PDA

View Full Version : What a week its been

Poppytree
June 21st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Busy few days at the beginning of the week then - bought a car, had the grandchildren to stay for 2 days, daughter moved house today and the girls were off school.

It poured with rain and we had the dog too Still managed to start my half hexie 'Good Vibrations' quilt and sew a few more 1" hexi flowers. Also managed to fit in making 60 muffins for a ladies day conference at our church tomorrow so another early start in the morning.

Hope I have a better sleep tonight - only managed 4 hours last night!

Nidan_07
June 21st, 2013, 06:34 AM
At least you managed some sewing time amongst all of that. Has been raining, cold and miserable up here in Sunny Brisbane today, too (makes for great sewing weather,but I had to work). Kids up here start 2 weeks holiday today. If you are having school holidays down there too, I hope the grandchildren enjoy them.
Happy stitching.

Poppytree
June 21st, 2013, 06:51 AM
School holiday here is in 2 weeks this was a teachers training day at their school in Coromandel Valley

Evilynn
June 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM
Wow, sounds like you were a busy bee! Now that Janna's crawling, I am nearly constantly completely tuckered out by latest 11 p.m. but more likely by 10 p.m. Normally I go to bed at around 12 and would perhaps browse the net on my phone for half an hour. No way anymore ;) Now I find myself in the bed sometimes by 10.30 and instantly falling asleep. And I feel too exhausted to even turn the sewing machine on. But I made a promise myself to get going again. I miss sewing :(

MayinJerset
June 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hope next week is a better one.

Sandy Navas
June 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Golly, Jane. I'm worn out and ready to go back to bed just from trying to keep up with you!!

SallyO'Sews
June 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Ssshhh!!! Go back to sleep, Jane! :) Sweet dreams...

Poppytree
June 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Conference went well even though I was on my feet or working from 8.30am till 4.30pm. Took a herbal tablet to help me sleep last night once the girls went home and was dead to the world by 9.00pm - slept over 10 hours too ........... bliss!

Clive watching the Lions first rugby match in Brisbane (on TV) and I'm ready for bed with a cuppa and maybe my library book even though its only 8.00pm. I made 2 hexi flowers earlier but I can hardly keep my eyes open now. Quiet day tomorrow with a concert in the afternoon. The move went smoothly and alls well now. Their new house is fabulous (enjoying our new car too)

quiltingtrish
June 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Their house is gorgeous! Oh, did I say gorgeous?

Hugs,

Evilynn
June 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
That kitchen :O Wow, wow! Very nice house!

Poppytree
June 23rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Money goes a long way here in Adelaide compared to houses in London and the home counties. It does look very grand but I'm sure they'll all be happy there (and its only 3 minutes away in the car or a 10 minute walk)

Slept nearly 12 hours last night and overslept but made it to church (2 minutes late) quick wash and brush up but no time for breakfast.