PDA

View Full Version : New job and a familiar collegue!

Wwena
June 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
So as some might know, I decided to move jobs pretty recently. I'm joining another local IT consulting company (called Nethouse), which do pretty much the same stuff that my current employer but they are a littler more than double in size (ca 60 in Örebro) and there are a few who also work with software testing, like I do. I've missed that, being almost alone in that field for the five years I've been with my current company. After much deliberation I decided to accept the offer to negotiate with this other company and so a couple of weeks ago signed on for them, told my boss who told our clients etc. Next week is my last week, then I'm off work for six weeks for holidays and I join my the company in mid August. So exciting!!!

Sooo earlier this week my SISTER signed on for the same company! I had recommended her to turn to them for a job since she wasn't happy at all at her current job. This was before I decided to take them up on their offer to me and since her process took longer (due to a couple of different factors) she only signed on this week. We've never worked even close to each other before, this will be great!!! We will provably not be on the same team (which is just as well) but still, this will be so much fun!

auntiemern
June 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
That sounds great. At least maybe you can take breaks and lunch at the same time. I wouldn't want to work on the same team as any of my sisters. I am much to bossy for that, lol. ;)

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Wow, Anna, that sounds just great! So happy for you!

shannonsaulter
June 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Oh Anna how great!! Enjoy the new adventure..

Jean Sewing Machine
June 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
How cool is that! I've never been in the same town with my sister for over thirty years ( since she went away to college), so working with her would be a real treat! Enjoy the new job with your familiar colleague.

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Great New Adventure for you and your sister, Best of Luck! May in Jersey

Monique
June 22nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Congratulations on the new job. Yeah, you will have time to spend with your sister.

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
If I were working with my sister we'd have to wear the same t-shirt every day. That's the one she got me that reads: "I can't remember if I am the evil sister or the good one."

How great this opportunity will be.

Wwena
June 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks gals, it sure will be fun! I'm heading in to meet a couple of future collegues tomorrow to help interview an applicant. Will be fun! :)

WendyI
June 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM
That is wonderful!! You are so very lucky to be able to be that close to your sister! I miss mine every day!

And wow...SIX WEEKS of vacation!? THAT is going to be AMAZING! Congrats again on the new job!

Wwena
June 24th, 2013, 03:49 PM
We get five weeks a year by law and then I had some saved up. We also have some parents days (maternity/paternity leave) left so we get six weeks each summer until David turns eight. In some ways, Sweden really IS fantastic. :)

bkthomas
June 24th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Sisters are the best - having a great time here with mine.
So happy for you and wish you all the best in your new job!

Swedish leo
June 25th, 2013, 02:37 AM
I am happy for you!

:icon_wave:

Blondie
June 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Anna, I am so tickled that you are excited and happy about the impending career change. To read about your Sis, well, that is like frosting on a cake. I also doubt that the company will have you on the same team but talk about a family affair - you two shall dominate software!
Blessings