PDA

View Full Version : Please pray

mom4him
June 21st, 2013, 10:59 PM
Good evening. What a day! As I was getting my oldest son up this morning I found a rash on his hip about the same as Dec. Wound care nurse was here,(Praising God for that. She is much more convincing with him then I am.) she took his temp, elevated. Took him to ER and his white count was up so he is in the hospital here. At least it is here in town so I can come home and help a bit more than when he is an hour away.

He has tested + for MRSA in the past and they always want to use an antibiotic that sends his kidneys south. Please pray that they won't go down that road again, that the antibiotic they are using takes care of the infection in his skin, that he gets some rest, and that my kids and husband here at home have peace.

I am headed to bed as I am totally exhausted so won't be replying to messages but I do appreciate all your prayers. I will try to update tomorrow.

janluna
June 21st, 2013, 11:18 PM
I'm writting your name on my Prayer band. I wear it for my GD Emily because she has a deadly disease. I pray several times a day for healing and will add your Son and you and your family to my Prayers. Take care of yourself too. Rest when you can, eat healthy, etc. God Bless You, Hugs and Prayers, Jan L.

Lindagie
June 21st, 2013, 11:44 PM
Sending prayers your way too; hope that everything turns out well.

Kaytessa
June 21st, 2013, 11:46 PM
You're added to my prayer chain..may Father grant his healing touch along with his peace and comfort .

EsGrandma
June 21st, 2013, 11:53 PM
Praying for you and your dear son -

SallyO'Sews
June 22nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
Praying right now, dear. Hope you get a good night's sleep.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Prayers for your son that the medicines help without complications.........and for rest and peace for your family.

Shelovesfabric
June 22nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Prayers sent your way! Hope you get a restful nights sleep!

Mpyles
June 22nd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Prayers for all of you!

phoots
June 22nd, 2013, 01:15 AM
Prayers are being said for your son!

Pam in Vegas

auntiemern
June 22nd, 2013, 01:31 AM
Prayer for him and the family. Hope they get it under control quickly, and that you can get rested up.

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 01:44 AM
Keeping you and your son in my thoughts. Hope all of you will be fine!

toggpine
June 22nd, 2013, 02:38 AM
Prayers for you, your family, your son & the doctors who are treating him.

GuitarGramma
June 22nd, 2013, 02:58 AM
Prayers for your son's healing! And for you, the strength and energy you will need.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 22nd, 2013, 03:15 AM
Prayers for your son right now!

Sew Perfect
June 22nd, 2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Sandy...Praying.

Madeforyouinma11
June 22nd, 2013, 03:35 AM
Sending prayers your way.

HandsOffItsMine
June 22nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Prayers and healing light for your son that the right meds/treatment will get him healed quickly. Prayers for you and the family for strength and peace of mind.

Huggers, Ruby

lilmouse
June 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Praying here too!

Bubby
June 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
My prayers are going out for your son and your family.

rebeccas-sewing
June 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hoping your son's infection clears up soon. Such a worry!

Suzyq
June 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Lots of prayers and Huggies from me too!

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Adding my prayers for your son that his health problem clears up ASAP and that we hear some Good News from you soon.

Monique
June 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Prayers being said for you all.

mom4him
June 23rd, 2013, 12:06 AM
Thank you EVERY ONE OF YOU! Thought I would do an update.

Pretty miserable day for Richard.I came home and fixed supper but went back. That is the nice thing about being in our home town but there are things about it that aren't. They didn't get him in an air bed until late this afternoon as it had to come from 35 miles away. I really don't like the Dr. that he has today but no choice there. Food is quite awful but that seems to be normal for hospitals. Want me to go on? LOL This has been a long day but not as long as yesterday.He did eat a bit of chicken noodle soup tonight but that was all he could handle tonight. It seems like the kids don't feel as deserted as when I am at the hospital 35 miles away and then end up having to stay for days.

I do appreciate the prayers. The rash had grown considerably this morning when I came. He has run a temp again pretty much all afternoon. The one antibiotic is making him feel sick to his stomach and head-achy. The other thing is his IV blew in the night and they have a terrible time finding a vein that will work anymore. Spent 3 hrs this morning trying to get one started so if this one blows I know they are going to want to put in a pic line. That is another whole thing. He had so many and for so long 3 yrs ago that there is evidently scar tissue in the vein that is used. Last Aug. they had a lot of problems getting that through too. Praying that this one doesn't blow.

Things will get back to normal, things will get back to normal, things will get back to normal. Oh, I forgot, what IS normal?

Well, all for now. I am ready to head to bed.

Once again, thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the update. Prayers continuing.

dwil23
June 23rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
Prayers being said for all. So sorry to hear that you are all going through another extra difficult time.

God bless you all - (((HUGS)))

nana margaret
June 23rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Thinking about your son and hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Suzette
June 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Hugs!

mom4him
June 23rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Richard has been transferred to the bigger hospital about 35 miles from our home. Some things were showing better, some things worse so Dr recommended the transfer. Wasn't easy decision for Richard to make but I do believe it is the right one.

I appreciate your continued prayers. When he is in this hospital it is much more difficult for me to get home. I can get home ever day or so but not bop home for a few minutes several times a day. It putts my youngest son into total spiral and my husband doesn't deal with that well. Praying they can figure out what exactly Richard needs to be on, if there is something more going on and get it taken care of as soon as possible so we can get home.

I will be spending the night and I am very tired so would also appreciate prayer for strength and clear mind for when asked question.

RFREE
June 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Thank you for your update. Continuing prayers for you and your son for strength and healing.

mom4him
June 24th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Thank you for your update. Continuing prayers for you and your son for strength and healing.

Thank you. It was a rough evening and night. It was almost midnight before he was gotten into his home and they had everything settled. Of course there is still the bipap needing to be ordered, meds given, more questions that have been answered already at least 10 times. LOL I am sure many of you have been through similar.

The good news is Richard seems to feel a bit better this morning. He actually at his breakfast, which was way more than he ate all day yesterday. He seems a bit stronger as he is working on his computer. Yesterday he didn't have the strength to lift his arm and feed himself.

Praying all of your are doing good, quilting away.

cyndiofthevortex
June 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I missed this original post. Will pray to Jesus for healing and peace.

Over40momma
June 25th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Sandy, it is so hard when one member of the family is sick. The rest tend to feel 'left out' even though that is not the case. By the sounds of what is happening to Richard, it is a very difficult time and I will keep you both in my prayers with good thoughts winging their way to you. :icon_hug:

Miss Sheri
June 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Sandy, I too missed the original post, You are very much in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Hang in there sweetheart! So many love you and are praying for you and your family. Keep your faith, and take it one moment at a time. Often times things seem worse before they seem better, but we are all hoping for you and your family that things will get much better very soon. Get some rest and remember to breathe.

baslp
June 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Hi sandy. I sent you a message.

ilive2craft2
June 25th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Sandy, you and your family continue to be in my prayers. Take care of yourself too - I know that is hard to do, but in the long run, all of you will be better off if you take care of you. Even if it is just taking time out to read on the forum or draw out a quilt pattern on a napkin - that will help to ease your stress. We are all here for you.

kensington
June 25th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I would be out of my mind if one of my kids was suffering, you must be getting your strength from somewhere on high. I pray you have continued strength, that God will provide the things and the people you need to make it through this. At home and at the hospital. I pray for a healing from God for your son and that his kidney is protected as he takes these meds. May you find comfort and peace from the Angels of God every where you go!

Grandma G
June 25th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Sending prayers your way. Hope all his issues turn around soon. You need to take care, too.

PeggyM
June 25th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Your family is in my prayers for strength and healing. So sorry you and your family are going through this.

mom4him
June 25th, 2013, 11:41 PM
You have all blessed me so much! Thank you.
Richard seemed stronger today. He was still nauseous and head achy this afternoon again but he said he didn't think it was quite as bad. He was running a low grade temp again this afternoon though.

He may be headed for another surgery but if they do decide to do it, it will hopefully help prevent getting this infection again.

The last two days I have felt ok with leaving the hospital around 4/4:30. I have been able to come home and get supper for my dh and two youngest. That seems to help them a lot and it makes it so I can get a good nights sleep. I was up this morning and on my way to Rapid by 7 so I could be sure to get there in time for the Dr. I plan on doing the same in the morning. I am used to waking up early and getting Richard up so it seems that is what my body does. LOL

Please continue to pray that the Dr tomorrow makes the right decision concerning the surgery, that if there is something else going on to cause this temp that it will be found and that the nausea and headache continues to get better.

Lilly
June 26th, 2013, 01:04 AM
I'm praying tonight and will again tomorrow morning. Have a sweet and peaceful sleep - hope you're having it already. And may the angels surround you tomorrow and Jesus please give wisdom to the doctors. Amen!

dwil23
June 26th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I'm praying tonight and will again tomorrow morning. Have a sweet and peaceful sleep - hope you're having it already. And may the angels surround you tomorrow and Jesus please give wisdom to the doctors. Amen!

Agreeing with you in prayer.

Please keep us posted, Sandy.

quilter.martha
June 26th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I just found this post. Sandy, your son AND you are in my prayers. Hang in there and cling to your hope and faith. God will see you through this!

6swolcott
June 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Praying for you and your entire family, and for wisdom for the doctors

ilive2craft2
June 26th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Praying for more improvement today.

GuitarGramma
June 26th, 2013, 11:12 PM
God bless you, Sandy, and your son. I'll be praying.