PDA

View Full Version : Ahem.... has anybody seen my steaks?

Slokarma
June 22nd, 2013, 02:29 AM
Yes, I lost two porterhouse steaks earlier today. I hope who ever found them had a lovely evening. :icon_rolleyes:

and then later in the day, I was halfway thru quilting a placemat when I realized that the backing was turned inside out.

BUT, that happened right after I had knocked all the stick pins onto the floor. When I finally got the placemat quilted and was pressing the binding into submission, my iron spit out a big dark spot.... right on the light colored fabric! Those were the highlights of my day and Yes, it was like that all day long!

I realize it's not really a big deal, considering the plight of others, BUT I just wanted to whine a bit since I'm having trouble falling asleep.........evidently I must have confused the decaf with the regular coffee! And of course, this would be the night I needed to fall asleep early, because I need to get up at 5 am to drive to Columbus!

Well, tomorrow is another day. Oops, I mean today is another day! By the way, is tonight the night of the Super Moon?

Ok, I'm taking a peak at the DD and then I'm closing my laptop and then I'm going to stare at the ceiling and hopefully I'll fall asleep!

Good night!

toggpine
June 22nd, 2013, 02:35 AM
I have had those days. No fun.

Lets hope you get some rest!

bubba
June 22nd, 2013, 02:46 AM
It is the night of the super moon!!! It's too cloudy to see it from Tacoma WA though!

Try some hydrogen peroxide on the fabric. I used to use it on my cross stitching and it took out stains.

GuitarGramma
June 22nd, 2013, 02:55 AM
Ahhh, Slokarma, I know what those days are like! I hope that tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow keep getting better than today was.

My sympathy!

Shelovesfabric
June 22nd, 2013, 03:50 AM
OHHH, the super moon!! Running outside now. Sorry to hear about the steaks! It seems to me the more I know I have to get up early, the more I can't fall asleep. Must be a Murphey's Law or something.:lol:

**Just went outside! Big, bright, and beautiful. Thanks for the reminder!

Sew Perfect
June 22nd, 2013, 03:53 AM
You poor thing, one thing after another! I hope you will be able to sleep well and when you wake up, it will be all better. Goodnight.

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 04:20 AM
I hope you'll have a better day today :)

auntiemern
June 22nd, 2013, 04:58 AM
I think we have all had those kind of day. I forgot a whole bag of meat at he store one day. Walked out in the parking lot and got hit by a car. Must say went home after that, and did nothing. Hope today ( later) gets better. I can't sleep either.

Slokarma
June 22nd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Holy Moly, I fell asleep, or so the clock says and woke up just in time to see a commercial about.....the Squatty Potty.......on the other hand, maybe I'm not really awake! I have never heard of the Squatty Potty.

carrie liz
June 22nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Maybe the moon is keeping us all awake.

Slokarma
June 22nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Maybe the moon is keeping us all awake.

LOL ....you are right about that!

shermur
June 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Oh, darlin', I can so sympathize! Ever since I hit menopause, i have had several days like yours. i have trouble remembering where I put my reading glasses, my keys and the list goes on! My sleeping is compromised with night sweats and hubby whining about the ceiling fan being on high so I can be comfortable? Anymore, I'm thinkful I can attempt to get through a day of meeting the priority of expectations. Keep your chin up and try to make the best of each day.....

MRoy
June 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
You know what they say about full moons...strange things happen and folks go a little crazy. :D I hope today is much better for you!

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Yes, blame it on the Moon and hope today is a much better day. BTW, did you ever find the steaks? Wonder where they could be hiding. Probably with the list of things I can't find. LOL!

quiltingtrish
June 22nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
The squatty potty - LOL! I've never heard of that either.

I looked at the moon last night and it wasn't super to me here in Central PA. I think it's tonight. I saw it a few years ago standing on a hilltop in the Lancaster area and it was beautiful. We stood and watched it rise - you could see it moving up! Pretty awesome. They saw it happens once a year - didn't know that.

I hope you have a better day and made it to Columbus on time.

Hugs,

Sharyn J
June 22nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Some days just start out badly and end the same! Hope today will be better.
I will be looking at the moon tonight, if I can stay awake. It's raining and will be cloudy tonight so I might not get a clear view.
Here's a chart for moon viewing. That was "viewing", NOT "mooning" ladies! :D

Where to See This Weekend's Extreme Supermoon - Weather, forecasts, news, blogs and maps - MSN Weather (http://local.msn.com/WeatherArticle.aspx?cp-documentid=258588610&ocid=ansloc11)

ilive2craft2
June 22nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
I hate days like that - sometimes after a couple of different things, I just stop trying to accomplish anything. Today will be better, you got it all out of your system yesterday. :)

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
I've had days like that too! Sometimes it best just to go back to bed or just sit down and forget about trying to get anything done.

Have you checked your car for the steaks..........that could be unpleasant after sitting in a hot car!

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
You remind me of the time some friends had invited us over for a steak grill-out. We arrived and while they were greeting us at the front door their dog was making off with the steaks out the back door. Yes, all 4 of them!! That same dog is the one who snatched the last piece of pizza and buried it in their white couch.

I hope everyone's day gets better.

Mchelem
June 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Full moon is "technically" the 23rd, but it was super bright and pretty last night. Hoping its beautiful tonight as well. Our vow renewal is at 7:00, and then a reception following and both are outside.

bakermom
June 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Well let's hope the steaks aren't hiding somewhere in your car.
Many years ago i bought a pkg of frozen bread dough(5loaves) along with my other groceries. Had the kids unload the car and put stuff away. they missed the bag with the bread dough. It was summer. It thawed, proofed and burst it's way out of the bag and across the van before we found it the next day. Thank goodness we had rubber rather than carpeting in that van. it would have never left

Genny
June 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, I lost two porterhouse steaks earlier today. I hope who ever found them had a lovely evening. :icon_rolleyes:

and then later in the day, I was halfway thru quilting a placemat when I realized that the backing was turned inside out.

BUT, that happened right after I had knocked all the stick pins onto the floor. When I finally got the placemat quilted and was pressing the binding into submission, my iron spit out a big dark spot.... right on the light colored fabric! Those were the highlights of my day and Yes, it was like that all day long!

I realize it's not really a big deal, considering the plight of others, BUT I just wanted to whine a bit since I'm having trouble falling asleep.........evidently I must have confused the decaf with the regular coffee! And of course, this would be the night I needed to fall asleep early, because I need to get up at 5 am to drive to Columbus!

Well, tomorrow is another day. Oops, I mean today is another day! By the way, is tonight the night of the Super Moon?

Ok, I'm taking a peak at the DD and then I'm closing my laptop and then I'm going to stare at the ceiling and hopefully I'll fall asleep!

Good night!

I'm just getting ready to put 2 steaks on the grill...but I swear...They're not yours:D

Cathy F
June 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Oh, I am familiar with those types of days! Thank goodness they don't roll around that often.

New York Sue
June 22nd, 2013, 09:59 PM
The 'super moon' is officially Sunday night, if my radio man got it right...

But jayzee! You LOST your porterhouse steaks!?

Cat n bull
June 22nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I don't mean to laugh, but LOL! You lost your steaks? That is horrible!

I had one of those days today, but mine was one MOTHER LODE of crud instead of little ones all day.

I MELTED the batting on the baby quilt I was meticulously thread painting/FMQ. AFTER it was ALL done, and I just wanted to straighten the corner up a bit.

A few days ago my hubby (he is the cook and the shopper) came home from a few days away on a business trip, and he opened the fridge and I heard this GASP!!

????

He said "Is that my (whatever kind it was) STEAK!?!?"

I said, "Could be. Why?"

He said "You didn't feed that to Audrey (the dog) did you?!?'

Um..... " Well, yes I did, she didn't have any bags in her bin and I had to feed her something!"

"^&*!!%^* (that was my (whatever kind it was) STEAK!!"

Me: "Well how am I supposed to tell it's your "special" steak and not Audrey's!"

OOPS! Audrey however was QUITE pleased with her (whatever kind it was) steak.

nana margaret
June 23rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Momma said there'd be days like this - how right she was! Hope you got a good night's sleep!