PDA

View Full Version : Oh... THAT MAN!!

kensington
June 20th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Well, here is a bit of a story that happened with my dh yesterday. I wanted to share. This is how I shared it on Facebook with our family and friends.

Okay... I'm going to take this SLOW... Breathe in... Breathe out... Now, if you heard about the Semi Truck that overturned on the 435 ramp going north onto 169 that lost control and flipped... fully loaded with coal. @ 6:45am this morning. And the driver was strapped inside, and then with gas, and oil and coal going everywhere... a man who witnessed the wreck ran across 4 lanes of highway to climb up on the truck and help the man out to safety... THAT MAN.... Is my husband Martin. My husband didn't pause to think about it as a few others stood around... He ran to help and saw the man safely out of the flipped truck. Give him a HOORAH today!

Freaky Dink things happen all the time, and ordinary people step up and become heros! That's my man!

Sharyn J
June 20th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Your heart must have skipped a beat when you heard this, but you know your hubby and obviously he is a man who cares for others and willing to help. Your husband is truly a hero. Many people stand by waiting for others to assist. It takes a special person to act in such a heroic manner. Give him a big hug from all of us. You must be proud.

PeggyM
June 20th, 2013, 08:44 PM
OMG! What a hero.

Juliadlf
June 20th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hoorah , hoorah ;)

mom4him
June 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
An awesome guy you got there!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Thank heaven everyone is OK! Your guy is quite a guy!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 20th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Your husband is one of very few who would do that! My God bless him. ( and you too) :-)

MRoy
June 20th, 2013, 09:14 PM
HOORAY! That MAN is a true American HERO!

pcbatiks
June 20th, 2013, 09:16 PM
You must be proud of your husband........he did a courageous thing. Glad he is okay.

ilive2craft2
June 20th, 2013, 09:22 PM
HOORAH HOORAH So glad that everyone was safe. Your husband is a hero.

Nidan_07
June 20th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Awsome! what a genuinely caring person. I hope that he is feeling great about himself today... he deserves to. Give him a great big pat on the back. I'll bet that driver is thankful that your man was around.

asta
June 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Now, that man is a keeper, give him lots of hugs and kisses.
Beth

kensington
June 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Thank you everyone! Yes, we are all pretty proud of him around here.

BellasQuilts
June 20th, 2013, 10:09 PM
What bravery. Tell him we said thank you for being that type of guy. Thank goodness he is okay.

KathieB
June 20th, 2013, 10:35 PM
You have an amazing man,but, you already knew that! :icon_happy:

lilmouse
June 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I for one am very grateful he was there to help; Steve drives semi long haul and someday it could be him....he has seen his share of accidents and most people just stand around and do nothing....the stories he can tell; he would be one to jump up there also....so be very proud of your man....we are!

auntiemern
June 20th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Awesome. That was years of military training kicking in. Most servicemen are hero's in my book. WTG Martin.

bubba
June 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
Wow!!! Give that man a big fat sloppy smooch!!

WendyI
June 21st, 2013, 12:25 AM
Wow! So scary though! Running across a four lane highway is SO incredibly dangerous!! What a brave man indeed! You have every right to be proud! Big hugs and kisses all around!

kensington
June 21st, 2013, 01:57 AM
Wow!!! Give that man a big fat sloppy smooch!!

PAALEEESE! WE don't want to go overboard!

Ellimay
June 21st, 2013, 01:59 AM
Your man saved another person. He is a hero. Without thought for himself, he simply reacted. WTG .

Sew Perfect
June 21st, 2013, 02:20 AM
Kensey, your dh is a hero! I am glad there is still someone out there who will risk everything to save/help another person! I didn't get to see the news, but your news is news enough and I like good news. WTG...Martin! You are the man of steel!

turena65
June 21st, 2013, 02:50 AM
Your heart must have skipped a beat when you heard this, but you know your hubby and obviously he is a man who cares for others and willing to help. Your husband is truly a hero. Many people stand by waiting for others to assist. It takes a special person to act in such a heroic manner. Give him a big hug from all of us. You must be proud.

You took the words right out of my mouth Sharyn... "when ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" .....

Miss Sheri
June 21st, 2013, 03:06 AM
Oh my, that's enough to jump start your heart, isn't it? That OTHER man must be counting his blessings tonight because oh your wonderful husband. What a miracle that everyone is ok, that could have ended badly in so many ways.

patchiereggie
June 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Yeah for your hubs. The world would be a poorer place without him.

Iris Girl
June 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM
hooray!! give him a hug. He is a hero!

Poppytree
June 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM
What a hero - after the initial shock you must be so proud of him.

Evilynn
June 21st, 2013, 07:06 AM
Quite a hero you have married there. WTG!

SallyO'Sews
June 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Giving Martin a big HOORAH from Connecticut! You are so right to be proud of him. I'll bet that truck driver feels the same!

SallyO'Sews
June 21st, 2013, 12:37 PM
PAALEEESE! WE don't want to go overboard!

Awww, sure we do!! :D

Genny
June 21st, 2013, 07:16 PM
Well, here is a bit of a story that happened with my dh yesterday. I wanted to share. This is how I shared it on Facebook with our family and friends.

Okay... I'm going to take this SLOW... Breathe in... Breathe out... Now, if you heard about the Semi Truck that overturned on the 435 ramp going north onto 169 that lost control and flipped... fully loaded with coal. @ 6:45am this morning. And the driver was strapped inside, and then with gas, and oil and coal going everywhere... a man who witnessed the wreck ran across 4 lanes of highway to climb up on the truck and help the man out to safety... THAT MAN.... Is my husband Martin. My husband didn't pause to think about it as a few others stood around... He ran to help and saw the man safely out of the flipped truck. Give him a HOORAH today!

Freaky Dink things happen all the time, and ordinary people step up and become heros! That's my man!

I think your husband deserves a big Hoorah and a whole lot of HUGS!!!

bhaggerty
June 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM
So awesome !! So brave!! So proud!!

Judy, USMC
June 21st, 2013, 10:51 PM
Happy to hear the story about your hero. I'm sure he made another family extremely happy too. God places special people on this earth to do special things!

janluna
June 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM
Martin, is indeed, a Hero! Thank God for him helping that poor man. God Bless your Husband. He obviously Blessed the Man by sending Martin to help. Blessings, Jan L.

Shelovesfabric
June 22nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
Wow, what a kindhearted thing to do! Way to go, Martin!!:icon_woohoo: