PDA

View Full Version : Good morning :)

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Hello guys!

It was midsummer yesterday and guess what - it looks like it will be a very beautiful day here in Finland! Too bad I am so tired that I feel like yawning permanently and my eyes get wet. I have to stretch to keep awake, lol! But I can't just take a nap (it's 11 am) because my beloved man is still sleeping. He was up in the night til... I don't know when I only remember checking the clock once when Janna woke up and it was 3 am and he was still playing. Which is okay because we agreed on that. My Janna... she slept through half a year and now, she has been starting to wake up in the night several times for around a month. That explains my permanent tiredness (if that's a word) I guess! I get up many times in the night til I finally am sick of it and get Janna next to me in the bed. Then she seems to sleep much better. But the funny part is that I don't think about getting her next to me until I am annoyed, haha! I am too sleepy then. Oh well, that phase will pass, too! She learns so much new stuff atm every day that I guess it's normal that she sleeps very poorly at the moment. It will pass.

Before I could finish up this post, Janna demanded food and hubby got up. He will continue to feed her while I can finish up this posting :D and then go to bed for a nap. I certainly need it. And I certainly hope that this sleepless phase will pass soon although it's fine if it doesn't. She can't help it. She's just a small baby that demands what she needs. And that's fine.

Did you have similar experiences with your kiddies? Let me know :)

Hugs,

a soon sleeping Steffie

toggpine
June 22nd, 2013, 06:51 AM
My daughter did that for a while. She would be awake for about an hour or so (eat, diaper change, & kick around a bit) and then go back to sleep. It lasted for a few weeks, maybe a month? Then she went back to sleeping all night.

I kept it quiet and I didn't provide a lot of stimulating play. I gave her a stuffed toy to wave around and chew on, and that seemed enough entertainment to get her back to sleep.

Good luck with this phase! Hopefully it passes quickly!

Granny Judy
June 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Funny how each child is different.. of my 3 only the oldest went thru this phase of not sleeping well. It passes but til it does, grab a nap when you can..

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Funny how each child is different.. of my 3 only the oldest went thru this phase of not sleeping well. It passes but til it does, grab a nap when you can..

Yes, I try. It's not so easy to find sleep myself when I am supertired. And sometimes she doesn't sleep as long as I wish she would, haha! ;) But all in all, she is such a happy baby and I am glad that she decided to bless me with being here :)