PDA

View Full Version : Sunday hellos

Monique
June 23rd, 2013, 08:53 AM

Good morning friends. I think today the sun may come out but not sure. I do believe the heat wave is on its way. I got some straightening done yesterday. Today is need to vacuum and do a little more. Laundry needs to be done too but I don't think I will be able to hang outside.

We were invited out for dinner last night and of course hubby had to be home in time to watch the hockey game. Go Chicago Blackhawks. They won and are now 3-2 in the series. They could potentially win the cup tomorrow in Boston. Yes my hubby is a sports addict.

I did a little more quilting yesterday as well. Certainly enjoying my time off, and I also have Monday off too. I need to do a grocery run sometime before the next weekend. Perhaps today.

Have a wonderful Sunday friends. Stay safe.

Granny Judy
June 23rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Good Morning!! DD did talk about the "fair" out at Prairie State Park. Jousting and food?? Maybe lots of crafts?? Yes!!! I have to find my good walking shoes. I could dress up, but it's gonna be in the 90's F. So no corsets or long skirts for me. Lets hope she doesn't forget it.. Oh, I will remind her.. Yes!! Yes!! I WILL---

Has everyone noticed the "watermelon" thread?? Yummm..... delicious fabrics in those items. And a New mystery quilt has started in the groups.. (see the link in my signature.) I am really torn as to what sewing project to start next!! I finished the Tumbler Flag quilt (closed group) and just love it. Nice lap size and can hang on the wall.

Prayers said and going out to all our family members here who are going thru some hard times. Love ya and holding you close to my heart.

And I am searching around for a quick sew.. maybe some clothing.. I sure could use some "new" tops. I need to find me some of those watermelon fabrics, too!!

nyscpa2be
June 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Morning all,

Monique, I'm about 5hrs southeast of you, in eastern NY, and the heat wave definitely hit here yesterday, so I think it is on its way to Canada. Time to bring out the fans - but at least quilting doesn't add heat to the house like my other hobby -baking!

Ever have one of those weeks where you just feel out of funk? No matter what I do, I kind of feel like its going to be a sucky day and that I'll start crying any minute, or that something will go wrong. I've been battling severe depression for a decade now, and with my divorce this year, it got really really worse. So, I'm just hoping that it gets better soon. I just want to go back to bed, but what I need to do is go to church and then work on my term paper for college. I've promised myself no more quilts can be started until the term paper is done, so there is a reason to get that darn paper done.

Amy <3

aliaslaceygreen
June 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Good morning! An overcast, 50% showers kind of day...the humidity is ALREADY at 93...
I have to work on 5 more blocks for the RVA quilt I did finally start cutting yesterday!! And there is cat food to be purchased, you know...Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

grannyann
June 23rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
A good Sunday morning to all. I am ready for church just waiting for the clock to get to 8 and then I leave.
Prayers for all who are have heath issues and personal problems.
I don't know what I am doing today. Just take it easy I guess. I have a roast in the crock pot, it is to hot to roast in the oven today.
I want to make that flag tumbler , I have what I need but just haven't got around to it. My daughter reminded how soon July 4th was and I doubt I will get it done by then. But I may one get it started this week.
Enjoy your day and give thanks.

Mpyles
June 23rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Good morning everyone!! Hot and humid here in SW Missouri!! Need to do a little mowing and chores today, get the clothes packed for our trip. Did all my runnin yesterday and it wore me out!! I guess the "insomnia" bug that's been running around here bit me last night. DH is up at the lake, DS's had to be up at 3:30 for work and his gf's plane didn't land until 9:30 so he was out til 12. So I went to bed and woke up at least 4 times in 3 and 1/2 hours, then at 3:30 after he was out of bed I said...okay here comes some good sleep...wrong....finally after a hot flash ridden night I got up at 6. I did have one really good dream, it was a dream with my sister in it. I love when that happens. I miss her dearly. Maybe it's my excitement and anticipation of our trip...or the 3 hour nap I took yesterday.....

Monique...enjoy your time off!! Amy...sorry about your depression....hard to deal with I know....I would only encourage you to know...only you can make yourself happy!! Get up, get out there, get that paper done so you can do the therapeutic quilting!! Remind yourself often of all you do have!! I will keep you and all those here that are dealing with hard times and sickness in my prayers!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

pcbatiks
June 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning.........had a delicious shrimp meal last night for our anniversary. Not sure what we're doing today........probably relax. I have been reorganizing my fabric the last few days. Hope to post a few pictures of my sewing area soon. I think my husband is amused at how entertained I can be.......just by sorting & organizing my fabric! :) Wishing everyone a very good day!

Lissau
June 23rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mary can we swap weather and l'll take the heat and humidity ...and you can have my winter it was minus -1.5 here last night

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
How about all of us get together in the northern hemisphere and blow some hot air down to our Lisa in Oz. Whew - it is on it's way.

Yesterday was a mixed day of emotions. Won't go into details, but I came home and pretty much collapsed. Got to see a whole lot of family members - some I haven't seen for several years. Exhausting.

Not sure what today will bring. Hopefully I will be left to my own devices and can get some more sewing done.

Till whenever, have a great one. May all with special issues be healed in whatever manner necessary.

Hugs to everyone!

MayinJerset
June 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Enjoying a cool summer morning here in NJ while I can as the heat and humidity will be here soon. My sister Carol's DD's Bridal Shower this afternoon which will be at a golf clubhouse in Brooklyn, NY so we have an hour's drive there. Thought I would be driving up with my 2 DIL's and 2 DGD's but they can't make it so DH is driving me there, dropping me off and then he will go a few blocks and hang out with Carol's DH James. James likes to cook so DH is anticipating a nice lunch for the guys while all the gals are lunching at the shower.

Better get a move on and shower and get dressed as we need to leave in an hour.

Prayers extended in all our pals who are in need and hope all the news gets better.

Iris Girl
June 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Morning to all. Its gonna be a hot one here today 90's and humid. shopping out of the way and some clothes in washing along with some fabrics. Gonna try and get the quilt finished for marilyn later , hope to start on a new top for work. we can only wear black or tan top or bottom as long as it is different ex. tan top black bottom or vise versa. Picked up a cute gauzy skirt for the hot weather so need a new tan top to go with. has to have a color and button down or I have to wear store logo t's...not paying that price for stor logo t's they should buy them for us as its their advertising. anyway... doing cold pasta salad tonight. hubby is working.

Lissau
June 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Rofl!!! @ ((((sandy)))) you never fail to make me smile .....l love you my friend

GrammaBabs
June 23rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
At the risk of always being the "day late and dollar short".... we just finished "Sunday breakfast"... a tradition here...DH's and I are debating... he did some tree pruning yesterday... i spent a day at the pool with my buddies... tons of fun...and i had planned on staying in and crafting.... not sure yet... the sun is calling and the water is great..so we shall see...
Sandy, sounds like a family day..and in your case it's probably a "big" crowd...i keep telling myself... be careful what you wish for.. don't have but 7 in immediate and only really 4 adults... but it's all good... our Oakpoint friends fill in nicely..
Hope you all have a super day..tomorrow is my B-day celebration with our friends... order out pizza drink wine,,, have cake with my 3 other couples we hang with at my friend MJ's house..
it's 80 and climbing with sun today!! Summer has arrived!
Huge Hugs to all.... your always in my mind!! Barbara

bakermom
June 23rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
so far a quiet weekend. After Mass i hope to finish what i started Saturday. Made a couple dresses for GD, One i think is a bit too long. I was paying more attention to the stripe pattern that the length I was cutting. Hope they are at the same Mass as me today so i can take a quick measure. From the leftover piece i made a pillowcase dress, now I think I want to add a little pair of shorts to wear under it.

BellasQuilts
June 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Good Sunday morning all. Sounds like the weather is all over the place. We have been good in the 80's lately. I don't like it much warmer than that. DH and I trying to get over nasty colds we caught on our trip. I am so over this cold. Yuck. Will post some pics today of our trip. Sandy, took a couple for you of some sewing machines I saw in the museum in Ireland. Thought you would like them. Hugs to all and prayers for those that need them today. Hugs Megan

LynneLeavell
June 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
We are having over cast weather today. Hubby is workig. Daughter and her two boys will be home later. So I'm doing some laundry today and much needed sewing. Completed one of the three baby quilts that I needed to have done between now and the end of the year. It is at the qulters now getting quilted. Working on two quilt tops for someone else who also does quilting for me, and then I will be able to do the other to baby quilts (one needed in September and one needed in December.).

Oh well hope everyone is having a great day. Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

toggpine
June 23rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Good Morning!

Hubby is off to the gun show this morning. We got the two trees cut down yesterday. The brush pile is not much more than a heap of ashes and it nearly did poor Eric in. He kept pushing himself instead of slowing down. It was nearly 80 yesterday and the heat from the fire was intense. I had to finally send him in for a shower, some aspirin, and a lay down. I may not have been Flash Gordon, but I did get the rest of the debris cleaned up and kept the fire tended. I did have a tangle with a blackberry bramble and have a few scratches on my face. The bramble lost. It was yanked out by it's roots, defoliated by the goats, and hit the burn pile!

Since I have a few quiet hours to myself this morning with Hubby out and Em still asleep, I'm going to get some coffee and get to sewing. The rain is gently pattering on the roses and hydrangeas outside my sewing window, so I don't feel too guilty about not being outside in the gardens!

You all have a great one and be the reason someone smiles today!
Hugs, Cathy

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Up, but not quite at em yet. I did manage to get my mug rug for the swap done yesterday. I think it turned out cute. Gonna try to work on DH quilt today. Just one border, thinking piano keyish, but just 2 fabrics. Home health nurse is coming today for an eval I guess. Been following docs instructions, doing nebulizer treatments, and taking all my meds as I am supposed to. But the greatest thing of all, is I HAVE NOT smoked. Not gonna lie, it has been hard, but I am bull headed and determined. I just have to much to do, to be really sick. The mind has been kind of a jumble the last several days, but I am trying to stay focused, and strong. Hoping and praying for the best. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Please say a little extra one for me, if you don't mind.

Madeforyouinma11
June 23rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Well here I am, just making the morning post by a minute or two. I tend to get up and do alot of reading before I post. Anyway, Good morning everyone. I need to get some things around the house done today and then get into my sewing room...to clean, not sew. :(
Went to the Drs on Friday, ( a urologist ) because my primary dr found blood in my urine twice. The dr on Friday said its still there so I have to go for a CT on my kidneys and then I'll have to go to his office and have a Cystoscopy done for my bladder. I go for the CT on July 2, and still waiting for the other appointment. I don't have the symptoms of cancer of either the kidney or the bladder and they tested my urine for cancer cells and there were none so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is going to be ok. I will be a little stressed until I know for sure.
Well, the house and my sewing room still need a good cleaning, so off I go. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Prayers and hugs to everyone.

grannyann
June 23rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Marilyn, I am so proud of you. I know it is so hard to give up something you enjoy but is not good for you. You stay bull headed and don't let that little cigarette control you.
It will take you time to get through the need and want for a smoke but we are all here for you and we know you can do it.

Lindagie
June 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Woke up early to some thunder; we have had 3 different rain showers today; now it will probably be hot and humid the rest of the day. I made cinnamon rolls and they actually turned out really good! Yeast things are not always my friend, but this time I guess I proofed it right.
Just need to hand sew the binding on the mug rug and will be done; hope the recipient likes it. This is my first swap.
I have a chuck roast that I need to cook, so I think I will throw it in the crockpot too. Better get on it! Have a great day everyone!