026]Are they chairs or scooters? QUOTE]

They are the motorized chairs w/the big baskets on front like the grocery stores have. I may look fine, but because of my foot problems, I can't walk thru that place anymore. At least they have their store arranged (here anyway) so you can easily fit anywhere!

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2013, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=MayinJerset;336026]Are they chairs or scooters? QUOTE]

They are the motorized chairs w/the big baskets on front like the grocery stores have. I may look fine, but because of my foot problems, I can't walk thru that place anymore. At least they have their store arranged (here anyway) so you can easily fit anywhere!

Thanks for the info, I'm certainly going to shop there soon. We bought a nice black tv table there many years ago, painted it a few years later to match our new silver TV and now DH just cut the width down a bit and it will be painted again to go with our new thinner flat screen TV.

toggpine
June 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I love IKEA too! I got my wire fabric basket units there. We also picked up a dresser for my daughter that functioned as a changing table when she was a baby. I can always find too much stuff I need there!

It is nice that you had such a nice day out! (I like the no cooking dinner bit!)