PDA

View Full Version : Squeee.....I have to share somewhere!!

Shelovesfabric
June 22nd, 2013, 12:52 AM
I am a school teacher and taught for seven years before the birth of my second child. He was born a month early for no apparent reason. He had a hole in his lung and it collapsed shortly after birth. We have had various other issues along the way (so, in other words, mom has lots of new gray hair!!!). I took a year off to stay home with him. He is now a year old and doing pretty good. We still have off days, but those are few and far between. Our local library had an opening for the head librarian in the children's department that my husband pointed out to me while I was there using the cutting machine. I debated and debated and ended up applying at 2 in the morning the night before the deadline. Didn't think much would come from it, but here I am!! The new librarian. I am so excited, nervous, thrilled, and sad all rolled into one!

kelliedi
June 22nd, 2013, 12:54 AM
woohoo what a great job for you.....

ilive2craft2
June 22nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Congratulations!!!! That is fantastic! Glad to hear the little guy is doing so well.

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2013, 12:58 AM
Congratulations on the new job! I'm happy that your little boy is doing well.........what a blessing!

SallyO'Sews
June 22nd, 2013, 12:58 AM
So glad for you! Hope you enjoy every minute of your time there.

phoots
June 22nd, 2013, 01:18 AM
Awesome!!!

Pam in Vegas

auntiemern
June 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Congrats on the new job, and the baby doing well. God is good.

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Congratulations on the new job! It must be so exciting for you!

toggpine
June 22nd, 2013, 02:25 AM
I'm glad to hear that your son is doing so well. The librarian job is just icing on the cake.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 22nd, 2013, 03:01 AM
Congratulations! You'll love being librarian! So many books, so little time!

Suzette
June 22nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Congrats on the new job!! ;) And so good hear your son is doing better!

I understand the bittersweet nature of your post (where you wrote in your last line: "I am so excited, nervous, thrilled, and sad all rolled into one!"). It's so exciting to start a new job but hard to leave our little ones. I've been there too! But I'm sure once you all settle into the new routine it will all be wonderful and you will all thrive! :icon_bigsmile:

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Congrats on the New Important Job, you will do a great job and also Good News that your son is doing so well.

Monique
June 22nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Congratulations on the new job. I am happy your little one is doing great.

Wwena
June 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Big congrats! When I was in high school I seriously debated studying to become a librarian. I decided not to but I'm still very fond of libraries and while I don't regret that particular road not travelled I still think it's a great job, a really interesting and fun one! I wish you the best of luck and that whatever daycare you get for your little boy will be a good and fun place too!

shannonsaulter
June 22nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Awesome congrats!!!

laf512
June 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Congratulations! That is exciting!

GuitarGramma
June 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Wonderful news about your son. And congratulations on your job.

mamaquilt
June 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Congratulations to an unexpected good turn in your life.

Grandma G
June 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Congratulations! I know you will do just fine. Reading about your son brought back many memories. My youngest son was born 7 weeks prematurely and had a hole in his lung, too, which also collapsed after birth. He weighed a "whopping" 4 lbs. 5 oz. at birth and he was a little guy for the first three years of his life. But then he came into his own and everything couldn't have come together any better. The sadness you feel at leaving him to go to work will eventually become easier.

Good luck with your new job!!!

cyndiofthevortex
June 22nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
What a scare you must have had with your little one! I'm so glad to hear he is doing just fine now. Sounds like he has a great mom. Congrats on your librarian job! My DD Bethany was a librarian for years and she could not have been happier. To be surrounded by books and the people who love them while getting paid for it? Really, what could be better?

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm so pleased your son is doing well. And a new job - may I come in and check out some quilting books? Enjoy.