PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday again.

Monique
June 22nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning good folks. I got to sleep in a little this morning. It is gray out and wet. We had some rain in the night. I want to get some cleaning done this weekend. My son and family are coming next weekend for the Canada Day long weekend. Sadie sleeps in my sewing room so that has to get straightened out and so does the other room. Sometimes it is a catch-all room. It won't take me long. My quilt is coming along nicely. I should be done in the next couple of weeks. That is about all I have for today.

Last night I called Ruby. How nice to chat with her. I am blessed to have a friend like her.

Take the time to smile today because Blondie would want us to. I smile thinking of all of you. Have a wonderful day.

aliaslaceygreen
June 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good morning to you! I am headed off for quilting from 10-4 pm... I WILL get this darned RVA quilt started, come hell or high water! I NEED. TO. JUST. CUT. FABRIC!

I have great hopes that when I get home I will find that DH has finished putting my sink back in the bathroom and has built the over toilet shelving....

Then, it's just the floor and laundry area!

Havea great day everyone!

Mpyles
June 22nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

Can you hear the lift if my voicemail, that air of "I'm on vacation"!! I have been dancing around my house since 6pm last night singing,,,I'm on vacation..I don't have to work! ( in a hushed tone when DH is around as don't want to rub it in). My son has been counting the last 21 days down to his GF's return from Spain...she will be home at 9:30 tonight....barring any delays. He has to work at 4 am Sunday....so hopefully the flight will be on time.

Yesterday was a buggar at work...of course...had many things to do in my restaurant and at 10 am the boss came in and sent me to Lebanon....grrrr. Rightfully so, as it was unorganized and not going well. I also got told when I got back I had to spend more time there...frustrating as the suggestions I make, that would make it better they don't do...so In essence I am just the bandaid. OH WELL....I am on vacation!! Gonna run some errands today, go watch a great nephews baseball game, and figure out who I can get to put my mugrug in the mail on Friday...as I will still be in florida.

Here is a little humor in honor of my upcoming trip...49870

Everyone have a great Saturday!!

ilive2craft2
June 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good Morning all! I am on the opposite side of the vacation thing...I go back to work on Monday and am already dreading it....big time. Is that normal? Should I be thinking of a job change? But, we are going to head over to our little piece of paradise on the lake today, so maybe I can forget about work for 2 more days :D Think I will get the binding on the panel for the PICU while we are in the car today. I think I am going to try the method of pulling the backing fabric to the front and hand stitching it down. Something new to try anyway. :) Other than that, I may not get much more sewing done this weekend. I am not planning on dragging everything with me. Someday, I will win the lottery and all of the work at the lake house will be done (it was a foreclosure that needed a lot of work - we have basically rebuilt it from the outside) and will be able to have a little sewing area set up over there with a machine, so I don't have to drag stuff back and forth, just the projects. Ahhh, a girl can dream, right???????? At least it makes me SMILE :) Have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers to anyone who needs them.

HandsOffItsMine
June 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
It's is Saturday! What a wonderful Friday late afternoon, Donna F surprised me on Facebook PM with an applique book she found for me on Amazon. Something I missed out on during an auction...she went looking for something to "Cheer me up"! :)

Then later in my cell rings and the name Monique shows up! What a surprise!!! We've been cyber friends for a long time now, even were Secret Santa Sisters last year, but to hear her voice yesterday absolutely made my day!!! It's like we've been best friends forever! Very lucky to have a friend such as her...

Today I'm hoping to have the energy to work on my site. I'm going to take the work for an hour or so, take a break, then work a bit. :)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Huggers, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
June 22nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hello all! I'm battening down the hatches for an onslaught of grandkids for the weekend, I think there will be 4, maybe 5, plus one adult child. The house is basically decluttered, some bedding needs to be changed and a bathroom swabbed, plus I need some groceries. Let 'em come!

The quilts are put very deeply away for about a month now, I hate that! I'm sure I'll try to squeeze in some quilt building between other sewing tasks, just to keep my sanity!

Have a good weekend. Pray for my survival in kidville!

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Isn't that Monique the best on the telephone? She's pretty durned good about starting Saturday posts, too. Reading about work stuff makes me so glad that I am no longer employed - cuts down on the available to add to my stash, but if you've seen pictures you know I'll never use what's there. Such a shame, too.

I've been having headaches recently - something that is truly unusual for me. Yesterday was the very worst. I did manage to spend a couple hours in my sewing room, squaring up some 9 patches for a D9P and made another storage bag for DD - she says it is way too big for the purpose so I need to cut it down. Finally gave up after lunch and took some very strong pain pills and slept several hours. Felt better when I got up but then it hit me again. Every little thing was a chip into how I felt and I finally had to ask Al to keep his incessant talk and questions to himself . . . you never realize how much of a chatter box your husband is until you don't feel well.

Off for a day with my Big Bro and Li'l Sis and their roommates. It is going to be hot, hot, hot today.

And so, I leave you with good thoughts, prayers where needed, encouragement for those facing difficult times, and a whole lot of good vibes.

http://www.richardnader.com/images/labels/themed-show-let-the-good-times-roll.jpg (http://www.richardnader.com/shows/let-the-good-times-roll.html)

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone! Mary, I hope you have a great time in Florida on your much needed vacation! And Ruby...so glad to see that you and Monique had a nice phone visit last night.......an unexpected call from a friend can make your day!

Trying to catch on washing clothes today. Tonight we are going out to eat for our 29th anniversary........which is tomorrow. We watched an episode of MASH the other day where Col. Potter was celebrating his 27th anniversary........that made us feel old. Years ago when that show was on TV........we thought he was so old............guess not! :D

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

auntiemern
June 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Good morning all. Yes, it is still morning here. Been up for a while. Figured I might as well get up, do my first round of meds and a neb treatment. Started coughing in bed last night about 1AM and got up so not to keep DH awake. He is exhausted from the last week. Went back to bed about 4 AM, up at 9:30. They sure don't let you sleep in the hospital, so gonna take awhile to get a routine going. Gonna try to get the last border put on DH bass fishing quilt. Not gonna over do it though. Might pick out a panel or something to hand quilt. Don't know what yet, but have a hard time doing NOTHING. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. And don't forget to send some up for me, k? Thanks.

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Good Saturday Afternoon. Went to Kohl's this morning to return summer clothes I bought a few weeks ago, they all were too big. Was lucky that they restocked the woman's dept. because I found everything I wanted in my size. Picked up a new scatter rug for our recently redone family room, it was 60% off, and then I used a 30% off coupon for my entire order. Just made some phone calls, had lunch and think I'll do some chilling out on the couch for a bit before the next chore of putting all the outlet covers back, hanging the pictures, etc.

Tomorrow I'll be traveling to Brooklyn for my niece's bridal shower. Hostess asked that we use clear wrapping for our gifts but I couldn't find any so I just wrapped my stainless flatware boxes with a pretty plaid ribbon and bow. Expecting to have a nice time as lots of family will be attending. DH is driving up with me and after dropping me off the the Golf Club for the shower he will hang out nearby at my sister's house with the guys.

bakermom
June 22nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Good afternoon! getting a late start today. last two nights at work were long ones so i slept in a bit today. Got up and got some work done now DH is making brunch for us . yum!
It should be a lazy weekend for us so i might get some sewing done. Once DH is done in the kitchen i think I'll put something in the slow cooker and disappear upstairs for awhile.

toggpine
June 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Good afternoon!

I woke up at 2 with a yucky tummy. I made a cup of peppermint tea & hung out in here for a while. I slept sitting up on the couch for a few hours. I felt better until I decided to have something to eat about an hour ago. Hmmm.

I have all of the groceries put away from Hubby's trip to Costco. We break down the big packages into realistic portions for our family. I love my food saver vacuum bagger. Hubby has cut down one of the dead trees in the pasture and is working on the second. It will put some more firewood in the pile and get the couple of wind hazards down before next winter.

I'll go turn the goats out back in the woods while I help him clear up the branches for the brush pile. With the rain last week, we can burn without any worries. Another few weeks and the fire department will put on the burn ban.

I hope to get back to the quilt tonight. I was tuckered out after work yesterday and didn't even look at the machine!

You all have a great day and make somebody smile!
Hugs, Cathy