PDA

View Full Version : It must be Friday

Blondie
June 21st, 2013, 07:32 AM

Happy prelude to the weekend, Folksies!

Hubs is off today and let my slumber continue for a while longer. That is one of the benefits of summer. Staying up a bit later, sleeping in a little longer - just like school kids. The only problem with doing that on a day that I work is that the big man does not realize how long it takes for me to get ready for work. I realize that I am a minimalist - however, it does take a lot longer to look like that these days.

Yesterday evening we were sitting out in the back yard, while trying to keep the mosquitoes from landing on us, I saw my first lightning bug of the season! How much I love those little critters. Almost as much as I like June Bugs. Childhood is always calling me. I enjoyed my childhood and there is something about summer that brings it out. Maybe it IS the lightning bugs, perhaps the chiggers, or possibly it is the woods we are surrounded by . . . that we would spend all day exploring with our compasses, canteens filled with water from the creek, a folded up paper sack in our pockets to pull out just in case we found something interesting to carry home. One day perhaps I will write more about the day the girl cousins and boy cousins were romping in the woods, trying to build a tarzan tree house. We got more than we bargained for that day. But that won't happen this morning. I am having to get ready for work and I late, late late . . .

Prayers for all reading this; you know how to reach me if you need some extra and by the way don't forget to SMILE!

Mpyles
June 21st, 2013, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

Lol blondie....I like that minimalist approach as well...and you are right it does take a bit of time!!

I am up early...in hopes of getting into work to get out earlier. The big boss has been on a bit of a rant this week, and fortunately I haven't been there to see it. I am hoping to miss it as well today....we will see....think I might get sent up to lebanon today...as we have had some staffing issues there.

Well, you can all let out a sigh of relief.....I found a swimsuit...actually I found two. They both hold everything in well, so I shouldn't be falling out anywhere. I am sure all the other beach goers will be glad of that!

Well, I really can't think of any thing else today...lets get this show on the road!!

Have a great day!!

Lissau
June 21st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hooray for Mary and no wardrobe malfunctions hehehehe....

MayinJerset
June 21st, 2013, 09:27 AM
Is it Friday already? Weeks are really flying by. Yesterday, June 21, was our first day of summer and it was a nice one, warm and sunny enough to be summer but no high heat or humidity = just like I like it.

Yesterday we skipped weekly food shopping at the new Super Supermarket in town as the parking lot was packed full and police car still on duty. Might take a peek later tonight after dinner. We went to the old Super Supermarket in the next town. It's the same chain market and has the same items, even this week's free items so we didn't miss out on the important stuff.

So much needs doing today and I don't know where to begin, wash the windows in the room the contractors finished painting, tend to the big pots of flowers and herbs on the deck, return some items at Kohl's or go to my sewing room and work on a quilt. Think the last item is it.

Going to check the other new posts and really hope all are friends are doing better today. May

MRoy
June 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning! I'm home today. I slept in a bit and I LIKED IT! My car is in the shop so I'm stuck here...but I like that too! (There's a truck I can use if there's an emergency.) I cut the grass yesterday evening, so the day is mine to do as I please.

I hope everyone has a great day. Prayers for all those who need them.

buckeyequilter
June 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM

Have a great one!

Prayers & hugs

buckeyequilter
June 21st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Is it Friday already? Weeks are really flying by. Yesterday, June 21, was our first day of summer and it was a nice one, warm and sunny enough to be summer but no high heat or humidity = just like I like it.

Yesterday we skipped weekly food shopping at the new Super Supermarket in town as the parking lot was packed full and police car still on duty. Might take a peek later tonight after dinner. We went to the old Super Supermarket in the next town. It's the same chain market and has the same items, even this week's free items so we didn't miss out on the important stuff.

So much needs doing today and I don't know where to begin, wash the windows in the room the contractors finished painting, tend to the big pots of flowers and herbs on the deck, return some items at Kohl's or go to my sewing room and work on a quilt. Think the last item is it.

Going to check the other new posts and really hope all are friends are doing better today. May

I was seeing some first day of summer posts yesterday. Today is June 21 and the first day of summer here LOL

ilive2craft2
June 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Good Morning all! Today is Friday, the last day of my vacation (the weekend doesn't count :) ). I have a pot of coffee on and the only thing I have to do today is run a check to the bank. I should clean house, but that is no fun. :) My plan (if you can call it a plan) is to put some music on and go tackle the long arm. I have lots of tops that need to be done. I have to get over this fear and just do it!!!

Today, my dad would have turned 79. Lots of memories and maybe a few tears will flow today. I miss him a bunch, but know he is in a better place. I was a bit of a daddy's girl.... I miss his sense of humor and his smile and laughter.

Hugs and prayers to anyone who needs them, whether you have asked for them or not.

New York Sue
June 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
YIPPY-SKIPPY! It's Friday, and I am OFF tonight, and don't have to return to work until next Thursday. WOOHOO!
Family coming in later today for a weekend visit... Then to finish RW&B Dresden Table Topper swap and then....(drumroll, please) then final piecing of MY queen-sized 'CITY BLOCK' one charm wonder quilt! (And a whole lot of other yardage, predominately B&W...).
ENJOY your day peeps!

Sandy Navas
June 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Still trying to come alive this morning. Tossed and turned some in the middle of the night and don't feel totally rested. YAWN!

Let's see, yesterday I finished sewing the 9 patches for my RW&B VA quilt, got about half squared up - shoulders get tight and I put that aside for a bit. Did my 2013 swap redo. Now I can move on with that one. Helped one of the DGDs do a packaged patch quilt for her new baby sister (due in less than 3 weeks). Have another box cut and ready to stitch for diaper storage for said NBS (new baby sister).

The first day of summer and I have every reason in the world to stay locked up in my sewing haven. And so, I'd best make haste and get there. Anyone know of a good masseur? Open to all possibilities.

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-seasons/summer-glitter/summer-time.gif

auntiemern
June 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Morning all. Yes today is Friday, hopefully the day I get to go home, and sleep in my own bed. Feeling pretty good today. Got ahold of DH before he left to come here early this AM, and had him bring me Krispy Kremes. Yum, yum. Wishing all of my quilty friends, health, happiness, and of course love. Hugs and Blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

WendyI
June 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
TGIF has NEVER been so true for me! I just need to get through the day and then I can relax for a bit...next week will be hectic as well but I can't remember the last time I needed a quiet weekend so BAD!!

Marilyn so nice to see you up and chipper this morning and enjoying your KKremes! Those are sinfully yummy!!

Everyone...have a fantabulous day and a splendiferous weekend!! (((((HUGS))))) to all!
xox

quiltingtrish
June 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
Happy 1st day of Summer!! Actually, MY first day of Summer is the day after school lets out. That's when the sewing/quilting gets a'rolling!

The DH seems to have other plans than I do for the basement clean-up so while waiting for him to help (and hopefully use my ideas), I started to tackle the kitchen. I'll finish up the decluttering on that this morning. A food store run is in store - running out of coffee and the 2 older cats are having a starvation fussy fit because we've run out of the brand they have eaten for the past 10 years - silly me, thought that we could finish up the half bag of icky cat food the girls brought back with them.

HAVE to get some sewing in today. Think I'll aim for the kitchen finishing and running done by noon and the rest of the day can be mine. Next week is the last week for the month so the goal is to tidy up all the loose papers (that can take a day here!), and clean out the 2 closets by the front door. July brings another month of this or that room with more quilty projects getting finished.

Hope you all have a great day all. I'll be back on tonight to see what's going on here.

Hugs,

Claire Hallman
June 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
I am excited about today, two friends and I are going to a local quilt show. I will be selling raffle tickets for our guild's quilt for a couple of hours but will still have time to shop the vendor hall and see all the quilts. Then we will go for a late lunch, maybe Cracker Barrel.
Have a great weekend folks.:D

Renate
June 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
It is always the real time, when our pretty B(l)ond-Girl makes us smile ... Blondie if you would not exist, somebody must invent you! I cannot imagine a world without my daily portion of Blondie`s smilings and jokes. Would I ever fall into black mood, I will book my holidays at Blondies Make-You-Smile Hospital :-)

Darling thanks so so much making the world so bright and shining

aliaslaceygreen
June 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Happy SUMMER!!! I don't go along with it starting sometime on the 20th now-a-days! My favorite aunt (like a mother!) was born on the 21st, the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER and therefore, it IS today!

I slept till after 9, as is right on a vacation day....Now, to the piles of fabric, to Pinterest and to finalizing my plans for the RVA and Sandy quilts I have in my head that need OUT!

Take care all, I hope that today is a good one.... Here is a HUG------> ((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

Madeforyouinma11
June 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
Good morning all...
Marylyn, I hope you get to go home today.
Well, today is the first day of summer! Yay..lets hope the rain subsides a little and we can enjoy some sunshine.
I have an appointment today at 2, smack in the middle of my day. I have to go see a urologist because when I went for my yearly physical there was micro blood cells in my urine. I went for a second test and it was the same. I guess better safe than sorry but I don't mind saying, I'm a little worried. I'm a pretty healthy person so when something like this comes up, I get a little nervous. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
I need to go to Joann's today too and work a little more on the cleaning of my sewing room. I can't even walk around in there since I put everything in there from the other room, plus I had a shelf fall...guess I had too much fabric on it. That is being solved by putting it all on boards and into the closet.
Well, wishing everyone a wonderful day and a very happy weekend. Will check back later to see what else is going on with all of you.
Prayers and hugs to everyone!

Mom23
June 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Good Morning All,

Yesterday I got to meet up with Debbie, aka HdWench, as she was traveling through Effingham. I took her to our local quilt shop and we both walked out with a bag of fabric, and a free book since we spent so much! It still blows my mind that someone would be traveling through and camping in our little town.

I met up early this morning and walked with some ladies I used to work with. After we went to Starbucks and put back on all the calories we walked off but it was wonderful to get together with them. I was really missing them and needed some adult contact.

Tonight we are going to a Cardinal Baseball Game in St. Louis, tomorrow we are cleaning my in-laws house, and Sunday will be spent at the cabin. Doesn't look like I will be getting too much sewing done but that's just the way summer is. I have my little hexi bag packed so I can work on them in the car. I made a deal with my husband, he drives there so I can sew, I drive home so he can drink at the game. Works for both of us!!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

toggpine
June 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Good morning!

The weather finally shifted and the rain came. Whoo Hoo! The only problem is it brought a sinus headache with it. I must have used up all of the ExcedrinSinus stuff, as I can't find any around here. I'm stopping at the store on my way to work to get some. My eyeballs feel like they are trying to pop out of my head. Not cool.

I'll see if I can make any more progress on the hand-dye quilt tonight. Thankfully I should have enough of the fabric to make up for the fact that one piece is 4 inches narrower than standard. Just barely, but enough.

You all have a fabulous day!
Cathy

grammakim04
June 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Good Morning All,
I'm very happy to be back home after having gallbladder surgery even though I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Now I need rest to heal. Put a pile of quilting magazines aside to enjoy just for this time.
Hope everyone has a dry weekend because where I live, we are having massive flooding in Southern Alberta. Luckily, we are high & dry but the City of Calgary and south of there is just devastated, hopefully the rains will stop this weekend.

On a brighter note, maybe I will see a new quilt in a magazine to start when I feel better.

Kim

Miss Sheri
June 21st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Good Morning Friends!
Kim, I'm glad you are back home, hopefully this will take care of all those unpleasant issues and you can be whole again.

I have been getting so much done while avoiding the one task that really NEEDS to be done. I really need to stop avoiding the weeding that stares at me so I feel guilty every time I pass by my fence. But, while avoiding the weeding, I have: picked the strawberries, picked the peas, organized my sewing area, finished my tumbling charms quilt top, vacuumed, laundry, dishes, floors, beds, bathrooms. Now I REALLY do need to go out and weed. . . . but I think I'll just see what's happening here this morning first...

Monique
June 21st, 2013, 07:54 PM
I know I am late posting here but I did not have time this morning. Another work day, but today I made a quilted christmas ornament (no sew) and it turned out pretty well. I will pictures posted. It does take a heck of a lot of straight pins though.

Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdU7dliAdMo

I have a long weekend this weekend. Monday is a Quebec holiday. Yipee. I will need to get some cleaning done before the kids come home this weekend.

Have a great weekend friends.

Sew Perfect
June 21st, 2013, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone...I too, am late posting today. This week has gone by so fast!

I ran around with my daughter and son yesterday. We had a nice lunch. Then, as the evening went by last night, I began feeling a bit unwell. I went to bed and woke up at 4:30 today. Wow, I can't believe I wasted the day away sleeping and I feel like I need to sleep more!

I'd like to get some sewing done on my sister's quilt before going back to bed. Hope I can get some work done. I feel the pressure of getting it done as she and her family are moving out of the country in Oct. I just found out the actual time they are going the other day, I started this quilt a year and a half ago.

I hope you all had a good day today. Blessings